PDA

View Full Version : Which School are the Players from?

rockpundit
February 9, 2005, 01:31 AM
I think this question is a bit shallow but I was just curious about which schools these players studied in. If anyone knows just type it in..

Rubayed
February 9, 2005, 01:36 AM
Nafees Iqbal is from Dhanmondi International school

Rubayed
February 9, 2005, 01:37 AM
I also think Khaled Mahmud went to Shiddeswari High school (not sure though)

Ahmed_B
February 9, 2005, 04:22 AM
Microscopic curiosity about the celebrities?! ;)

Faceoff
February 9, 2005, 09:30 AM
Aftab went to chittagong govt. high school. I remember he played for our nirman school team when he was in 6th grade.

mwrkhan
February 9, 2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Rubayed

That makes him a fellow alumnus as I did my A'levels there (1988-89). Any players in the offing from Scholastica? I was in the team but had just left the year before they started to play Nirman. In fact my younger brother opened the batting for Scholastica and faced the first ball bowled against the school when they entered the Nirman schools tournament the year after I left.

Nasif
February 9, 2005, 04:24 PM

Did my 3rd grade to 5th grade there :)

AsifTheManRahman
February 9, 2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by mwrkhan

That makes him a fellow alumnus as I did my A'levels there (1988-89). Any players in the offing from Scholastica? I was in the team but had just left the year before they started to play Nirman. In fact my younger brother opened the batting for Scholastica and faced the first ball bowled against the school when they entered the Nirman schools tournament the year after I left.

who's your younger brother?

there used to be a time when 5 out of 11 U-19's were Scholasticans.

i, however, played at a time when the downfall of scholastica had already started - way after the end of that era where all Scholastican Nirman players had Australian passports.

AsifTheManRahman
February 9, 2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by nasif

Did my 3rd grade to 5th grade there :)

i thought nafis was from ctg...

btw mehrab is from wills little flower.

AsifTheManRahman
February 9, 2005, 04:40 PM
btw mwr did your brother play under sarwar imran? man that guy was around for a long time until he became a national coach and had to leave.

mwrkhan
February 9, 2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
btw mwr did your brother play under sarwar imran? man that guy was around for a long time until he became a national coach and had to leave.

No. He left Scholastica in 1988 after finishing his O'levels. 1987 was the year Scholastica played their first Nirman game. He is now a barrister with his own practice in Dhaka.

AsifTheManRahman
February 9, 2005, 04:56 PM
what was his name?

AsifTheManRahman
February 9, 2005, 04:56 PM
was maher murshed the captain at that time?

mwrkhan
February 9, 2005, 05:00 PM
Maher was junior to my brother I think. His name was Mustafiz.

Mahir
February 9, 2005, 05:52 PM
besides Mehrab, is there any one else from Wills Little Flower ? I did upto Grade 6 there before leaving BD 4 years ago...

sujon
February 9, 2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
besides Mehrab, is there any one else from Wills Little Flower ? I did upto Grade 6 there before leaving BD 4 years ago...

yeah..sujon is from wills little. not from sidheswary school.

couger
February 9, 2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by rockpundit
I think this question is a bit shallow but I was just curious about which schools these players studied in. If anyone knows just type it in..

Aren't most of the younger guys from BKSP?

Flip Master Mick
February 9, 2005, 09:07 PM
was maher murshed the captain at that time?

heard maher has his own credit card company now... :wow:

Flip Master Mick
February 9, 2005, 09:09 PM
btw people... did anybody ever see or heard of a player named Zahid Achcha? he played for Maple Leaf as well as Eskaton Shabuj Sangha during the early 90s... he was by far the fastest bowler i had seen in the dhaka circuit during that time period...

Rubayed
February 10, 2005, 12:19 AM
I also went to Maple Leaf/Dhanmondi International from Playgroup till grade 3, so i spent almost 8 years of my life there!

Go_Bangladesh
February 10, 2005, 12:33 AM
Nafis went maple leaf in ctg, that is why he knows english soooo well, he knows proper english

cricket_pagla
February 10, 2005, 04:43 AM
:bravo:

jani na... ai topic haray jabe naki... jokhon BD tader purana form r fira jabe....:duck:

Rubayed
February 10, 2005, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Go_Bangladesh
Nafis went maple leaf in ctg, that is why he knows english soooo well, he knows proper english

Nafis didnt go to Maple leaf in Chittagong, he was living in Dhaka with his uncle while studying at Dhanmondi International in DHaka.

Pundit
February 10, 2005, 12:04 PM
I was at Maple Leaf - A'Level Science between '89 - 91'

The only reason I say this is because in 3 more years I will be playing for BD and hence I am answering your question from before hand.

BTW, I thought you could play for Nirman only if you were a 8,9,10th grader ?

I've seen some 7th graders, but never a 6th grader. Unless ofcourse this person consistantly failed at school.

That might not be the case here though.

AsifTheManRahman
February 10, 2005, 12:06 PM
i've seen 5th graders, and they were not failures.

Faceoff
February 10, 2005, 12:48 PM
i dont think they cared abt the grades. Aftab's big brother arif was a good player as he was one of our top batsman. So it was easy for aftab to get into the team at such young age.

Pundit
February 10, 2005, 01:10 PM
i've seen 5th graders, and they were not failures.

As players or students ?

i dont think they cared abt the grades. Aftab's big brother arif was a good player as he was one of our top batsman. So it was easy for aftab to get into the team at such young age.

Grades - no, but failing a whole class twice in a row such that you become big brother in the same class.

But I'm talking about the Nirman in the 80s, so rules may have changed.

English medium schools have folks in their 5th grade with an age of 15 + -----> folks who make that late and painful transition from Bangla ---> English medium.

Rubayed
February 10, 2005, 01:26 PM
I dont know what r u talking about Pundit but when i played in late 90s,,i have seen kids from 5th or 6th grade playing nirman and yes! i'm talking about bengali medium and really young and talented kids who never failed.

Faceoff
February 10, 2005, 01:32 PM
Aftab actually transferred to our school as a 6th grader and his brother was in either 9th or 10th grade.

Edited on, February 10, 2005, 6:32 PM GMT, by faceoff.