PDA

View Full Version : Flintoff doubtfull against Bangladesh test

shujan
February 10, 2005, 01:02 AM
Andrew Flintoff is determined to be fit and firing for the Ashes after having an operation to remove a bone spur in his left ankle. Flintoff missed the current one-day series against South Africa to have the surgery, but he expected to be ready for his first Test against Australia.

"I'll get fit for the Ashes," he told AFP. "It's something I'm really looking forward to."

Flintoff, who was on crutches watching his horse Flintoff run second at Carlisle in north-west England, required cortisone injections to finish the history-making Test series against South Africa and is faced with a four-month recovery. "I've never played a Test match against Australia, although I've played in two or three one-day internationals," he said. "I think my rehab is three or four months, and we don't start until the end of July - so I've got plenty of time."

more (http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/FEB/179775_ENG_10FEB2005.html)

nasifkhan
February 10, 2005, 01:06 AM
cool...beta beshi jamela kore.....na khellei bhalo....

bourny3
February 10, 2005, 01:38 AM
This is good news. he is in good form

cricket_pagla
February 10, 2005, 04:36 AM
:great::great:
jodio se valo form e silo.. tarporo se thiki "0" run koira out hoito... aar bowling korte aisa sudhu boundry dito...
:fanflag:

Ahmed_B
February 10, 2005, 04:43 AM
shujan: "Flintoff doubtfull in tests against Bangladesh" sounds more appropriate for the thread.
your thread-title somewhat means :"Flintoff has doubts about Bangladesh's tests/standards" :D

About the News: I would rather like to have flintoff in the ENG squad.. that would be good test for our team and I would enjoy Aftab-vs.-Flintoff duet!
And afterwards they wouldnt get scopes fo say :" well we dint have flintoff in our team... so it was our 2nd grade team!" ;)

Spitfire_x86
February 10, 2005, 08:37 AM
Of course Flintoff-less England is far away from their 1st grade standard. Having Flintoff makes them a 12 player team instead of 11 player team.

If Flintoff played in the ODI series against SA, then England could have bagged the series by now.

opu_87
February 10, 2005, 11:12 AM
guys flintoff is very good bowler and very good batsman he killed west indies i have seen him batting he were htting sixes and fours everywhere and when england needed wicket he break throw even harmison and giles couldent take wicked he is very good player..oops:

little_master
February 10, 2005, 11:15 AM
Good news!
But I would rather want to see in squad....
Playing against him will be a good experience of our tigers!
and Aftab and Rafique may shut him down....

sham1980
February 10, 2005, 12:44 PM
he is an excellent player, lets not think negative lets be up against teh best and learn.. So its shame he aint playing

Faisal
February 10, 2005, 01:56 PM
lo.. england & bd seris can be cancle.. read cricinfo.. and u guys tlaking about flintoff.. lol

cric_crac
February 10, 2005, 02:35 PM
Hopefully not, Because it is fixed many days ago. If any new suggestions comes in that executive meeting it will not effect this series at all. it will considered later , I think

BangladeshFan
February 10, 2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Faisal
lo.. england & bd seris can be cancle.. read cricinfo.. and u guys tlaking about flintoff.. lol

england series is on may, icc meeting on june, so england series will definitely go through.

after bd won the series in england , icc will permanently shut up:umm:

AsifTheManRahman
February 10, 2005, 02:37 PM
na khelle bhalo na.

karon --> amra jodi jiti tahole bolbe second string team ke haraisi

jodi hari tahole bolbe flintoff na thaktei ei obostha...eder diye ki test khela hobe?

Faisal
February 10, 2005, 03:09 PM
haha dream on... bd will beat england?? lol only can happen if england player sleep in the field then

Fazal
February 10, 2005, 03:24 PM
haha dream on... bd will beat england?? lol only can happen if england player sleep in the field then

You never know. People find weird ways to take an nap.
http://img40.exs.cx/img40/4182/sleeping1.th.jpg (http://img40.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img40&image=sleeping1.jpg)

nihi
February 10, 2005, 04:13 PM
lol... and this dude looks a lot like freddie too

Ahmed_B
February 10, 2005, 04:35 PM
By the way... incase u dont know yet: BD's test load has already been reduced and the BD-ENG and BD-SL series in 2005 are included in the 'Reduced' schedule..

find and read discussions about it in "BD's test-load reduced by ICC" thread in this forum.

shovon13
February 10, 2005, 07:35 PM
HAHAHA...cool picture!

arafath79
February 11, 2005, 07:49 AM
Personally I want to see Flintoff is playing against Bd! He is a fantastic allrounder. Bd players will learn some thing to play against his quality bowling.:up:

Ahmed_B
February 11, 2005, 09:30 AM
:flag:Best thing about Current BD side: They don't look to be afraid to play anyone in any top side! <Now thats a huge achievement!!

I would rather want Flintoff playing, even though he has been the prime destroyer in the last BD-ENG series..

Coz the will be a good determining factor of how much we have improved over the monthes.

offcutter
February 11, 2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Spitfire_x86
Of course Flintoff-less England is far away from their 1st grade standard. Having Flintoff makes them a 12 player team instead of 11 player team.

If Flintoff played in the ODI series against SA, then England could have bagged the series by now.

I agree. He's the chief destroyer fror England. But the England Team and the English Media have a tendency to praise their mediocrity. And when they actually find genuine allrounder they get carried away. So I think Flintoff's absence has put England in a psycological rut against South Africa. Lets hope the same happens against BD.

Sorry
February 11, 2005, 11:08 AM
england might miss flintoff against australia but i don't think they will miss against bd as they have other quality bowlers and batsmen likes off kabir ali, wharf, hoggard and newly found batsmen pieterson. bd better have a look at him now and plan something for him.

battye
February 12, 2005, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Fazal

You never know. People find weird ways to take an nap.
http://img40.exs.cx/img40/4182/sleeping1.th.jpg (http://img40.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img40&image=sleeping1.jpg)

:D :great:

bdmoderator
February 12, 2005, 03:21 AM
:great::fire::joy::fire::great: