PDA

View Full Version : An example of bad umpiring in Aus vs Pak 2nd ODI

Blah
February 5, 2005, 10:30 PM
For people who were loosing their sleep because of the bad decisions BD umpire made on Ban vs Zim ODI, which might have helped us to win, according to them. Here is something to chew on. Hopefully this will help you to understand that bad umpiring is as much a part of cricket as everything else that are part of cricket. And even good umpires make very very bad decisions.

0.5 Naved-ul-Hasan to Gilchrist, no run, goes back to force to the on
side, hit on the pad, looked very close, plumb in fact, what was
Rudi doing there, dear me a shocking not out there!!!!
That was plumb, Rudi dear oh dear

There was a couple of questionable decision for Aus in ODI 1 too, didn't think of saving the comms than, but I was following the game through cricinfo.

By the way, the 2nd game is going on right now, and you can follow it on cricinfo, should be a good game.

Blah

pinch_hitter
February 5, 2005, 10:40 PM
lol... sounds like a pakistani writing the comments there in cricinfo. never seen a decision being stretched so much further in cricinfo before...

bechara-r jala pora shuru hoye gese... :D

Sam
February 6, 2005, 01:44 AM
This thread should be in International Cricket.

bourny3
February 7, 2005, 01:04 AM
Yes i saw that game live on TV it was plumb as they come. Hawk eye the new innovation showed it hitting middle halfway up. It pitched on leg.

DJ Sahastra
February 7, 2005, 02:05 AM
Lets face it - Rudi Koertzen, Steve Bucknor, , Clive Llyod, Mike Proctor, Chris Broad are well know "Aussie Back-Lickers".

I have followed the patterns of their decision-making and the way they treat dissents/unsporting behaviour etc. and conclude that they are imemnsely boased against the sub-continetal teams.

Fazal
February 7, 2005, 02:05 PM
Bad... Bad ... Bad umpiring... spoiled everything..... deprived us of another game (game-3)

Ameer
February 7, 2005, 03:56 PM
There was also another LBW that would have hit leg stump according to hawkeye... just in the second over... Rao to Clarke... there was no appeal... but can you blame them? They would have been rejected anyway. The umpires have been on a mission to screw Pakistan.

DJ Sahastra
February 7, 2005, 04:01 PM
I want Rudi Koertzen to be the Umpire for India-Pakistan series :).