PDA

View Full Version : are bangladesh a better test team then west indies

cricman
February 9, 2005, 10:29 PM
if bangladesh played against the W.indies in a test match what would be the result

Rubayed
February 9, 2005, 10:36 PM
It depends where will they be playing the test series and how many tests will they be playing! I would guess that if they play a 3 test series in Bd then they can possibly draw the test series at best.

Arnab
February 9, 2005, 10:44 PM
No.

Sham
February 9, 2005, 10:51 PM
Bangladesh won't beat West Indies. Lets be realistic here! We proved that we are better than this Zimbabwe side and that also took some effort. I am not being pessimistic here. Bangladesh cricket is definitely on the up and we showed good character in both the Test and ODI series against Zimbabwe. That more than anything is heartening. However, to now start comparing us to West Indies is a bit much. We did draw a test against them last year and that was a fantastic performance, but West Indies came back and played the way they can in the second game. I think if we play our best cricket, we can be competitive against the Windies, but we are not a better side! They are still quite a bit better than us, atleast for as long as they have Lara!

Edited on, February 10, 2005, 3:51 AM GMT, by Sham.

reverse_swing
February 9, 2005, 10:58 PM
are bangladesh a better test team then west indies

Nop.This idea is preposterous.

Edited on, February 10, 2005, 3:59 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.

shujan
February 10, 2005, 01:17 AM
Now Bangladesh is competitive at best with West Indies. Brian Lara will retire soon may be within 2 to 3 years. Bangladesh has to wait till then.

howzatt!
February 10, 2005, 01:28 AM
Bangladesh did give some headache to west indies last year, but couldn't win a single test or ODI. it all comes down to winning. until we can beat West Indies atleast several times, there is no way BD could be considered better than west indies.

bourny3
February 10, 2005, 01:45 AM
Loss and no they are not.

cricketfan
February 10, 2005, 01:54 AM
West Indies have 73 points in the ICC table where as BD has just 6 points. The points are an accurate reflection of the fact that BD is not yet in the same league as west Indies.

Edited on, February 10, 2005, 7:17 AM GMT, by cricketfan.

shujan
February 10, 2005, 03:37 AM
Points are average of 3 year. So it actually doesn't reflect the present condition. We have seen huge swing in Indian rating after the last year was droped.

Bangladesh is better then 6 in test.

Edited on, February 10, 2005, 8:38 AM GMT, by shujan.

Ahmed_B
February 10, 2005, 03:56 AM
why suddenly compare with WI ?!:-/

Speculations or Ranking tables r more or less useless for comparing.. only on-field encounter can giv some idea.

tiger_man
February 10, 2005, 05:34 AM
dude are you crazy...??

beating west indies is not a joke....maybe we have the ability to win one or two ODI against them like we did against india, pakistan but in most cases WI will win

Mr-khan
February 10, 2005, 05:45 AM
No

shujan
February 10, 2005, 06:39 AM
When Bangladesh played WI. Mortaza was injured. We did draw with WI without Mortaza. In addition we have Nafees and Aftab who didn't play in West Indies. Our MOS Enamul also didn't play. WI is vulnerable to quality spin. I have reason to be confident that we can beat WI with this new team.:up:

Hasib
February 10, 2005, 08:13 AM
Bangladesh isn't a better team then WI... but on a lucky day we shud be able to win... (we almost did in our last tour...almost)

allrounder
February 10, 2005, 09:41 AM
this kind of thread is a waste of server disk space.

rafiq
February 10, 2005, 11:16 AM
why does the poll answer say "win-lose-draw" when the answers should be "yes - no - no and I'm nuts"

AsifTheManRahman
February 10, 2005, 11:35 AM
useless thread

shovon13
February 10, 2005, 07:43 PM
lol

well this thread is a little too early. but we'll definitely be better than windies soon enough, given the decline in popularity of cricket in there. and also our young players are more promising than ever.

shaheen
February 10, 2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
useless thread

Completely agree:E

cricket_pagla
February 11, 2005, 04:37 AM
.oops:
sorry to say bro... BD Team is good but not good enough. If WI drop their key players like Lara, Chanderpaul, Hinds, Sarwan... then we'll have a very good chance against them... like we did against Zimbabwe team.

shujan
February 11, 2005, 06:29 AM
People are so scared! Whats wrong with the bengalis? Come on!!:fire:

shujan
February 11, 2005, 06:44 AM
Lets break down the question Can Bangladesh beat West Indies in several smaller questions.

1) Can Bangladesh bat 4 or 5 sessions against West Indies in the first inning?
2) Can Bangladesh bowlers restrict WI first inning batting to 3 sessions?
3) Can Bangladesh sustain 3 session in second inning?
4) Can Bangladesh limit WI second innings in 3 sessions?

If you have Answered 4 yes Bangladesh will win.
If you have answered 3 yes Bangladesh might win but draw would be for sure.
If you answered 2 yes 2 no then Bangladesh might draw or loose.

Edited on, February 11, 2005, 11:45 AM GMT, by shujan.

offcutter
February 11, 2005, 10:18 AM
I would give the edge to WI. Mind you, only an edge. I think in condusive conditions BD can beat WI. But with their experience and a couple of batsmen who can win singlehandedly, I would put them slightly ahead of BD.

bdmoderator
February 14, 2005, 05:32 AM
At present Bangladesh is not a better team than West Indies. Abd I think Bangladesh will loose. This is my answer.