PDA

View Full Version : Here comes Twenty20- Future of ODI??

cisco-guy
February 9, 2005, 10:19 PM
Twenty20 will be a baseball-style slog-fest for 3 hrs or so.

New Zealand will stage the first Twenty20 international against Australia in Auckland on February 17, while England and Australia will clash during the 2005 Ashes series.

"...Suddenly, One-Day Internationals find themselves sandwiched between real cricket and mad cricket. Some question their very future.....If 50-over matches are junk food, then the 20-over blitz offers an action-packed snack..." - Reuters

bourny3
February 10, 2005, 01:33 AM
Yep i think and hope Twenty20 takes over ODIs. Because from the overs 15-40 in ODIs it is very boring. Then it goes back to slogfest. I want slogging. I am a bowler and i feel for the bowlers but it is entertaining.

Spitfire_x86
February 10, 2005, 08:10 AM
20-20 is a retarded version of cricket.

cisco-guy
February 10, 2005, 09:54 AM
20-20 over matches would likely go to pull in the crowds. I just hope that this new form of the game is not to the detriment of Test and first class matches. Call me old-fashioned, I love the longer version of the game, that's the real stuff to me. Two innings, to win you need an attack that can take 20 wickets. It requires skill and tactics. The one day concept, and now this twenty20 format takes away the scheme of bowling and captaincy, it's all just about not conceding runs and hope the batsmen get them out going for a wild slog.

Spitfire_x86
February 10, 2005, 12:35 PM
I also prefer Test over ODI. Nowdays, Tests are more enjoyable than ODI.

battye
February 10, 2005, 07:47 PM
I agree with everything Spitfire has said

bourny3
February 11, 2005, 01:24 AM
Oh easily tests are better than ODIs and now twenty20. But i would have to say that Twenty20 is better than ODIs. Thats all im saying. I love the tests no doubt about that.

battye
February 12, 2005, 01:50 AM
Twenty20 can be very good for Domestic cricket, no doubt. I don't want to see it played internationally (besides Tour Matches) though.

Internation Tip and Run? No way :rolleyes: