PDA

View Full Version : Footballer Munna no more

guy_zin
February 12, 2005, 03:19 AM
The last celebrated soccer icon in Bangladesh Munem Munna
passed away this morning(Inna lillahi wa inna Ilaihe Rajeown).

Allah take Jannat bashi koruk.

rafiq
February 12, 2005, 03:35 AM
that is really sad! the guy was so young - lack of even basic medical know- how strikes again. Condolences to his family and may his soul rest in peace

cricket_pagla
February 12, 2005, 03:35 AM
Yes... He was a Great Player...
but is this appropiate place to put this topic here?:info:

mahbubH
February 12, 2005, 03:36 AM
Very sad news .. great sportsman.

tutul
February 12, 2005, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by cricket_pagla
but is this appropiate place to put this topic here?
Perhaps it was not appropriate place to put this topic here. But some cricket fan like us has a broader heart, where we save some feelings for our other sports and other great players. I would rather like to thank Mr. GUY_ZIN for posting this topic here.

I remember Munna, Sabbir, Aslam, Kaishar Hamid, and many others used to rock today’s BNS. Munem Munna was a great player. It is so sad to know one of the mega-star passed away on his young age. My Condolences to his family, may Allah bless him Jannat.

Mr-khan
February 12, 2005, 05:40 AM
Sad news.I m one of his fan. :(

guy_zin
February 12, 2005, 05:44 AM

seems u r most perfectly named cricket_pagla......

u could make a suggestion to habibul bashar about the appropriateness & that as a cricketer he shouldnt visit the ailing Munna a few days ago.

surely Munna doesnt need a sermon like Yes... He was a Great Player... from u.

though, HE is just above of all our pitiful narrowness now.

vindeshi
February 12, 2005, 06:49 AM
Really painful news for all the Bangladeshi sport fans. We have lost one of our football icon, so lets pray for his eternal life should rest in peace.

Spitfire_x86
February 12, 2005, 07:30 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna Ilaihe Rajeown.

:( :( :(

Warlock
February 12, 2005, 09:21 AM
It is a great loss. May Allah rest his soul in heaven.
He will be always remebered by the BD fans (soccer/ cricket fans alike).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One request, please forgive cricket_pagla. I don't think he meant anything bad by his comment.

cracky
February 12, 2005, 10:28 AM
Innahlillahe wa inna ilaihe rajiun.
May Allah rest his oul in heaven.
Its really a very sad news. He was my most favorite soccer player in country.

rana
February 12, 2005, 10:45 AM
Inna lillahi wa inna Ilaihe Rajeown. very sad news he was our greatest player in bangladesh,

Zobair
February 12, 2005, 10:57 AM
Inna lillah wa inna ilaihe rajeoun. May All give his family strength and faith to get through this difficult time.

reverse_swing
February 12, 2005, 11:01 AM
Inna lillah wa inna ilaihe rajeoun. May God gives the strength to his family to endure the hardship they are going through now.

gravitY
February 12, 2005, 11:06 AM
i felt so bad as i woke up this morning and read the thread. i was following his story for last few days. he died such young age. "May allah allow him to enter Jannah"

Rubu
February 12, 2005, 11:08 AM
:(

gobdgo
February 12, 2005, 11:20 AM
if we can talk about fundamentalism why not about the great munna?

couger
February 12, 2005, 01:38 PM
Me heart goes out to his family. May he find contentment wherever he's going.

Fellow BC members, there's a time to grieve and time to do other things. Let us pay proper respect to Munna and not argue about the appropriateness of this post being here. Let us all join hands and Munna may just look at us and smile.

Goodbye my friend. Godspeed.

Bat-PadTogether
February 12, 2005, 04:44 PM
So sad and sorry!!!

Faisal
February 12, 2005, 04:57 PM
very sad news..!!!

nasimul
February 12, 2005, 05:31 PM
He was really one of the best player of our tiny footboll history. May Allah bless his soul.

Kana-Baba
February 12, 2005, 06:42 PM
My most fav. fooballer of all time were Munna and Sabbir. One is gone and the other one selling coffee at a restaurent in NY. So sad; we can not support our natioanl heros!

Rubayed
February 12, 2005, 07:26 PM
Inna lillah wa inna ilaihe rajeoun, it is a very sad news indeed! he was quite young! Man its sad!

babubangla
February 12, 2005, 08:14 PM
Very Sad!! We all had the fear of this news over the last couple of weeks, but still I feel like none of us were ready for this news at all. We all were expecting for a miracle for him. But luck did not favor us with this miracle we all wanted.

Munna played for East Bengal Club in Kolkata for couple of years.
It was good to see East Bengal Club posted condolence on their home page: http://eastbengal.sports-india.com/ and also devoted a specail page in his memory: http://eastbengal.sports-india.com/munna.htm

babubangla
February 12, 2005, 08:26 PM

Yes..if we consider the rules and guidelines, this may not be appropriate place for this. But when pleople's feeling is so moved by this loss and when this person occupies that much space in so many people's heart....his memory at least deserves this exception...don't you agree??

Going-by-the-book VS. Going-by-people's will: which path do you want to take?

PoorFan
February 12, 2005, 09:35 PM
My most fav. fooballer of all time were Munna and Sabbir. One is gone and the other one selling coffee at a restaurent in NY. So sad; we can not support our natioanl heros!
I was never be bale to watch them play except once, while they play against Japan
in Tokyo for world cup qualifying round 1994. It was a huge shock for me when
they lost to Japan for 8-0 in that game. Now its another shock,
one of them died for lack of treatment?!
and another is working in a restaurant in NY for living?! Simply so sad.

Edited on, February 13, 2005, 2:36 AM GMT, by PoorFan.

babon
February 13, 2005, 02:01 AM
Munna was beloved in calcutta too. he was one of the few bangladeshi players (only?) to be loved by ppl from outside bangladesh.

http://eastbengal.sports-india.com/munna.htm

we'll miss you Munna bhai.

couger
February 13, 2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by babubangla

Yes..if we consider the rules and guidelines, this may not be appropriate place for this. But when pleople's feeling is so moved by this loss and when this person occupies that much space in so many people's heart....his memory at least deserves this exception...don't you agree??

Going-by-the-book VS. Going-by-people's will: which path do you want to take?

Well said, and thank you.

cricket_pagla
February 13, 2005, 11:41 AM
so sorry guyz...:o

BangladeshFan
February 13, 2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by guy_zin
The last celebrated soccer icon in Bangladesh Munem Munna
passed away this morning(Inna lillahi wa inna Ilaihe Rajeown).

munna was among the last great footballers from bangladesh. for quite a few years i think he was considered the best defender in all subcontinent. sabbir was another one, who was once called best player in asia by iranian coach hejaji. bd soccer has sunk and we have no great players anymore. nostalgia makes me think bd should have kept playing soccer after all bengalis are the only people in subcontinent who play soccer well.

anyway my condolences and great sympathy to a fine footballer and person munna

yaseer
February 13, 2005, 12:49 PM
I became a sports lover by seeing MUNNA play ar BNS.....in my school days i used to go to see Munna play.........Sports has done very good things in my life.......and without munna i would not have had those good things......

....He was a real super star of our sports history.......May allah bless him....

WE WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU MUNNA........YOU WILL BE IN THE SOLE OF MY HEART AS LONG AS I LIVE.

DJ Sahastra
February 13, 2005, 01:12 PM
May his soul rest in peace.

Edited on, February 14, 2005, 8:14 AM GMT, by DJ Sahastra.

tiger_man
February 14, 2005, 02:17 AM
Edited on, February 14, 2005, 7:24 AM GMT, by tiger_man.

tiger_man
February 14, 2005, 02:24 AM

no its not...but does it make a big difference???

when sth tragic happens, you dont worry about where to place your post as long as you post it...but as guy_zin says, you are most pefectly named so i wouldnt argue with you

my deepest condolence to his family and friends, innalilla hi wallila hi rajeoun

isnt he the Munna who played for mohamedan like 10-11 years ago?? maybe i am wrong...

i heard of this guy whenever the word bangladesh football came up but dont remember his face clearly

Edited on, February 14, 2005, 7:27 AM GMT, by tiger_man.

bdmoderator
February 14, 2005, 05:23 AM
He was a great player and one of my favourite Bangladeshi football player. I am very disaappointed about this news. I honoured him a lot.

guy_zin
February 14, 2005, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by tiger_man

.......isnt he the Munna who played for mohamedan like 10-11 years ago?? maybe i am wrong...

i heard of this guy whenever the word bangladesh football came up but dont remember his face clearly

Edited on, February 14, 2005, 7:27 AM GMT, by tiger_man. [/quote]

Munna actually used to play for Dhaka Abahoni..he was one of only the few charismatic figure/player in our local soccer who used to pull thousands of spectators by their dazzling brilliance & sheer charisma. just no words are enough to describe the pre & post match atmosphere of the local derby played by Abahoni & Mohammedan in the then national stadium.& one can not make it in words unless he used to be a part of that clash of the local titans. u just cant find that sort of crazyness/enthusiasms/passions/ & loyal supporters in any other sports in todays bangladesh.it was possible only by the towering presence of like munna,kaiser hamid,aslam,shabbir & a few other.

i still have some faded memory of this great man roaming gloriously around the field just like a king.. there was an aura of brilliancy with a bit of arrogancy too in him that brought peoples to the stadium each time he played .

my condolance & praying for his two kids & wife.May Allah bless & instill them the courage to carry on .

AsifTheManRahman
February 14, 2005, 12:09 PM
this is so very shocking.

the_one
February 14, 2005, 12:46 PM
how did he die?

shaoun
February 14, 2005, 11:48 PM
i was always a sports fan since i was little. i use to follow football because that time cricket wasnt that big in bangladesh. i followed careers of aslam, sabbir, kaisar hamid, kanon and these great footballer. i remember the celebration when bangladesh football team won the president gold cup. monam munna was always a defender. but he is the only player in bangladesh who can play in any position. eventhough he was mainly a defender he always played in midfield. i saw him play for abahoni and i think i also saw him play for national team. i went to visit bangladesh in 1995 and munna was a star player then. he was the highest paid player in bangladesh. he played one season for 20 lakh taka which i dont think anyone beat that record yet. they call him the last star of bangladesh football. but munna was a superstar. he rule the field even in india. its sad to see him leave in this young age. he may left but he will never be forgotten. eventhough bangladesh is a cricket crazy nation now they will never forget our football's last superstar Monam Hussein Munna. may ALLAH bless his soul.

offcutter
February 15, 2005, 12:20 PM
I just got back from a trip and heard the news late from BC.

So sad. Last of true soccer hero gone and such a young age. May Allah grant him fullfilment.

Mon
February 15, 2005, 12:33 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly what was the reason for his unfortunate early departure from this world?

Munna was a great football player. May god bless him now and grant him paradise. Amin

al
February 15, 2005, 03:39 PM
May Allah(swt) bless his soul and grant him paradise. Ameen