PDA

View Full Version : internatinal stadium

eunusma
February 14, 2005, 02:11 AM
:fanflag: i think bangladesh natonal cricket team has more then 4 players sylhety cricketer...but BCB does not have any plan to make sylhet stadium to make a international stadium or to hold any international cricket in sylhet... thats how we could get much more player from sylhet..who can get long service fro BD...

DONT YOU GUY'S THINK SYLHET STADIUM SHOULD BE INTERNATONAL CRICKET STADIUM..?

Shish Ahmed
February 14, 2005, 08:24 AM
One of the reasons they can't make Sylhet an International Stadium is there is no 4/5 Star Hotel in Sylhet. Once this is in place i would definetly like to see Internationals at Sylhet

akabir77
February 14, 2005, 08:46 AM
And Sylheti people spits on plyrs and thats why most national plyrs doesn't even want to play there....:karate:

Still i voted yes...:up:

Edited on, February 14, 2005, 1:47 PM GMT, by akabir77.

AsifTheManRahman
February 14, 2005, 12:55 PM
well, not for now. maybe later.

However, as always, I will vote for the option you left in between "yes" and "no", since no-one else will.

Fazal
February 14, 2005, 01:00 PM
What is between 'Yes' and 'No'? make your own category? Someting like 'the next international stadium should be in Noakhali instead'?

Yes=45%
No=27%
<Blank> =27%

Tough competition for second place!

brikonwall
February 14, 2005, 02:28 PM
Just wondering, didn't the ICC say NO to Sylhet stadium recently? BCB request four stadiums (1. Shahid Chandu, 2. CTG Divisional Stadium, and two others) to get recongnised as International venue. But ICC accepted only CTG Div. Stadium. I might be completely wrong about this whole thing. But I heard something like this.

Bat-PadTogether
February 14, 2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by brikonwall
Just wondering, didn't the ICC say NO to Sylhet stadium recently? BCB request four stadiums (1. Shahid Chandu, 2. CTG Divisional Stadium, and two others) to get recongnised as International venue. But ICC accepted only CTG Div. Stadium. I might be completely wrong about this whole thing. But I heard something like this.
You are right brikonwall

babubangla
February 14, 2005, 05:20 PM
There is no problem with the STadium iteself.
I think ICC care about other city facility as well.
If ICC does not allow BCB to make Sylhet Stadium a Test Venue, how will BCB will do that? If it is BCB's own hand, I will certainly support for making Sylhet Stadium an internatioinal venue. The more we spread international cricket all over the country, the more will be the possibility to get young players for future.

babubangla
February 14, 2005, 05:22 PM
Look like "Indecision" is winning!!
So the next Internationa Stadium goes to "Noyakhali" lol

brikonwall
February 14, 2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by babubangla
Look like "Indecision" is winning!!
So the next Internationa Stadium goes to "Noyakhali" lol

HA HA HA HA...

Mon
February 14, 2005, 07:10 PM
Let alone rejecting it, the ICC never considered the Sylhet stadium for a Test Venue. It does make sense to award Sylhet with such a Stadium. The late Speaker of Bangladesh parliament, Mr. Humayun Rashind Chaudhry had attempted such a plan along with the Cable Bridge plan in place of the Kean Bridge in Sylhet, but due to his sudden death and the defeat of the Awami league government, the plans were never put in to action. I think major politics is in going on behind the close doors about these issues. Obviously BNP Govt. will not go ahead with such plans because it was initiated by Awami league and also for the fact the current city corporation mayor of Sylhet is not a BNP supporter.

bourny3
February 14, 2005, 07:59 PM
I voted the middle option.

Mon
February 14, 2005, 08:32 PM
It will take a renaissance for Sylhet to get a cricket stadium. On the other hand, probably there is hope…. Who knows?
One possible solution: Bribe a “Rokto chusha” govt. official.

Mon
February 14, 2005, 08:32 PM

Edited on, February 15, 2005, 1:33 AM GMT, by Mon.
Reason: posted twice

Special 1
February 15, 2005, 12:39 AM
[] maira bhainga falabu stadiumre

Edited on, February 15, 2005, 7:19 AM GMT, by nasif.
Reason: Don't even say this as a joke. It is very serious issue

couger
February 15, 2005, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Mon
Let alone rejecting it, the ICC never considered the Sylhet stadium for a Test Venue. It does make sense to award Sylhet with such a Stadium. The late Speaker of Bangladesh parliament, Mr. Humayun Rashind Chaudhry had attempted such a plan along with the Cable Bridge plan in place of the Kean Bridge in Sylhet, but due to his sudden death and the defeat of the Awami league government, the plans were never put in to action. I think major politics is in going on behind the close doors about these issues. Obviously BNP Govt. will not go ahead with such plans because it was initiated by Awami league and also for the fact the current city corporation mayor of Sylhet is not a BNP supporter.

My god, there we go again. Will we ever be able to keep politics out of this forum?

Mon
February 15, 2005, 01:36 AM
Ami boli ki, are amar shareng boley ki?
lol:E

Edited on, February 15, 2005, 6:44 AM GMT, by Mon.

shaheen
February 15, 2005, 03:10 AM
I voted against it because I think we should improve the conditions of existing play venue to an international standard before going for a new one. Look at the situation of Bogra city and Khulna city. Except the playground we do not have enough city attractions and accomodatins in those cities. Let us focus on present venues like Bogra/Khulna and try to improve the tourist attractions and hotels. Then there will be more visitors and supporters of international teams to visit those cities.
I think that will be more acceptable at this point now.

Of course at later stage we may think about a new one.

bdmoderator
February 15, 2005, 03:25 AM
Ya, We have to bring Shylhet Stadium as a International Cricket Stadium.

Shish Ahmed
February 15, 2005, 09:45 AM
Any pictures of Sylhet Stdium ??

Mon
February 15, 2005, 12:20 PM
I recall visiting the Sylhet stadium, when the Bangladesh U-19 team
under the captaincy of Naimur Rahman Durjoy was playing against the
Kenyan National team. I haven't been to any other stadiums in
Bangladesh; so a relative analysis will not be suitable here. Nevertheless, I scrutinized the overall condition of the Sylhet stadium as mediocre. The security was extremely poor. I even manged to
get inside when the guard was not looking. I was elated to meet Hossain Shanto
and Akram Khan inside and secured their autographs. They both were
watching the match along with Gazi Ashraf Hussain Lipu and others. I tried
to talk to Lipu but he totally ignored me L. But given the fact that I
was 14 at the time, I would not blame him for disregarding me.

The Bangladesh U-19 lost that match by a narrow margin of runs. As I recall, the Kenyan team was fielding superbly. I remember yelling at Maurice Udombey, the captain of the Kenyan, from the gallery. Not surprisingly, he yelled back at me!
:P

Edited on, February 15, 2005, 5:21 PM GMT, by Mon.

Yameen
February 15, 2005, 04:36 PM
Hell NO! not with all the bombings going on by all these BNP or jamatis or whoever!?

al
February 15, 2005, 04:58 PM
well people say, both Ctg and Sylhet are the two most prosporous areas in bangladesh. If it is true, then why not in Sylhet. FYI. i am not from Sylhet though

thecoolestleo
February 15, 2005, 05:04 PM
whole BD is proporous !!...
Sylhet satdium should be renovated like khulna or Chittagong ...BArisal satdium needs to renovated as well so that national league should take place in standard place

eunusma
February 15, 2005, 11:47 PM
please vote for sylhet:up:

eunusma
February 16, 2005, 12:09 AM
few people saying that sylhet does not haver international standered hotels...theres is numbers of standerd faciliti's in sylhet...like circuit house,, hotel sheraton.etc.. ONE thing shlhet does not have is quality standred cricket grounds OR any cricket tranning camp..and thats what im asking GOVT & BCB to take step for.guys think about it ..without having any cricket ground...or standerd stadium in sylhet..if we can see players like ...RAJIN.. ENAM jr...KAPALI..TAPOSH. by putting up some cricket facility in sylhet we will see much more great players from sylhet...who can serve BANGLADESH for a long long time:fanflag:

eunusma
February 16, 2005, 12:22 AM
please chack page two

Ahmed_B
February 16, 2005, 09:07 AM
:cool:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/ahmedb/Temporary/sylhet.jpg

Source: Prothom Alo (http://www.prothom-alo.net/newhtmlnews1/category.php?CategoryID=5&Date=2005-02-16)

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 2:08 PM GMT, by crickethorizon.

couger
February 16, 2005, 03:14 PM
I'm all for more stadiums but thorough research should be done as to which town should have one before another.