February 10, 2005, 01:47 AM
Check out his average in ODIs so far.

ONE-DAY INTERNATIONALS
(including 09/02/2005)
M I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St
9 8 5 442 108* 147.33 99.54 2 2 6 0

bourny3
February 10, 2005, 01:47 AM
He is on fire at the moment he has played against Zimbabwe and South Africa so far.

cricketfan
February 10, 2005, 03:03 AM
Even if the ball is pitched one foot outside the off stump, he can play it on the leg side only. May be he has some more strokes which he will reveal in the longer version of the game. As of now, he looks like just an onside player. But what a start to his ODI career.

Fazal
February 10, 2005, 02:59 PM
After reading an article about Kevin Pieterson, I don't care much about him. I hope he just vanishes in years to come.

Beamer
February 10, 2005, 03:35 PM
He is awsome. Pure hitter. Its scary to think that Peterson and Flintoff will follow each other in the English ODI lineup..

How about this Justin kemp? Just the other day I was lamenting the down spiral of the proteas. It seems like a few wins can do wonders for your psyche. Smith is back in form. kallis is there. Gibbs is thriving at no4. Now you add Justin Kemp to that mix and you have a pretty explosive batting line up. If, AB Devillers click at the top, they can very very dangerous.

Spitfire_x86
February 10, 2005, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
After reading an article about Kevin Pieterson, I don't care much about him. I hope he just vanishes in years to come.
Which article?

Faceoff
February 10, 2005, 04:09 PM
Anyone has any link for the last eng vs sa odi highlights?

Arnab
February 10, 2005, 05:04 PM
Pieterson's start to his ODI career is probably the best by any ODI player.

Pietersen's smashing start (written before his last ODI century)

There was plenty of hype surrounding Kevin Pietersen's debut in international cricket, and so far in his brief performance on the big stage, he has lived up to every bit of it. His first half-century came in only his second game, and then, in his sixth, he slammed a coruscating 108 off just 96 balls, braving the South African attack and a less-than-endearing crowd. Pietersen's ODI record after six games is a daunting one an average of 234, and a strike rate of 92.5. Even better, the only way to get him out, it would seem, is to nail him on nought once he gets off the mark, he doesn't get out.

Pietersen's start in ODIs in terms of averages at least is the best by any batsman. His average aided, admittedly, by not-outs is well clear of Michael Clarke, the only other batsman with a 100-plus average after five games. The player who currently leads the way after ten matches is also a player of South African origin who ended up playing for England. The way Pietersen's going, Allan Lamb might soon have to shift to second place.

cricketfan
February 11, 2005, 01:04 AM
Justin Kemp seems to have many strokes in his arsenal unlike Pietersen. I feel that Kemp will be a star in future. As far as Pietersen is concerned,it will be interesting to see how he fares against top quality spinners, and also against the pacers of other countries.

bourny3
February 11, 2005, 01:29 AM
Yeah which article Fazal.

Arnab
February 13, 2005, 09:37 PM
Apparently, Pieterson has hit yet another century, his third in five matches.

<pre>
M I NO Runs HS Ave SR 100 50 Ct St
Batting & Fielding 11 9 5 558 116 139.50 100.72 3 2 6 0
</pre>

This will also put him above Alan Lamb as the player who scored the most runs in his first ten ODI innings. Lamb scored 577 runs at 72.13.

Edited on, February 14, 2005, 2:41 AM GMT, by Arnab.

Mr-khan
February 14, 2005, 04:44 AM
He can retire now. ;)

bdmoderator
February 14, 2005, 05:16 AM
I thing he will be a great player.

chyicarus
February 14, 2005, 01:53 PM
i don't know if he's going to be a memorable player or not; i doubt that simply becoz we haven't seen much writing about him other than the english press and as "crickethorizon" mentioned that he's a predominantly leg side player, i doubt he'll do any good in Tests.
But its good to see such entertainment in the ODI's- but know this- he played all these SA bowlers on a regular basis in Club cricket; so i'll be cautious to wait and see if he can consistently perform as well as he did against other teams!

Darkwarrior
February 16, 2005, 07:02 PM
Kevin has indeed made a great start to his international career