PDA

View Full Version : Which Asian Team Other Than Bangladesh Do You Support???

tiger_man
February 7, 2005, 01:22 AM
I go for Pakistan, what about you??

Edited on, February 7, 2005, 6:24 AM GMT, by tiger_man.

bourny3
February 7, 2005, 01:40 AM
I dont go for any of them. But i would say India.

Spitfire_x86
February 7, 2005, 01:49 AM
India

tutul
February 7, 2005, 01:52 AM
India

Mridul
February 7, 2005, 01:57 AM
I support India when they play against Pak/SL.......otherwise i dont support any of them...non of them are consistent

abu_akif
February 7, 2005, 02:06 AM
Srilanka...

Background: I had some SriLankan friends with whom I used to share my dormitory and we used to enjoy cricket together a lot. That time, I saw their passion for cricket and I grew a form of admiration for them.

Usually I am always happy when I see any of these teams are beating any other non-Asian teams..

Shafiul
February 7, 2005, 02:18 AM
I support India for their consistency. Pakistan is awefully inconsistent and unpredictable. Srilanka has lot of trouble in their cricket administration.

RazabQ
February 7, 2005, 02:27 AM
I root for all Asian teams in general, and then i'd love for Windies to do well. Yes, there is a decided chromatic bias in my rooting tendencies :)

howzatt!
February 7, 2005, 02:49 AM
sri lanka.

shujan
February 7, 2005, 02:53 AM
I voted for Srilanka. I used to like Pakistan. I started to follow cricket during Imran Khan, Wasim Akram time. Pakistan and West Indies were the top team at that time. These two team showed me how nice the cricket game is.

Now I like SriLanka. Srilanka was a minnow in 1990. They have come a long way. Another aspect that I think is impressive about srilanka is that they are good in both ODI and Test. They rank higher in both form of cricket . On the contrary India is awesome in test but so so in ODI. Pakistan can scare Australia in ODI but play very hot tempered test. SriLanka is balanced. I want Bangladesh to develop like SriLanka.

tiger_man
February 7, 2005, 03:16 AM
funny few people go for pakistan.......looks like i am the only one

Rubayed
February 7, 2005, 03:23 AM
Pakistan

AGC
February 7, 2005, 03:29 AM
Sri Lanka. Wow amazed to see so many people voting Pakistan!

Mr-khan
February 7, 2005, 04:23 AM
Srilanka

cricket_pagla
February 7, 2005, 06:38 AM
.oops:

Navarene
February 7, 2005, 07:03 AM
India

Ahmed_B
February 7, 2005, 07:16 AM
I like srilanka..
It is much more professional than Ind/Pak

Shehwar
February 7, 2005, 07:17 AM
I go for Pakistan.....Fell in love with their side when Inzy (Inzamam-Ul-Huq) single handedly won the World Cup '92 semi-final against New Zealand...& went on to win the trophy....& since that was my first world cup..it had quite an impact on me.....

Rubu
February 7, 2005, 08:45 AM
i said it once, i'll said it again, when there is the word "support" it goes to only bangladesh. starts there and ends there.

if i'm watching a game between two teams where bd is not playing, i'll chose one for the day and watch it, but there will not be a support for any team except for bd.

offcutter
February 7, 2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
i said it once, i'll said it again, when there is the word "support" it goes to only bangladesh. starts there and ends there.

if i'm watching a game between two teams where bd is not playing, i'll chose one for the day and watch it, but there will not be a support for any team except for bd.

Well said. I'm with you.

roi
February 7, 2005, 09:37 AM
yes...i second u.......i just watch the match...enjoy it

Warlock
February 7, 2005, 09:44 AM
My Srilankan friedns are really nice and that's why I support Srilanka. Besides, Srilanka can be a great role model for Bangladesh. We even have Dav Whatmore- their most famous coach.

Ahsan
February 7, 2005, 10:45 AM
srilankan...and west indies.

mwrkhan
February 7, 2005, 10:55 AM
Before Bangladesh gained test status my favourite teams were the West Indies and England. Remember, up to the late 80's (Lloyd, Richards), the Windies hardly lost (Australia were the weaklings then). Of the Asian teams I support India. In general, to this day I support any team playing against Pakistan. In the world cup final of 1996 I supported Sri Lanka.

ZaKi
February 7, 2005, 11:05 AM
Srilanka

imthegr81
February 7, 2005, 11:07 AM
Yeah Agentsmith got it right! But since the pole asked to choose between the other 3 teams (apart from Bangladesh), its DEFINITELY Pakistan. However I'm really surprised to see that India is ahead in the pole!:exclamation:

oracle
February 7, 2005, 11:08 AM
Very hard to support any other team than BD, really hard.
When I am not supporting BD, then I am busy thinking about the BD line up for next match.
No time for others these days.:)

RazabQ
February 7, 2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by oracle
When I am not supporting BD, then I am busy thinking about the BD line up for next match.

Actually Oracle you are right. I used to follow Paki cricket pretty strongly, but can't be bothered much about them anymore since I have "our boys" to think about :)

Sham
February 7, 2005, 12:20 PM
On principle, I can't support Pakistan. Never could. Yes yes I know, sports and politics shouldn't get mixed up ya di da but thats just the way it is for me. Therefore, I used to support India growing up in all the highly charged indo-pak encounters. But now, I couldn't care less about any of the Asian teams apart from Bangladesh.

cisco-guy
February 7, 2005, 12:28 PM
As many of you stated clearly, I also support Bangladesh only if BD is playing.

Between India and Pakistan games, I supported India.

Between India and Srilanka games, I supported Srilanka.

Between Pakistand and Srilanka games, I supported Srilanka.

howzatt!
February 7, 2005, 02:07 PM
agentsmith put it right. other than BD, i'm not a diehard supporter of any other cricket team. but if you talk about football, i'm a diehard fan of brazil.

Bat-PadTogether
February 7, 2005, 04:13 PM
PAKISTAN

brikonwall
February 7, 2005, 05:14 PM
Malaysia....(hmmm...China may be)

razath
February 7, 2005, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by oracle

I like to go with Oracle. Earlier I have lot of interest about others cricket and I was among the few supporters of Australia in Bangladesh. I followed ball by ball of any cricket but now I go with the scorecard only.

I'm supporter of any team playing against Pakistan and I dont have any option to cast my vote in this poll.

Why? do you know? Couple of days ago, I met some of Bangladeshi here in Canada, who did not have any interest about BD-ZIM match but later they got excited (ofcourse with lot of Pakistani friends) about the performance of Pakistan in VB. Thanks to Allah, He kept their mouth shut with the loss of Pakistan 2-0. Still they are happy because they think Pakistan fought evenly.

These crazy supporters of Pakistan, who love Pakistan more than Bangladesh, gradually grew hatred among myself against Pakistan. It's worth to mention that I was also supporter of Pakistan before Australia.

Sorry, if it hurts any Pakistani supporters.

FORGET ABOUT OTHERS, THINK ABOUT BANGLADESH.:fanflag:

Navarene
February 7, 2005, 06:08 PM
Wow! I am really enjoying the way the casting of the poll going on. Very nail biting contest: 24/21/15

Mahir
February 7, 2005, 06:12 PM
INDIA! The team of masterful batsmen...

DJ Sahastra
February 7, 2005, 06:21 PM
Of the 22 votes for India, i have cast 21. I am looking for the Shalar Bhai who gave the remaining one vote to India :great::bravo:

Mahir
February 7, 2005, 06:27 PM
i did... but easy with the language... n i dont think u can vote twice :D

Edited on, February 7, 2005, 11:28 PM GMT, by MasterBlaster.

laki
February 7, 2005, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith

I'm with you

Rubayed
February 7, 2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by AGC

I'm amazed that u r amazed;) Didnt u know it anyways? Its not as surprising as u made it sound like!

jabbar
February 7, 2005, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by razabq
I root for all Asian teams in general, and then i'd love for Windies to do well. Yes, there is a decided chromatic bias in my rooting tendencies :)

I like how you put it: "chromatic bias". Ha ha!! :D

It's interesting how so many bd's here in australia invariably go for the side with the darkest overall complexion. When the windies come here, the bd's all support them when they play australia - even those that grew up here! I must say, I do go for the visiting sides, even when they are asian. But not due to any racial reasons, but simply because I have a tendency to go for the underdog, and I am craving some competition, which we here in Australia have been lacking for a very long time now...

I voted Pakis, but I regret that. They are a woefully inconsistent sde and lack intelligence in the way they play cricket. I think India and Sri Lanka show a lot more thought in their play.

Edited on, February 8, 2005, 12:03 AM GMT, by jabbar.

Edited on, February 8, 2005, 12:21 AM GMT, by jabbar.

jabbar
February 7, 2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Rubayed
Originally posted by AGC

I'm amazed that u r amazed;) Didnt u know it anyways? Its not as surprising as u made it sound like!

As a fellow Muslim nation, and former ruler/plunderer, we have an unignorable link with the Pakis. But, we should feel more strength in out team and stop gaining satisfaction from Pakistan victories.

mwrkhan
February 7, 2005, 07:28 PM
Guys, back in the eighties support for Pakistan was almost universal in BD. It is understandable that people of our parent's generation may be biased towards Pakisan given that they grew up in that country, but I never understood the support for Pakistan amongst the younger generations.

I have always supported any team playing against Pakistan even if it was England or New Zealand. In fact I am probably the only person in the country who supports England against Australia. When I began to take an active interest in cricket back in the early eighties Australia were not a good side and lost to England quite frequently, culminating in the '86-'87 series in Australia when England last won the ashes.

Sham
February 7, 2005, 09:19 PM
Wait a minute my friend, there is no bigger Bangladeshi England fan than me! :) I go bullied in school because of it man, from being called mad cow to my own team-mates screaming 'go POM' when I used to bat, I have had my fair share of crap for supporting England!

AGC
February 7, 2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Rubayed
Originally posted by AGC

Well it IS surprising for me. I am amazed because of historical reasons. I support any team against Pakistan and would love to see Bangladesh beat Pakistan more than any team in the world. I see them as rivals and therefore do not support their team AT ALL. But thats just me and my personal opinion:)
Joy Bangla.

roaring_tiger
February 7, 2005, 10:11 PM
I only support Bangladesh,
for the paki supporters I have a question...which team do you support when Bangladesh play against Paki?
and how did you feel on 31st May,1999 when Bangladesh beat paki?...
ha...ha...I am sure u would claim that it was fixed.....:down:
:fanflag:

rafiq
February 7, 2005, 11:55 PM
hmm.... the poll is tied at 27-27 with SL far behind. Should I break the tie, no I better not!

alias
February 7, 2005, 11:55 PM
I am really surprised to see the strong support for India. This was unthinkable before the days of Tendulkar and Sat TV.

DJ Sahastra
February 8, 2005, 12:01 AM
I have put 6 more votes for India :P. Now it's 28 in favour of India :joy:

Edited on, February 8, 2005, 5:02 AM GMT, by DJ Sahastra.

fab
February 8, 2005, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by jabbar
It's interesting how so many bd's here in australia invariably go for the side with the darkest overall complexion. When the windies come here, the bd's all support them when they play australia - even those that grew up here!
LOL That's definitely right!

Asian team other than BD would definitely be Sri Lanka. For Pak vs Ind - whoever is losing :)

In fact, here's my entire list in descending order :P

BD
WI
SL
AU/IND/PAK (which ever is losing)
ZIM
SA
NZ
ENG

reverse_swing
February 8, 2005, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by rafiq
hmm.... the poll is tied at 27-27 with SL far behind. Should I break the tie, no I better not!

You are always diplomatic. :)

cricketfan
February 8, 2005, 12:18 AM
Does the team winning the poll get some award:embaressed:

sutru
February 8, 2005, 12:21 AM
i donot understand why some of people are still supported pakistan. u know one thing whose people are supported pakistan , they are not bangladeshi . u people all forget what pakistan did in our country. however u people always like [] people , good for u people but bad for us that still u people have bagladesh citizenship. i wish that throw u all people in pakistan then u will understand pakistan. u people are terrible supporter and thinker, you people are look bangaldeshi from out side but in side u people are pakistan. thats why u people support pakis.
i know this is cricket , so with boycatt pakistan , we have other two teams in asia , then why u people hesistate to support them . u people will never change.

Edited on, February 8, 2005, 5:37 AM GMT, by pompous.
Reason: watch your language!

CTazim
February 8, 2005, 12:25 AM
Nepal

Zobair
February 8, 2005, 01:01 AM
What utter tripe?! You need to relax. This much hatred is unhealthy for you. Who are you to judge people's loyalty to their country? You don't decide who should be a citizen of Bangladesh. Being a Bangladeshi is not so cheap and shallow that one will lose it based on whether they support Pakistan or not. Please stop being so judgemental. Its a game, and people are free to support whoever they choose and whatever their reasons, cricketing or otherwise. In any case...your hatred is based on political and historical reasons....stuff which should have little or no bearing for a genuine cricket fan IMO. Can you imagine a world where people chose to be fans based purely on political reasons?! You can't tell people what to think and who to support. Learn to be respectful and tolerant in your views.

Having said that, I am not particularly excited by any of the choices above right now..though I have been impressed with each of those teams at different points in time. I reserve my current enthusiasm for the Tigers ...and have little time or energy left over for following others.

Originally posted by sutru
i donot understand why some of people are still supported pakistan. u know one thing whose people are supported pakistan , they are not bangladeshi . u people all forget what pakistan did in our country. however u people always like [] people , good for u people but bad for us that still u people have bagladesh citizenship. i wish that throw u all people in pakistan then u will understand pakistan. u people are terrible supporter and thinker, you people are look bangaldeshi from out side but in side u people are pakistan. thats why u people support pakis.
i know this is cricket , so with boycatt pakistan , we have other two teams in asia , then why u people hesistate to support them . u people will never change.

howzatt!
February 8, 2005, 01:20 AM

you are taking it wayyyy to seriously. cricket has got nothing to do with our liberation war. a lot of people support pakistan for their style of cricket, not because they are anti bangladeshi or sth like that. moreover, you don't have the right to say who deserves and doesn't deserve bangladeshi citizenship. if u support india, or sri lanka, then they can say u are bangladeshi on the outside but indian or lankan in the inside. its baseless and weak arguement.

i myself don't support pakistan, but thats not because of our liberation war with them, thats because i just don't like them now. but i used to love the way they played cricket in late 80s, early - mid 90's.

Tehsin
February 8, 2005, 01:22 AM
Bangladesh ALL THE WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY !!!!!!
I kind of miss no having much interest in any other team but when Bangladesh plays (and wins) there is nothing like it. Our test status has pretty much spoiled (other) international cricket for me.

howzatt!
February 8, 2005, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by cricketfan

NOW THATS THE POST OF THE THREAD :great:

tiger_man
February 8, 2005, 03:21 AM

sounds like george clemenceau.....but pompous is right....

besides the ones that did all those genocide and killing during the war were mostly from previous generation....they are probably 50 to 60 years old for god's sake....!!!
its like saying "I hate you because your father or grand father destroyed our property, so i will boycott you now"

every nation has its share of good and bad people, so do we.....if people were following your doctroine, then the world would be a quite an ugly place to live in coz countries will never get along because of their centuries old conflict

you might as well boycott england coz they did some pretty horrible things to us too during the imperial era:down::down:

Edited on, February 8, 2005, 9:17 AM GMT, by tiger_man.

tiger_man
February 8, 2005, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by cricketfan

you will get anything you want, just name it:lol::lol::lol:

tiger_man
February 8, 2005, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by pompous

Having said that, I am not particularly excited by any of the choices above right now..though I have been impressed with each of those teams at different points in time. I reserve my current enthusiasm for the Tigers ...and have little time or energy left over for following others.

[/i] [/quote]

yeah...lets focus on bangladesh.....

but the thing is before bangladesh got test status, or even before the sucess of zimb. tour, it was always pakistan that i supported since i was little.....hard to ignore them right now after all those years of being a fan

reverse_swing
February 8, 2005, 09:03 AM
really funny thread. After getting test status this is totally unthinkable for me to support others except BD.

razath
February 8, 2005, 07:49 PM
I don't agree with Pompous or Tiger_man. Politics will always come into play.

If you find lot of Bangladeshi around you have no interest about cricket of Bangladesh but they are got excited with the cricket of Pakistan. They will definitely support Pakistan against Bangladesh, whenever situation comes.

Those Pakistani Bangladeshi supporters are sufficient enough to create hatred about Pakistan among the real fan of Bangladesh cricket. Now Which one is politics? To love our country is politics or to love Pakistan?

Please dont stop anybody from writing. If you dont like it, go to the mirror and ask yourself who am I? Will I support Bangladesh against Pakistan?

WE WONT ADVOCATE FOR ANY COUNTRY BUT BANGLADESH BANGLADESH BANGLDESH:fanflag:

Zobair
February 8, 2005, 08:08 PM
Thats certainly your choice. You can choose to hate any one you wish for whatever your reasons. I dont know any Bangladeshi who actually supports any team when they are playing against Bangladesh. But really, in my world, it is ok if someone chooses to support the opposing team even if I dont like it or don't really understand it. Its his/her free choice. Its just a game with a bat and a ball and shouldn't be a yardstick for proving our patriotism. If it is then we have sadly gotten our priorities wrong. I was shocked and disgusted to read in the news that an pakistani uncle shot his nephew dead because the nephew supported India over Pakistan in a game between them. Its a game its not a matter of life and death. Sadly people lose perspective when they compare a win on the cricket field with the war of independence.

Originally posted by razath

If you find lot of Bangladeshi around you have no interest about cricket of Bangladesh but they are got excited with the cricket of Pakistan. They will definitely support Pakistan against Bangladesh, whenever situation comes.

Those Pakistani Bangladeshi supporters are sufficient enough to create hatred about Pakistan among the real fan of Bangladesh cricket. Now Which one is politics? To love our country is politics or to love Pakistan?

Please dont stop anybody from writing. If you dont like it, go to the mirror and ask yourself who am I? Will I support Bangladesh against Pakistan?

razath
February 8, 2005, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by pompous
Thats certainly your choice. You can choose to hate any one you wish for whatever your reasons. I dont know any Bangladeshi who actually supports any team when they are playing against Bangladesh. But really, in my world, it is ok if someone chooses to support the opposing team even if I dont like it or don't really understand it. Its his/her free choice. Its just a game with a bat and a ball and shouldn't be a yardstick for proving our patriotism. If it is then we have sadly gotten our priorities wrong. I was shocked and disgusted to read in the news that an pakistani uncle shot his nephew dead because the nephew supported India over Pakistan in a game between them. Its a game its not a matter of life and death. Sadly people lose perspective when they compare a win on the cricket field with the war of independence.

If somebody barks against any country like Pakistan, India etc, we should not be bothered. If we bother, it will raise confusion and question. We will only bother and resist if any body shouts against our beloved country - Bangladesh.

Shubho
February 8, 2005, 10:19 PM
I wonder whether those who do support Pakistan support them for purely cricketing reasons (which would be all right, I suppose), or for entirely different ones. I think that those of us who find ourselves supporting Pakistan say for "islamic brotherhood" reasons or "anti-India" reasons need to take a long, hard look at ourselves. In any case, the motivation behind supporting a team is important. Although I myself will never ever in a million years find myself supporting Pakistan, I cannot demand a fellow Bangladeshi to do so too. Nonetheless, a Bangladeshi who supports the Pakistan team for any other reason that cricketing ones, deserves nothing but disdain - IMHO. After all, it then becomes a question of respecting the supreme sacrifice made by countless fellow nationals - and that I will strive never to compromise.

cisco-guy
February 8, 2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Shubho
Nonetheless, a Bangladeshi who supports the Pakistan team for any other reason that cricketing ones, deserves nothing but disdain - IMHO. After all, it then becomes a question of respecting the supreme sacrifice made by countless fellow nationals - and that I will strive never to compromise.

You said my word. Thanks!:up:

AGC
February 8, 2005, 10:52 PM
Well said Shubho. Couldn't agree more.

tiger_man
February 8, 2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by cisco-guy
Nonetheless, a Bangladeshi who supports the Pakistan team for any other reason that cricketing ones, deserves nothing but disdain - IMHO. After all, it then becomes a question of respecting the supreme sacrifice made by countless fellow nationals - and that I will strive never to compromise.

so supporting afridi when he is hitting sixes around the stadium....or supporting shoaib akhter when he is smashing the stumps is showing disrespect to the martyrs??

sorry i cant agree with you.....my respect for martyrs has nothing to do with my respect for my previous favourite team......

afridi, shoaib akhter, youhana, inzamam etc. did not go ahead killing those martyrs....it was the pakistan army who did it not pakistan cricket team!! besides, these two are two different entities

Ehsan
February 8, 2005, 11:37 PM
Man, don't mix sports with war and politics!

alias
February 8, 2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by tiger_man
Originally posted by cisco-guy

so supporting afridi when he is hitting sixes around the stadium....or supporting shoaib akhter when he is smashing the stumps is showing disrespect to the martyrs??

sorry i cant agree with you.....my respect for martyrs has nothing to do with my respect for my previous favourite team......

afridi, shoaib akhter, youhana, inzamam etc. did not go ahead killing those martyrs....it was the pakistan army who did it not pakistan cricket team!! besides, these two are two different entities

Pakistan, Jamaat and Pakistanis has never apologized for the genecide of millions of Bengalis and the raping of thousands of Bengali women.

Doesn't this fact cross your mind when you are cheering for them?

Edited on, February 9, 2005, 4:42 AM GMT, by alias.

Tintin
February 9, 2005, 12:31 AM
Hmmmm.....

We have moved a long way away from the subject of the thread. Shall we leave politics and stick to cricket.

Edited on, February 9, 2005, 5:32 AM GMT, by Tintin.

jabbar
February 9, 2005, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Sham
On principle, I can't support Pakistan. Never could. Yes yes I know, sports and politics shouldn't get mixed up ya di da but thats just the way it is for me. Therefore, I used to support India growing up in all the highly charged indo-pak encounters. But now, I couldn't care less about any of the Asian teams apart from Bangladesh.

Too right mate. Go Tigers :fanflag:

Edited on, February 9, 2005, 5:58 AM GMT, by jabbar.

jabbar
February 9, 2005, 12:57 AM

Have you noticed that the people writing the hate-filled, racist, political tripe, in general, write with poor English ;) These guys are probably FOBs with nothing better to do than sit around telling everyone how much they hate XYZ...

shujan
February 9, 2005, 01:01 AM
So what are you saying?

Bad English implies ignorance
Hate was implied by Bad English

Therefore

Hate implies ignorance.:up:

cricket_pagla-1
February 9, 2005, 02:41 AM
None..........:flag:

ManInBlack
February 9, 2005, 07:52 AM
I used to be a Big Paki fan..but since wasim akram left and inzamam became the captain I dont like them at all. So now one and only team I support is Bangladesh...

bdmoderator
February 9, 2005, 08:21 AM
I support Pakistan in cricket after Bangladesh.

Zephaniah
February 9, 2005, 03:10 PM
I mainly support England and Bangladesh in cricket. I grew up admiring WIndian cricket, so they come next. From rest of the teams I always support underdogs. I never support Australia in any sport. And I don't understand American football.

AGC
February 9, 2005, 03:12 PM
Have you noticed that the people writing the hate-filled, racist, political tripe, in general, write with poor English ;) These guys are probably FOBs with nothing better to do than sit around telling everyone how much they hate XYZ...

Should get the "Official BanglaCricket worst post of the decade" award!

cisco-guy
February 9, 2005, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by AGC

:joy::bravo::bravo::bravo::joy:

Mahir
February 9, 2005, 08:11 PM
oh look look : INDIA's leading now :bravo:

Ehsan
February 9, 2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by ami-razakar
[]

There is no anti-pakistan or anti-india thing in here. Go get a life buddy!

Edited on, February 10, 2005, 2:14 AM GMT, by pompous.
Reason: removed a-r's post!

rana
February 9, 2005, 09:13 PM
INDIA:up:

Galib
February 9, 2005, 09:14 PM
Australia:up::great:

roaring_tiger
February 9, 2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by AGC

:bravo::up::up::up::fanflag:

say
February 9, 2005, 09:39 PM

"here here" :lol: (no pun intended)

tiger_man
February 10, 2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by alias

You said my word. Thanks!:up: [/quote]

afridi, shoaib akhter, youhana, inzamam etc. did not go ahead killing those martyrs....it was the pakistan army who did it not pakistan cricket team!! besides, these two are two different entities [/quote]

Pakistan, Jamaat and Pakistanis has never apologized for the genecide of millions of Bengalis and the raping of thousands of Bengali women.

Doesn't this fact cross your mind when you are cheering for them?

Edited on, February 9, 2005, 4:42 AM GMT, by alias. [/quote]

like i said before....pakistan cricket team DID NOT commit the genocide....most of them werent even born then...so everytime they come to bangladesh on tour, they have to apologise in front of the public???

dont mix government rep. and officials with cricketers....

mixing cricket and politics is like mixing oil with water

tiger_man
February 10, 2005, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by mwrkhan
Guys, back in the eighties support for Pakistan was almost universal in BD. It is understandable that people of our parent's generation may be biased towards Pakisan given that they grew up in that country, but I never understood the support for Pakistan amongst the younger generations.

I have always supported any team playing against Pakistan even if it was England or New Zealand. In fact I am probably the only person in the country who supports England against Australia. When I began to take an active interest in cricket back in the early eighties Australia were not a good side and lost to England quite frequently, culminating in the '86-'87 series in Australia when England last won the ashes.

your support for england, new zealand was of personal nature....

same with me, if any team plays against new zealand or england, i would support them...coz for some reason i can never support NZ....

howzatt!
February 10, 2005, 12:56 AM
UAE

howzatt!
February 10, 2005, 12:56 AM
hong kong

Faisal
February 10, 2005, 05:53 PM
i support srilanka, west indies, southafrica, pakistan, nz, bangladesh, india, actually except australia & england i support all

Mahir
February 10, 2005, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by ehsan
Originally posted by ami-razakar
[]

There is no anti-pakistan or anti-india thing in here. Go get a life buddy!

Edited on, February 10, 2005, 2:14 AM GMT, by pompous.
Reason: removed a-r's post!

Thank you so much! Post deikhai mathay rokto uitha gesilo! :bravo:

tiger_man
February 11, 2005, 04:32 AM
dada ra leading by 35% votes.....:duh::duh::duh::duh:

reinausagi
February 11, 2005, 10:45 AM
Sri lanka. I go there every other summer to visit with freinds and nephews. Very nice people in general, in addition to being quite cricket mad.

Mahmood
February 11, 2005, 11:05 AM
If I have to pick one of these 3.. I don't like Pakistan after Imran Khan's era.. Don't like India for their obnoxious captain... so it has to be Sri Lanka.

GuruTM
December 4, 2005, 12:55 PM
I support the teams through the order listed below:

Bangladesh, Pakistan, England, South Africa, Srilanka, West Indies, New Zealand, Australia.

You may notice that two teams are missing from the list.

[I have posted this one on another thread but could not resist copy+pasting it into this thread.]

Hatebreed
December 4, 2005, 04:51 PM
The first team ever I supported was India (at age 7-8) but as I grew up I grew more and fed up of them.. tbh, I mainly supported them because they helped bd gain independence (that's the honest truth) so in contrary i hated Pakistan.. I remember cheering India when Saeed Anwar was caught at 194 for which I feel ashamed now...

anyway i realised it was not right to mix my viewpoint of the game with our history vs pakistan.. although I felt it was neither right to mix political views with cricket either, I couldn't help getting increasingly frustrated by India's policy and approach towards Bangladesh... at the same time I started to become amazed by Pak's performance so I started supporting them and always have ever since....

well done to pakistan on their recent brilliant performance against england.. it was necessary to break england's arrogance :)

Edited on, December 4, 2005, 9:55 PM GMT, by Hatebreed.

James90
December 4, 2005, 06:22 PM
I'd never seen this thread. Thanks for digging it up.

Sri Lanka.

BagherBachaBD
December 4, 2005, 10:14 PM
i only support Bangladesh , don't give a damn abt anyother team.

i think this post is an useless post.

Hatebreed
December 4, 2005, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by BagherBachaBD
i think this post is an useless post.

Precisely. :)

al Furqaan
December 4, 2005, 11:03 PM
i dont really support any other team. i like the sport of cricket and even if bangaldesh is not playing i will watch it for the love of the game.

growing up minorities (muslims in USA), ever since i was little all my friends had been huge hakeem olajuwon fans. despite not being anywhere near houston, his being a muslim superstar, was enough. shortly afterwards i was won over as well.

now, i follow sports mainly based on if they have a good muslim player. so i like arizona basketball (mustafa shakur), UGA football (mohamad massaqoui), et al.

in world cup soccer, i have always, and still do root for the best muslim country.

all this would seem to indicate that after bangladesh i would support pakistan, and it was the case when i first followed cricket in 1997. today however, after bangladesh i really dont care who wins any matches. i like the sport for the sake of the sport.

that being said, i will support whoever (be it pakistan or not) if a favorable result for them leads to bangladesh climbing the rankings or qualifying for the finals of a world cup, etc.

but i support bangladesh since thats where i am originally from (my parents were born there). and strangely enough, i feel an attachment to the land and people.

Cricket Crazy
January 23, 2006, 04:41 AM
I used to like Pakistan bfore but now i dont. coz they just show of too much. but now i think India following them aswell.

Tigers_eye
January 23, 2006, 09:54 AM
SL no doubt!

nasifkhan
January 23, 2006, 12:36 PM
I support AntiIndia......so guess it....?

rudro
January 23, 2006, 01:04 PM
Support all of these teams when they play any team from among Aus, Eng, NZ, SA, WI - support SL when they play IND or PAK - support PAK when they play IND - suport ZIM (as a minnow) when they play any team other than BD.

reza_15
January 23, 2006, 01:14 PM
Srilanka

cafe_coffee_day
January 23, 2006, 01:26 PM
Now and Forever, Bharat

[Edited on 23-1-2006 by cafe_coffee_day]

Umar
January 23, 2006, 01:42 PM
Pakistan.........Greats !!

akbar1
January 23, 2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by AGC

Ya that's right. I just can't understand why!!!!

I guess some of us just can't let go of our past broghter's West Pakistan!!:mad:

Sauron
January 23, 2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by cafe_coffee_day
Now and Forever, Bharat

The question was - "Which Asian Team Other Than Bangladesh Do You Support???"

So, I guess your answer is that you support BD first. And then India?

If that is not the case, then you realize that this question is for Bangladesh supporters.

Fazal
January 23, 2006, 04:48 PM
Of old there was Sauron the Ukil...

cafe_coffee_day
January 23, 2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Sauron
Now and Forever, Bharat

The question was - "Which Asian Team Other Than Bangladesh Do You Support???"

So, I guess your answer is that you support BD first. And then India?

If that is not the case, then you realize that this question is for Bangladesh supporters.

Dude, the question was which other Asian team other than BD than u support
and its not framed to be in the following order
1) BD
2) India

Or, the other way around.

From my answer , you can infer than I support India now and forever and BD.
As I am replying in this thread, it automatically confirms my support for the BD team.
Do u get it , or still need further explanation?

Fazal
January 23, 2006, 04:55 PM
Do u get it , or still need further explanation?

Sorry I still didn't get it, please continue with your explanation.

I will make vladmamu out of a cup of coffee

rudro
January 23, 2006, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by akbar1
Originally posted by AGC

Ya that's right. I just can't understand why!!!!

I guess some of us just can't let go of our past broghter's West Pakistan!!:mad:

That is quite expected. When I was in BD - studying at DU, It was difficult for me to find a SL supporter around. There were a few India supporters among my friends, but they were always a minority (except those who resided in Jagannath Hall).

Isn't it funny - We couldn't live together but still support them? I guess religion has a big say in it.

cafe_coffee_day
January 23, 2006, 05:02 PM
(except those who resided in Jagannath Hall).

I assume you mean your Hindu friends. In my hometown, the Muslims celebrated everytime whenever Pakistan beat India.

So it is expected.

Nasif
January 23, 2006, 05:12 PM
There should be another option "None"

cafe_coffee_day
January 23, 2006, 05:14 PM

What is your IQ?

:sorry:

Fazal
January 23, 2006, 05:24 PM
What is your IQ?

One more than yours.

cafe_coffee_day
January 23, 2006, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
What is your IQ?

One more than yours.

Cool, then you should be able to comprehend my post.

Fazal
January 23, 2006, 05:33 PM

thats the problem. There is nothing in your post to comprehend.

cafe_coffee_day
January 23, 2006, 05:37 PM

thats the problem. There is nothing in your post to comprehend.

If thats the case, asking for further explanation is useless.
:duh:

Fazal
January 23, 2006, 05:41 PM

True... on on the other hand its not if you understood my last sentence. :lol:

[Edited on 23-1-2006 by Fazal]

cafe_coffee_day
January 23, 2006, 05:42 PM

True... on on the other hand its not if you understood my last sentence. :lol:

What is a vladmamu ?, Sorry but I do not understand Bengali

Fazal
January 23, 2006, 05:48 PM

:lol: vladmamu is a member here. Wlecome to BC. As you stay longer, you will know about the members along with their habbits.

btw I failed to make vladmamu out of a cup of coffee I guess. Your repies are too small and too unvladmamu like.

Sauron
January 23, 2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks to Fazal and Coffee for the fun ... :D

Seriously, I was almost wishing that it went on for a little longer. But neither of you fit VladMamu format.

cafe_coffee_day
January 23, 2006, 06:00 PM

:lol: vladmamu is a member here. Wlecome to BC. As you stay longer, you will know about the members along with their habbits.

btw I failed to make vladmamu out of a cup of coffee I guess. Your repies are too small and too unvladmamu like.

Alright dude, just havin' some fun

akbar1
January 23, 2006, 07:59 PM
I just don't understand why still so many of us support Pakistan. I guess some of us just can't let go of the past!! West Pakistan.

Personally, I am for Sri Lanka.

GuruTM
January 23, 2006, 11:08 PM
Where is tiger_man these days?

Hatebreed
January 23, 2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by akbar1
I just don't understand why still so many of us support Pakistan. I guess some of us just can't let go of the past!! West Pakistan.

Personally, I am for Sri Lanka.

You need to stop whining about you West Pakistan BS.. start expanding your narrow-minded views for a change.. people could like a team for their 'performance' and not necessarily what's their historic relation with the country or the country's state religion :rolleyes:

thebest
January 24, 2006, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by TeamManager
Where is tiger_man these days?

in Anatartica I think. I remember he wrote something about working in antartica.
On the other note where is our Dawah Bhai?

zahid
January 24, 2006, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by tiger_man
funny few people go for pakistan.......looks like i am the only one

Shala rajakar!:fanflag:

Sorry
January 24, 2006, 01:26 PM
who is rajakar? your shala or tiger_man?

rudro
January 24, 2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Hatebreed

You need to stop whining about you West Pakistan BS.. start expanding your narrow-minded views for a change.. people could like a team for their 'performance' and not necessarily what's their historic relation with the country or the country's state religion :rolleyes:
In most cases support comes from the sense of belonging to an entity. Good performance plays a small role unless there is no such sense. We all support BD not because they are performing well for the last 6 years, but because we are Bangladeshis. Here is what I wrote earlier:
Originally posted by Rudro
Support all of these teams when they play any team from among Aus, Eng, NZ, SA, WI - support SL when they play IND or PAK - support PAK when they play IND - suport ZIM (as a minnow) when they play any team other than BD.

[Edited on 1-24-2006 by rudro]

Fazal
January 24, 2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Sorry

Couldn't be. I don't have any shala. I think its your shala, he is talking about.

Sorry
January 24, 2006, 04:05 PM

Couldn't be. I don't have any shala. I think its your shala, he is talking about.

but my shala's name is raja only. where did he get kar extension?

rudro
January 24, 2006, 04:08 PM

but my shala's name is raja only. where did he get kar extension?
Because your shala looks like a "Raja" (King) as well.

zahid
January 25, 2006, 06:45 AM
lol.

Tiger-man er kotha koitasilam.

cricfanz
January 25, 2006, 09:42 AM
thanks to fazal and cafe-coffee-day for lightening the tension here..lol..

India for me...

I couldnt see Pakistan without 99% hatred in my heart till 2004..Even though I was less than 15 years old, I hated Pakistan more than anything else...Because of the War and all..

But the 2004 Ind-Pak tour changed my mindset..Altho I still wont be able to support Pakistan fully without some hatred, its at least 4th on my list..:P..

And before Bangladesh came into the World Cup picture in 1999, I used to support India...and still do, after Bangladesh...:D