PDA

View Full Version : Duleep Trophy - Pathetic performances by all teams

pagol-chagol
February 15, 2005, 10:31 PM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/IND_LOCAL/DULEEP/SCORECARDS/

All the teams sucked in batting on the first day.

If we had some bowlers we really had a chance to win it all.

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 3:40 AM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

jubaitca
February 15, 2005, 10:54 PM
Bangladesh Squad
Mohammad Ashraful (Captain)
Al Shahriar
Rajan Saleh
Nafis Iqbal
Aftab Ahmed
Alok Kapali
Manjural Islam Rana
+ Sahagir Hossain Pavel
Abdur Razzak
Talha Jubair
Nazmul Hossain
Tareq Aziz
Anwar Hossain Monir

Who is Sahagir Hossain Pavel ?

2007WcSemifinalist
February 15, 2005, 10:59 PM
Sahgir Hossain pavel is a wicket keeper

savyasachi
February 16, 2005, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/IND_LOCAL/DULEEP/SCORECARDS/

All the teams sucked in batting on the first day.

If we had some bowlers we really had a chance to win it all.

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 3:40 AM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

Ektu dhoirjo dhorun ... we will know the true worth of your team soon enough.

As for the performances on the first day, do not base your opinions on scorecard reading. Conditions favoured fast bowlers and both East and North have very good ones. Nehra has always had more talent than Zaheer, while Paul is on the threshold of the Indian team.

I will repeat what I said earlier in a poll that I started ... the oppositions will be far stronger than Zimbabwe and it will be a true test of exactly where Bangladesh stands as they build up to the all important tour of England. That tour will make or break all talk of a 2-tiered test system.

Hopefully the BCB XI will be able to stand up and be counted.

Blah
February 16, 2005, 12:05 AM
I doubt the outcome of this turnament would have any potential effect on the decision of 2-tier system.

If this was the case than we would have sent our national team, and than some.

Blah

savyasachi
February 16, 2005, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Blah
I doubt the outcome of this turnament would have any potential effect on the decision of 2-tier system.

Learn to parse English. I did not say the outcome of this tournament would have any effect on the decision of 2-tier system. I said the tour of England would.

If this was the case than we would have sent our national team, and than some.

Blah

None of the zones are national teams either. So whats your point? If you want to compete as a top tier test nation, you should be able to perform against zonal teams without sending your full squad. Chuck that. You should be able to perform even with your 'A' side. And this BCB XI is decidedly more than the 'A' side.

Blah
February 16, 2005, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by savyasachi
Learn to parse English. I did not say the outcome of this tournament would have any effect on the decision of 2-tier system. I said the tour of England would.

Sorry my mistake.

None of the zones are national teams either. So whats your point? If you want to compete as a top tier test nation, you should be able to perform against zonal teams without sending your full squad. Chuck that. You should be able to perform even with your 'A' side. And this BCB XI is decidedly more than the 'A' side.

Funny thing about english. If you take sentence out of context they don't make much sense, but when you put it together, they do make sense. My first sentence was in direct reference to my second sentence, which you skillfully qouted out of context. Since the first sentence is moot, because of wrong interpretation of your post, the second sentence if qouted out of context won't make sense.

Maybe "you" should learn to parse english! ;)

Blah

roaring_tiger
February 16, 2005, 12:37 AM
by the way..'savyasachi'.vai .apni ki Indian?...
just asking...nothing serious!!:P

savyasachi
February 16, 2005, 12:59 AM
Originally posted by Blah
Funny thing about english. If you take sentence out of context they don't make much sense, but when you put it together, they do make sense. My first sentence was in direct reference to my second sentence, which you skillfully qouted out of context. Since the first sentence is moot, because of wrong interpretation of your post, the second sentence if qouted out of context won't make sense.

Maybe "you" should learn to parse english! ;)

Blah

Accepted. I also apologize for my harsh remarks.
The title of the thread "Pathetic ... " got my goat.
No hard feelings :-)

savyasachi
February 16, 2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by roaring_tiger
by the way..'savyasachi'.vai .apni ki Indian?...
just asking...nothing serious!!:P

I am an Indian by citizenship,
Bengali by inclination,
American by residence,
Hindu by heart,
fan of sub-continental cricket by taste,
and a keen follower of Bangladesh cricket.

Thanks for asking.

Blah
February 16, 2005, 01:09 AM
Accepted. I also apologize for my harsh remarks.
The title of the thread "Pathetic ... " got my goat.
No hard feelings :-)

Kool! :)

Ehsan
February 16, 2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by savyasachi

I am an Indian by citizenship,
Bengali by inclination,
American by residence,
Hindu by heart,
fan of sub-continental cricket by taste,
and a keen follower of Bangladesh cricket.

Indo-American-Bangla bomb, glad to have you here! :)

Welcome to BanglaCricket.

rafiq
February 16, 2005, 02:09 AM
Our batting is obviously close to test team full strength, but our bowling looks suspect. Tareq Aziz and Naimur Rahman have been replaced by Mohammad Shahzada (seamer) and Sabbir Khan (spinner), according to today's DS. I have no idea who Shahzada is. Wonder what happened to Fahim Muntasir - did he go on the 'A' team tour? Razzak is not quite Enamul Jr. And Monir will get hit all over the park so hope they don't use him - Talha is the better choice to partner Nazmul.

SS Paul is a very good bowler, our top order needs to be awake.

DJ Sahastra
February 16, 2005, 02:38 AM
SavyaSachi,

What's it about your confrontational attitude. I just don't get it.

Does it hurt to be a little modest considering that you are guest on the board?

cricketfan
February 16, 2005, 03:00 AM
BCB XI will face East Zone next week at Nagpur. That match will tell where the BCB XI stands vis-a-vis the 'sucking' East Zone. Incidentally all the four teams have 'sucked' in batting by lunch time on the second day of their matches. The batsmen incidentally are not that bad. It is the bowling that has been good in helpful conditions.

mahbubH
February 16, 2005, 04:34 AM
So far 20+ wickets in one and half day. What are the reasons:

(i) underprepared wickets
(ii) India got some McGrath overnight,
(iii) India batsmen lost form

# West North match : Pacers got wickets for North whereas spinners made the damage for West ... :-/

shujan
February 16, 2005, 04:57 AM
Where are all the test players. I donot see anybody beside M. Kaif and Sheweg. I havn't seen the south line up yet. Yuvrar and chopra is doing good.

Low scoring game doesn't mean that it is a bad game! please hold judgment until Bangladesh play their first game. Lets see how Bangladesh perform.

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 10:25 AM GMT, by shujan.

mahbubH
February 16, 2005, 05:15 AM
>> Where are all the test players?

Shewag, Gambir , Yuvraj , new star Dhoni, Chopra, Parthiv, Kaif are playing these matches. BTW why are you looking for test players .... India's domestic league is very rich something like Pura cup. So reasons of this performance may be something else!

Other batsmen:

Dada : side strain (East)
10dul : Tennis elbow (West)
Dravid, Laxman : .. (team Tintin)

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 12:35 PM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.
Reason: Reason: added info on other stars

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 12:46 PM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.

Tintin
February 16, 2005, 07:18 AM
>> Dravid, Laxman : team Tintin

What is this ? :info:

mahbubH
February 16, 2005, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Tintin
>> Dravid, Laxman : team Tintin

What is this ? :info:

sorry ... just tried to say South zone.

Tintin
February 16, 2005, 07:38 AM
I thought you were referring to some illness like tennis elbow :)

mahbubH
February 16, 2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Tintin
I thought you were referring to some illness like tennis elbow :)

Ya that post was not clear .... still no injury is named after your name!

oracle
February 16, 2005, 08:58 AM
I hope it is not underprepared wickets. If so this cannot be good means of gauging our players for upcoming series.

offcutter
February 16, 2005, 09:09 AM
When is BCB XI's first match?

Arnab
February 16, 2005, 09:10 AM
Do you guys remember watching Indian domestic cricket on ESPN back home? I used to watch some back in 1999-00, especially when I was in my machi mara 24-hour ESPN Star Sports mode.

I vaguely remember all the fields being dust bowls. Horrible pacers, mediocre Robin Singh type medium pacers and legions of spinners. And for some odd reason the only player whose name I can remember is Sairaj Bahutule. Also remember empty galleries. And poor Harsha Bhogle doing ALL the commentaries (probably in his hat pakani period before he turned pro), all dubbed in after the match was recorded.

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 2:10 PM GMT, by Arnab.

Sorry
February 16, 2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
SavyaSachi,

DJ,
never mind. its just too strong "cocktail". you know what i mean vodka+rum+tequila....... etc.

cisco-guy
February 16, 2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
SavyaSachi,

Hey Guys! Take it easy on SavyaSachi. He did introduce himself when he joined this BanglaCricket forum. We all need constructive criticism.
no pun intended :-)

paco
February 16, 2005, 02:32 PM
I read on BangladesherKhela that Nadif Chowdhury and Mohammed Shahzada has been selected to replace Durjoy and Tareq Aziz. Is this true ? And if it is, what was the basis of this selection ?

AsifTheManRahman
February 16, 2005, 02:39 PM
performance for sure. nadif chowdhury used to be the U-13 captain a long long time ago, and his domestic performance isn't that bad (nothing extraordinary either). shahzada has been around for some time, and maybe the selectors thought it would be a good idea to expose these guys to international cricket.

couger
February 16, 2005, 03:00 PM
DJ,
never mind. its just too strong "cocktail". you know what i mean vodka+rum+tequila....... etc.

Hey man this'll kill you. This aint no cocktail, this is a murder. Sure would like too an X-ray of your liver.

mahbubH
February 16, 2005, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by paco
I read on BangladesherKhela that Nadif Chowdhury and Mohammed Shahzada has been selected to replace Durjoy and Tareq Aziz. Is this true ? And if it is, what was the basis of this selection ?

I think Sabbir khan and Shahazada was selected in place of Naimur and Tareqe.

(i) Selectors want to have good offspinner in hand. They have three choces : Jamal Babu, Sabbir, Fahim. They choose Sabbir may be his current form is better than other two.

(ii) Shahazada did well for Victoria in the league and also got some wickets in the last NCL. He can work hard.

Edited on, February 17, 2005, 2:43 PM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.
Reason: players names were wrong

mahbubH
February 17, 2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by oracle
I hope it is not underprepared wickets. If so this cannot be good means of gauging our players for upcoming series.

It is ... here is what Kaif commented after winning the match against East

"Not a great wicket to be honest, for a first-class match before an international series... But you can't help it, just take whatever that comes your way," the India player said.

Hope BD will get a good sporting wicket.

reverse_swing
March 2, 2005, 10:39 AM
I think some of our members are more pathetic than our Duleep Trophy team.