PDA

View Full Version : Was the Zimbabwe victory worth celebrating, or do the Tigers still need to prove themselves?

jabbar
February 7, 2005, 12:35 AM
It seems that this topic pops up in a lot of threads, so I was intersted to see what the general consenus was on this issue.

I'll cast my vote and say.... it was a worthy victory. Zimbabwe, although a weakened side, were not all that bad. And winning a series (test or ODI) is still difficult to achieve. Additionally, BD were showing signs of form before Zimbabwe with their vistory over India in the preceding ODI series with them

:fanflag:

Edited on, February 7, 2005, 5:36 AM GMT, by jabbar.

bourny3
February 7, 2005, 01:35 AM
I think they need to prove themselves still but i voted for a worthy victory because they played well. If BD do well against England then they have proved themselves.

Shafiul
February 7, 2005, 02:14 AM
There is proverb in rural bangladesh " khete khete khadok, katte katte ghatak". Yes it was worth celebrating. Because this way we learned to win and in future this win will be a driving force to win new matches. Still word remains that tigers need to improve themselves to face the lions of the cricket world.

Ahmed_B
February 7, 2005, 07:28 AM
IMO...we should celebrate our win vs. ZIM... and we still need to prove ourselves at higher level!

which one should I vote?!:-/
I need to vote both.. can I ?! :)

Edited on, February 7, 2005, 12:29 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.

opu_87
February 7, 2005, 08:40 AM
ithink it was worth of victory because bangladesh was able to save their test status now ICC cant take our status it gona stay for ever. and also this serise shows that bagladesh has improved alot as they were before, 2-3 years ago BD couldnt get any more than 160-190 not they are capable of getting more than 200 and also they have record of 416 against wEST INDIES
:flag: be proud

Rubu
February 7, 2005, 08:42 AM
dont get the point.
Was the Zimbabwe victory worth celebrating, or do the Tigers still need to prove themselves?

when u r using an "or" the two statements has to be contradictory or opposite. but, the above sentences are not.

the Zimbabwe victory worth celebrating, and the Tigers still need to prove themselves - makes perfect sense.

Sam
February 7, 2005, 10:45 AM
I cannot vote, because both are correct, we should celebrate the maiden win and at the same time we have to get prepared to prove ourselves.

ZaKi
February 7, 2005, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
dont get the point.
Was the Zimbabwe victory worth celebrating, or do the Tigers still need to prove themselves?

when u r using an "or" the two statements has to be contradictory or opposite. but, the above sentences are not.

the Zimbabwe victory worth celebrating, and the Tigers still need to prove themselves - makes perfect sense.

yeah... u are absolutely right at the right point :great:

jabbar
March 1, 2005, 12:27 AM
dont get the point.

You got me there, pardner. You are quite right!

I guess the poll should read "Has BD proved themselves" / " ... not proved themselves".

I suppose you can take the first option in the context of the second option and interpret it as what I just said...

Hmmm... who cares anyway. Let's move on to England... As George Dubya would say: "BRING IT ON!!!"

fwullah
March 1, 2005, 12:49 AM
We deserve to celebrate the victory, because even though the Zimbabwe team was weak, it still had players of their 'A' side and/or U-19 side (they didn't come out from out of wilderness). What would happen (Allah Na Koruk) if the Zimbabwe team consisting of Streak, Flower brothers, Strang brothers, Whittall brothers, Carlisle and others were in an accident of some sort (again, Allah Na Koruk - I pray & hope that this does not happen to anybody), then the Zimbabwe team would consist of the same group of players that they did play against us.

So, why won't this be a deserving and a worthy victory?

In addition to that, I believe that even if we had beaten a Zimbabwe team consisting of the above mentioned players - Streak, Blignaut, Carlisle, Flower brothers) we would still had to prove ourselves against other stronger teams.

So we would have to continue to prove ourselves to the critics no matter what - it has become our legacy.

I guess the only 'shot-cut' way to prove ourselves would be beating the Australians right now - then everybody might stop criticizing us. And even I know that it is possible in only our dreams.

bdmoderator
March 1, 2005, 05:51 AM
BD still need to prove themselves, But that was also a Worthy Victory.

cricket_pagla
March 1, 2005, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by ZaKi
dont get the point.

yeah... u are absolutely right at the right point :great:
:up:

opu_87
March 1, 2005, 07:27 AM
this victory was important

opu_87
March 1, 2005, 07:28 AM
think about this way if we had lose 2 test and ODIs then we would be kicked out of ICC test table. our test status would be gone by now so it was worthy victory

opu_87
March 1, 2005, 07:29 AM
i think this shows our improvement so far
:flag:

opu_87
March 1, 2005, 07:29 AM
we should all be happy:great: