PDA

View Full Version : NL Day 2

RazabQ
February 9, 2005, 02:56 PM
Well the scorecards are up on cricindo:

Dhaka vs Sylhel (http://plus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/BDESH_LOCAL/NCL/SCORECARDS/DHAKA_SYLHET_NCL_08-11FEB2005.html)
Khulna vs Barishal (http://plus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/BDESH_LOCAL/NCL/SCORECARDS/KHULNA_BARISAL_NCL_08-11FEB2005.html)
Rajshahi vs Chittagong (http://plus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/BDESH_LOCAL/NCL/SCORECARDS/RJSHI_CHTGNG_NCL_08-11FEB2005.html)

Random Observations
<li>Seems most of the matches are fairly low scoring with very few batsmen getting into big scores. Is that a fucntion of the "green top" pitches or our batsmens' lack of first-class match temperament (i.e. are they still in Premier League mode).
</li><li>Also, on the 2nd day, none of the National Team players did anything major batting wise 'cept for chacha.
</li><li>Kapali, Ashraful underbowled. Masree looking good.
</li><li>Disappointed by Ehsanul Haque, encouraged by Faisal Hossain.
</li><li>Nice to see Rana bat in the top 5 - he faced 41 balls too.
</li><li>Who's Golam Rahman? BTW is there some sort of secret "golam" quota to be maintained for Sylhet division? Three of 'em with the same 1st name?:)
</li></ul>

mahbubH
February 9, 2005, 03:22 PM
>>> Who's Golam Rahman? BTW is there some sort of secret "golam" quota to be maintained for Sylhet division? Three of 'em with the same 1st name?

Three brothers...

Carte Blanche
February 9, 2005, 03:44 PM
Hmm, the highest opening partnership in all 7 innings is 42. Most openers got out rather cheaply.

allrounder
February 9, 2005, 04:23 PM
this brings out the true picture of Bangladesh's ability of producing test players. Very disappointing performace.

AsifTheManRahman
February 9, 2005, 04:41 PM
looking forward to a double from golam tomorrow

Zunaid
February 9, 2005, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by allrounder
this brings out the true picture of Bangladesh's ability of producing test players. Very disappointing performace.

Allunder/Allrounder, let's not get pessimistic too fast :)

We have not had the proper first-class infrastructure. They are all tuned to play one dayers. With more and more first class game, they will learn. Let not the first set of matches fill us with doom and gloom.

Sham
February 9, 2005, 10:02 PM
I think the national league will get exciting in the second half. The first five matches will be dull for the lack of players as the A side is already on tour and the players selected for the BCB XI side will at best play one more match before going off to India. However, the A team players return after the last ODI against Zim A which is on the 12th of March, and even if the BCB XI get to the finals of Duleep, that also ends on the 12th of March. So the last five games (return leg) of the league, starting from the 20th of March will see every side playing their best teams and the quality of cricket should be quite good!

shaoun
February 9, 2005, 10:33 PM
i think this will be a good league. dissapointed to see how chitagong is playing because that is the team i am supporting. but i am sure they will boune back. i want to know what happened to anisul hakim. he was an opening batsman of chitagong division last year. i did not see him. he was a good player i am sure he didnt retire because he was only in his late 20's. does anyone know if he is playing this year?

bourny3
February 10, 2005, 01:36 AM
Yep the good players are abroad playing for BD other sides. It will be good by the time they come back.

Tintin
February 10, 2005, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by Carte Blanche
Hmm, the highest opening partnership in all 7 innings is 42. Most openers got out rather cheaply.

It may be the sign that some great opening bowlers are coming up ;)