PDA

View Full Version : any one here playing REAL cricket?

cricket_pagla
February 7, 2005, 06:48 AM
is there any one in this forum... playing currently in 1st div or retired in from 1st division or above?...

cricket_pagla
February 9, 2005, 08:59 AM
:)
no one ???

akabir77
February 9, 2005, 09:13 AM
Well my brother use to play for old DOHS (with shanto) and Gulshan youth(Arunlal) and he is a member of BC but currently he is visiting home so i guess he didn't saw this thread yet or too busy after all he is visiting after 5 yrs...

opu_87
February 9, 2005, 09:33 AM
i am playing for Durham city cricket club , England:flag:

Faisal
February 9, 2005, 10:32 AM
i used to play kolabagan under 15 team....

babubangla
February 9, 2005, 11:20 AM
I was a registered Umpire at Bangladesh Cricket Board and used to conduct matches.

Edited on, February 9, 2005, 4:20 PM GMT, by babubangla.

Mridul
February 9, 2005, 12:21 PM
My cousin who is also a member of this board played for BD u-13 with Ashraful

Bat-PadTogether
February 9, 2005, 02:28 PM
Playing for the Swedish National Team.Played is the Dhaka league in the early 80.The clubs I played for Azad Boys and Amorjoti Club(A club based in Malibagh/Siddeshwari area.That was a while ago.:fanflag:

left-hander
February 9, 2005, 03:11 PM
I played for Wari and Gulshan Youth when they were in the Premier Division. I have also represented Bangladesh at the U-16 and U-19 level in 1995 and 1998.

Mahir
February 9, 2005, 06:15 PM
does playing high school cricket abroad count ?

sunnyctg
February 10, 2005, 04:53 PM
i played for my school team in school cricket leage based in london. this summer hopefully gonna play in domestic cricket league based in england.

sunny

rafiq
February 10, 2005, 06:03 PM
Well I used to play for Chipa Goli United. And I play for a virtual Banglacricket team in the Simulation league, does that count? Bat&Pad: did you play with Kazim Shirazi at Azad Boys?

jabbar
February 10, 2005, 06:14 PM
I'm not playing first division cricket, bu tplay a fairly high grade club cricket in Victoria, Australia (Nth Balwyn CC)

:)

Blah
February 10, 2005, 07:42 PM
I played in nirman school crikcet, from radient Int. School when I was 16. After that, for the next 2 years I played for many club-level cricket tournament; but none of them where national clubs.

I used to be opening bowler and opening batsmen, something that I was always proud of, and something that my team-mates used to hate a lot. :)

Blah

shovon13
February 10, 2005, 07:44 PM
wow! thats cool man.

lol yeah i used to open the bowling and bat at one down in school cricket too. ahh....miss those days.

chyicarus
February 10, 2005, 08:06 PM
Bhairey bhai- ei thread-e dekhi shob *star* player ra asey!
aamee shei tulunaay kichui pari na! Play tukitaki cricket, 3 Nirman Tournaments, yeah we played against Radiant in 94-95! Played 2 matches in Second Division, played Second Division qualifying, and used to practice with Biman and played a season of Colorado Cricket League, looking forward to this season also- thats all about whats in my cricketing resume looks like! :fanflag:

Mahir
February 10, 2005, 08:07 PM
well... I play in the school cricket league here in Toronto, Canada... this year will be my second season! :)

sadi
February 10, 2005, 08:33 PM
i play in bangladesh cricket league here in new york... this league is quite competative as akram, rupom, sajid played here last yr...

LateCut
February 10, 2005, 09:00 PM
I play in ACC (American Cricket league) in the suburb of Chicago.

tas
February 11, 2005, 12:25 AM
i play for mosman cc in sydney grade cricket. (same club as brett & shane lee, john davison + more)

Rubayed
February 11, 2005, 03:15 AM
What do u mean by REAL cricket bro? What kids play at the street isnt real enough for u;)?

Rubayed
February 11, 2005, 03:16 AM
Jokes apart! u should define the category of your question more precisely so that people wont indulge into sort of a bragging like some of them are doing here now:)

Shaan
February 11, 2005, 03:27 AM
I'm playing here in Finland finnish cricket leage, although its not that much standard leage but at least there are some guys I met here from Pakistan, India, Australia, some of them are really professional and really tough palyers. Even some of them were under 17 camps for a while in national side. One Australian guy demands that he has been playing with Brett lee at the same club, this guy is really tall and ball really fast and bat like hammer, other guy demands as well that he faces couple of time McGraths as his opponents, McGrath did ball. Who knows whether these guys are bluffing.
I did play in 2nd division for a while in sylhet but after sometime playing left the country.

tas
February 11, 2005, 04:50 AM
yep, i kno of the guy you are talking about (playing with brett lee that is, he played for mosman for the last few seasons...)

Shaan
February 11, 2005, 05:01 AM
Oh thats cool man.. so I guess the guy was not lying:-))

arafath79
February 11, 2005, 07:43 AM
I wanna play real cricket!!!!:P

arafath79
February 11, 2005, 07:44 AM
I wanna play in Bangladesh national team!!! :lol:

DotBall
February 11, 2005, 09:52 AM
I play for a team here in Dallas (9 months out of a year). Anybody interested in fun competitive cricket send me an u2u.

sadi
February 11, 2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by DotBall
I play for a team here in Dallas (9 months out of a year). Anybody interested in fun competitive cricket send me an u2u.

really 9 months.....damn...i envy u....we only get to play for 3 months here in new york.... so wat league is it and how does it work..

brikonwall
February 11, 2005, 02:11 PM
I am currently playing for the Washington Bengals Cricket Club (www.washingtonbengals.org) in the greater Washington DC area. There are two leagues in this area and we have two teams participate in two different leagues. In Bangladesh, I played in 1st Division for Kalabagan. I also went to national trial for the US team. Though I performed very good in the practice match, I fall out of favor because three selectors are from India, Pakistan and Carribean.

babubangla
February 11, 2005, 03:43 PM
I play cricket too!!
I'm currently playing at http://www.stickcricket.com/
Very Competitive!!!

gobdgo
February 12, 2005, 11:54 AM
I used to play in MCG (meilbourne cricket ground)...we named it MSG...:) ja chhilo purano boro barir chhad (roof). Kisudur por por ita(brick) diya uchu kora beam er moto.

so called MCG rules:

1. shamner beam e lagle : 1 run
2. Majhkhaner beam e lagle : 2 runs
3. Chhad er boundary te drop kheye lagle: 4 runs
4. Chhad er boundery te uira giya lagle: 6 runs

5. No ambross/pace bowling was allowed.

6. Chhad e 1 drop khaya ball baire gele: half out (so batsman arekbar chance pabe erokom out howar)

7. Ball bat e lege direct chhad er baire porle: Full out
Staircase chhilo silly mead off e so direct stair case e lagle: Full out

Note: Ball rasta'r drain e porle batsman er dayitto chilo ball uthano, dhoya, ebong shukhano.

I really miss those golden days (more than 4 years before Bangladesh won ICC)....so far those days made me a whole hearted cricket fan.:karate:

Gokhra
February 12, 2005, 01:51 PM
Which years did you play for Radiant boss? I used to be an opening batsman for them for 3 years. Played a couple of matches in Second division after that and that was pretty much it.

Originally posted by Blah
I played in nirman school crikcet, from radient Int. School when I was 16. After that, for the next 2 years I played for many club-level cricket tournament; but none of them where national clubs.

I used to be opening bowler and opening batsmen, something that I was always proud of, and something that my team-mates used to hate a lot. :)

Blah

DotBall
February 12, 2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by sadi
Originally posted by DotBall

really 9 months.....damn...i envy u....we only get to play for 3 months here in new york.... so wat league is it and how does it work..

The league is NTCA (North Texas Cricket Association). Checkout www.ntcricket.com
We have 40 over league in 3 divisions with 8 to 10 teams in each div. depending on how many teams register every year.
Then we have 25 over round robin league tournament. This one is fun.
End of year we have ICC (International Cricket Cup ;) ). There are usually 8 team.
Bangladesh
India
Pakistan
Sri Lanka
West Indies
Australian
USA
Rest of the world

Plus there are always some mini tournaments here. There is a exciting Double Wicket tournament that takes place in 1 weekend under flood light. Its a 2 on 2, you can call it a mini version of 20/20.