PDA

View Full Version : Assigning NCL Players - good or bad ?

paco
February 8, 2005, 11:51 AM
BCB has decided to 'assign' players to the divisional teams to ensure competitiveness. Is this a good move ?

Fazal
February 8, 2005, 12:20 PM
BCB believes in "GonoTontro".

mahbubH
February 8, 2005, 12:57 PM
I really don't like this. I just don't understand how a Dhaka player play for Sylhet? He will play for himself. This becomes just another Dhaka league.

crazyisland
February 8, 2005, 02:12 PM
I voted no because I think the team should be made by the local cricket authority not by BCB. For example Sylhet Cricket Board should make the team for Sylhet and Barishal Cricket Board will make the team for Barishal and so on. However if this is temporary system to make the weaker teams more competitive then I think it's OK for now. I would see this as affirmative action for BD cricket.

shujan
February 8, 2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by paco
BCB has decided to 'assign' players to the divisional teams to ensure competitiveness. Is this a good move ?

Detail please! Thanks

Blah
February 8, 2005, 02:39 PM
I don't know if it's a "good" move or a "bad" move untill the end of the tournament.

Last time it was a miserable unbalanced tournament because it said was choosing it's own players. And sometimes the players weren't choosen based on their performance but based on their "connections". We have to wait and see how it works out this year to make any judgement yet. Atleast we know that the strength of the teams are relatively equally balanced.

shaoun
February 8, 2005, 02:48 PM
for this year its a good move but i dont think it should continue next year. we need competitive cricket in our country. barisal doesnt have a competitive team thats why they need players from other division. these players wouldnt get teh chance to play in the league other wise. shylet doesnt have 11 competitive player either. that is why they need players from other division. dhaka and chitagong has a large number of great player who would sit out if they didnt get chance to play for other divisional team. i am very dissapointed to see that shylet division not allowing other players to play for them. i think shylet selection should think about the country before their division. states teams in australia plays players who are origionally from other states too. and they are the best team in the world. i think it is a smart idea of bcb but when we do get a large number of players in our country and for each division then we should change this formet. we may want to allow foreign player in national league too to increase the competition. but if we allow foreign players we may need to creat another team.

mahbubH
February 8, 2005, 03:55 PM
>> states teams in australia plays players who are origionally from other states too

Do they move before Pura cup? I think they have some registration time and the concerned player has to play for a club of the state.

Players move to another state in India too but that also not just before starting Ranji trophy. Our case is unique and I don't think national selectors play role in such way in any other contry.

It is not possible to bring team spirit with varatia players!

bourny3
February 8, 2005, 06:59 PM
It is true Shane Watson who plays for Aussie ODIs. Couldnt get a game for Queensland when he was around 19 or 20. Moved down to Tasmania and got straight into the side. There was no registration time or anything. Now however Watson is back at Queensland.

bourny3
February 8, 2005, 07:00 PM
Oh yeah i voted for Yes, It will make NCL competitive.

Mahir
February 8, 2005, 07:52 PM
I think it should NOT take place, just for the sake of trying to make NCL more competitive. Due to this interfare by the BCB, divisional teams' officials are not being able to choose the talents of their choice. Also, some players arent even getting a chance to play in the League because the board disregarded them. Shahriar Hossain, one of the most talented opening batsman that Bangladesh has ever had, is a glaring example of such neglegency.

It would have been more appropriate if BCB equally divided the players from the National team in different divisional teams, and allow the teams' officials to select the rest of the players.

sadi
February 8, 2005, 08:29 PM
The divison should have the rights to choose their own players.... maybe one divison can play upto three players outside their divison in a game... there should be a rule like that.... but in the end its the team which should decide which player is going to play for their team...