PDA

View Full Version : Who will be the stand-out bowler in England?

jabbar
February 6, 2005, 08:54 PM
I will go with the obvious choice and say that Enamul Haque Jnr. will be dangerous.

Edited on, February 7, 2005, 4:28 AM GMT, by jabbar.

jabbar
February 6, 2005, 08:56 PM
Also, I will say that tapash might be a cause for concern for the English.

fab
February 6, 2005, 09:37 PM
So you don't think Mashrafe will stand out? Why not?

jabbar
February 6, 2005, 11:27 PM
don't know. My gut feeling says he won't. Hope he does though...

In any case, Enamul will most certainly fire, and my bet is on him doing well.

bourny3
February 7, 2005, 01:16 AM
Nazmul will definitely. he bowled well in the CT so he will be the best.

Huda
February 7, 2005, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by bourny3

without a doubt 100% namul will, as well tapash and mash, england pitches are all about swing, so whoever can make the most of these conditions will thrive

ManInBlack
February 7, 2005, 06:18 AM
Nazmul, Tapash and Mash...can they be match winners like Enamul? I have some doubts.

Rubu
February 7, 2005, 08:47 AM
i think mashrafee will be the one. he got all kinda swings and he bowls with inteligence and heart. a bowler like this will be standing out in any condition.

Ahmed_B
February 7, 2005, 09:01 AM
All the pacers may do well..

And as I hav seen before... Masree is usually vicious on seaming wickets!!... he will be kool to watch.. no doubt! :)

Warlock
February 7, 2005, 09:49 AM
Don't forget our old "Chacha", his harmless-looking medium pacers can be a real problem for the opponent in the ODIs.

Rubu
February 7, 2005, 10:00 AM
yes, chacha has a reputation of doing good in english condition BOTH with bat and ball. unless his age shows up to be a big factor we can't write him off. but i'm worried about taposh. hope he gets his teeth back, soon.

AsifTheManRahman
February 7, 2005, 10:02 AM
chacchu will rock on the english pitches

reverse_swing
February 7, 2005, 10:03 AM
Chacha and Enamul.

offcutter
February 7, 2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman

Mashrafee's pace probably will be handled well by the English and BD spinners may not get much help from the pitch. That leave's Chacha's gentle medium pace with that nagging line and length. He may be a handful but in the ODIs only.

jabbar
February 7, 2005, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Huda
Originally posted by bourny3

without a doubt 100% namul will, as well tapash and mash, england pitches are all about swing, so whoever can make the most of these conditions will thrive

I was going to say that... Tapash will do well because of his ability to swing/seam the ball.

I hope they all do well though. Mashrafe will probably do well given his good form - but methinks he will do better with the bat than with the ball....
:tiger:

jabbar
February 7, 2005, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by offcutter

Mashrafee's pace probably will be handled well by the English and BD spinners may not get much help from the pitch. That leave's Chacha's gentle medium pace with that nagging line and length. He may be a handful but in the ODIs only.

I was wondering who "chacha" is? Is he Khaled Mahmud (the short, stumpy guy with the old-man looks?)

DotBall
February 7, 2005, 07:30 PM
All the seamers will have fun on English wicket as long as they are not afraid of pitching it up. I will bet on Taposh and Masri on getting more wickets than Nazmul. Enam might have harder time than Rafique, but I hope all of them give the English men good run for their money.

IanW
February 7, 2005, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by jabbar

I was wondering who "chacha" is? Is he Khaled Mahmud (the short, stumpy guy with the old-man looks?)

Yeah, short, stumpy guy - can't bowl, can't bat, can't field and can't captain.

Ian Whitchurch

jabbar
February 8, 2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by IanW
Originally posted by jabbar

Yeah, short, stumpy guy - can't bowl, can't bat, can't field and can't captain.

Ian Whitchurch

oooh. harsh, dude.

harsh, but true :)
No offence to Khaled, who has been a good servant of BD cricket. It's time for the next 'batch'; the next generation, to open their wings and fly ... :fanflag:

Mahir
February 8, 2005, 07:45 PM
I just have this feeling that if success comes in England, it will be largely due to our bowlers, instead of the batsmen. In that case, I have high hopes on Enamul Jr. and Tapash. Shujon wont play the Tests, and in ODIs, he might surely pick up wickets here and there, but I dont find any reason to believe that he will trouble the English batsmen.