PDA

View Full Version : Rajib shatters Zim A

DstarRab
February 16, 2005, 08:03 AM
Hi everybody.....we've beaten ZIM A by 14 runs. Shahadat Rajib took 5-63 from 25 overs. Enam returned 10 for the match.

By the way...I'm Rabeed Imam from the Daily Star and let me tell you ....you guys are doing a fantastic job with banglacricket.com. :great::fanflag::clap:

rimjumana
February 16, 2005, 08:08 AM
hi rabeed,
welcome on board first and thanks for the excelent news.
:great:

pagol-chagol
February 16, 2005, 08:08 AM
Welcome RAB.

Thanks for the great news. Do you think Rajib is ready to be Mashrafee's partner?

How long have you been visiting us here?

roi
February 16, 2005, 08:09 AM
Rabeed....man u just took my words out of my mouth!!!!
it7s great to beat ZIM'A....
Well done Enam:fanflag::fire::fanflag::fire::fanflag::fire:: fanflag::fire::fanflag::fire::fanflag::fire:

DstarRab
February 16, 2005, 08:09 AM
correction friends...we won by 48 runs.

Navarene
February 16, 2005, 08:12 AM
Great to have you among us, Rabeed! Surely you have no clue that we are big fan of your writings.

Thanks for the updates. It was a very convincing win for our boys:great:

rimjumana
February 16, 2005, 08:12 AM
sounds much better ! so, we are on the right path. watch out ICC (with your 2-tier system) !

oracle
February 16, 2005, 08:13 AM
DstarRab

thanks a lot for updates. Kindly check your U2U at the top right hand corner. You may have messages to read.

oracle

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 1:13 PM GMT, by oracle.

DstarRab
February 16, 2005, 08:18 AM
To Pagol-Chagol's (great name by the way!) question....I guess I started visiting this forum with interest during the tour of the West Indies and I must thank you guys because banglacricket.com was a source of inspiration for me on that very long trip. I also met site moderators Mr GM Bashar and Mr Ohid Nascer (pardon me if I've mis-spelt the name) in the Caribbean and my respect grew even more for the forum's members after seeing their enthusiasm and die-hard support.

mahbubH
February 16, 2005, 08:21 AM
Thx god .. did not believe we could win this game!! Weldone !!

RAB : I am a big fan of your writing ....

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 1:41 PM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.

oracle
February 16, 2005, 08:25 AM
Rabeed

welcome again, oh bearer of good news:)

Hope to see you frequently around here. Make it your home.

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 1:26 PM GMT, by oracle.

offcutter
February 16, 2005, 08:26 AM
Welcome Radeeb. I've enjoyed your articles tremendously. So great to have an actual sports writer amogst us. I look forward to more writtings from you. Keep posting here as well. Good luck.

And off course thank you for the great news.

Navarene
February 16, 2005, 08:27 AM
Rabeed, are you going to stand tall like always and write up an article in Cricinfo to oppose this 2-tier crap of ICC?Implementation of tier system will destroy the future of our cricket!

akabir77
February 16, 2005, 08:28 AM
RAB bhai any relations to the REAL RAB :D You wrote some good articles for cricinfo/dailystar, A big thanks for that... Keep it up..

Ibrahim
February 16, 2005, 08:34 AM
DstarRab did not only bring the good news (win of A team), but also brings the best sports writer (natioanl and internationl) in this forum (which is himself).

Originally posted by DstarRab
Hi everybody.....we've beaten ZIM A by 14 runs. Shahadat Rajib took 5-63 from 25 overs. Enam returned 10 for the match.

By the way...I'm Rabeed Imam from the Daily Star and let me tell you ....you guys are doing a fantastic job with banglacricket.com. :great::fanflag::clap:

Warlock
February 16, 2005, 08:41 AM

Mr. Imam! Wow!
You have no idea how many fans you have in this forum.:D
(Just look at the old posts.)
We always enjoy your columns in cricinfo.
Keep up the good work and please also write here once in a while! We all would be very happy!

ibnul
February 16, 2005, 08:44 AM
How good could it be. Our A boys beat Zims. And another set in Duleep trophy which seems not very difficult from the scoreline so far.
Welcome to good news bearer and good writer Rabeed to this forum, we are all your fan here specially the lone fight in the crickinfo on our behalf.:joy:

Shehwar
February 16, 2005, 08:47 AM
Awesome effort !:joy:.....And btw...Welcome to our forum Sir....Its absolutely wonderful to have a writer of ur stature in here...Just like everyone else I'm a great fan of ur writing...Do take good care of urself & keep up the good work.

fwullah
February 16, 2005, 08:55 AM
Welcome to banglacricket!

I'm one of your fans, too. You are one of my idols. I wish I could write like you in positive frame of mind when we are down.

Ahmed_B
February 16, 2005, 09:00 AM
well.. well... well... :)
this forum getting richer and richer with every series!

Welcome RA... with us fans.
We will really luv it if u share your ongoing expriences while covering the tours of the BD team.

Thanx a lot for deciding to be a part of this forum.
:)

tansir
February 16, 2005, 09:02 AM
Good to have RAB in our forum :lol:

Hurry........abar jitsi........new generation to first attempt ei test jita gelo. Akhon ICC ki bolbe??? :bravo:

emran
February 16, 2005, 09:10 AM
Hello Rabeed Imam,

Thanks for the update, congratulations to all Bangladeshi Cricket fan:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::b ravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:

tansir
February 16, 2005, 09:14 AM
Rabeed you're our voice in the midst of anti-BD cricket propaganda. Go on and write more and more of those sweetly-toned articles. I'd hope that you'd often write articles to BanglaCricket........we're all eager, passionate and crazy BD cricket lovers awaiting here :joy::fire:

little_master
February 16, 2005, 09:15 AM
WoW...RAB...how sweet you are here...
With a greate news...I am a real fan of your writings...

2007WcSemifinalist
February 16, 2005, 09:17 AM
Go BD go....:fanflag::fire::great:

little_master
February 16, 2005, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by DstarRab

Our two promising bowlers Rajib and Enamul have enreached out A team. But I doubt about our bowoling strength in BCB XI (heading for Duleep Trophy)...dont see any promising bowler.....:)

PoorFan
February 16, 2005, 09:23 AM
Welcome Rabeed Imam! and thank's for good news.:great:
We all feel proud of you, representing Bangladesh's cricket and our desire to the world.
Looking forward to hear from you more on BD cricket development and future.

thecoolestleo
February 16, 2005, 09:24 AM
Welcome Rabeed Imam ,,,thanks for the excellent news

guy_zin
February 16, 2005, 09:39 AM
welcome rabeed imam!!

really nice to see rabeed imam amongst us.its really an honor to see the presence of an acclaimed sports writer who is quite at per with the other global peers in cricket writing.the main thing about this awesome guy is he is just writing & letting the world know the exact feelings of bangladesh.

btw, i was wondering about the exact margin of our A team,s victory .. rabeed told us it was 14 runs first..then corrected again by 48 runs.. just saw in bangladesher khela its 50 runs.. which one is correct?

anyway,a win is win..whether its by 14 or 84 run

Go_Bangladesh
February 16, 2005, 09:40 AM
Welcome Rabeed Bhai,
I am a big fan of your writing and it is great to have you with us here at Banglacricket.com.

mahbubH
February 16, 2005, 09:41 AM
Result: Bangladesh A won by 50 runs --- CricInfo

AsifTheManRahman
February 16, 2005, 09:53 AM
hey rab,

welcome to BC. you will find that (or i should say must've figured by now) that you're a pretty popular character here.

so stick around! :)

rib tickler
February 16, 2005, 10:06 AM
Closer than it should have been, but good result for the tigers!

However the batting problem seems to be persistent in all BD teams, test, A team, U19 and also in the divisional games. I first started following the Tigers during the 99 World Cup in England and have seen a gradual and consistent improvement in the bowling but the batting seems to have gone backwards. Only Mehrab Hussain has scored a 100 in ODI and this was several years ago!

All the promising players coming through seem to be bowlers!
Why is this? Going by the experiences of other countries (especially Asian countries) shouldn't it be easier to develop batsmen than bowlers?

DotBall
February 16, 2005, 10:46 AM
Welcome Rabeed Imam and thanks for the good news. Your opinion and thoughts in this forum would be of great value. Please keep us feeding the news about BD cricket.

Rubu
February 16, 2005, 11:05 AM
its great to have you here, Rabeed Imam. we have a lot of fans here who really likes your writing.

here is something important i think i need to ask help for. as u know, we are in a situation where icc is trying hard to take away our test status. if u visit the site u'll know the we've quite a few good posts here with some real good points. these post, however, is pretty useless unless we can take them to light where other people (people besides bc members) can see it. i think your relation to cricinfo can help. what u think?

Sam
February 16, 2005, 11:29 AM
Welcome Rabeed Imam to our forum. You already know how die-hard fans of BD cricket we are. But we are also great fans of your writing.

Right now, we are very much upset with the n-tier system and you can find a lot of threads on that. would you please come up and ventilate our feelings and arguments to the outer world, beyond our forum?

nihi
February 16, 2005, 11:36 AM
Now this is disgusting. Another freak in BanglCricket from sports-journalist clique. I don't know why you guys are jumping your heel off at the arrival of a worthless... well, I am kidding. It was getting boring with all the roses being strewn on your path, rab, just wanted to throw in some thorn to liven it up. Let's see how it works. In the meantime, you are very much welcome to this sanatorium of freaked out fanatics, and thanks for your 'aaste aaste chharo' process (referring to 14 and 48 runs win), in spite of being the namesake of rapid action bat. anyway, you will like it here.

AsifTheManRahman
February 16, 2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
its great to have you here, Rabeed Imam. we have a lot of fans here who really likes your writing.

here is something important i think i need to ask help for. as u know, we are in a situation where icc is trying hard to take away our test status. if u visit the site u'll know the we've quite a few good posts here with some real good points. these post, however, is pretty useless unless we can take them to light where other people (people besides bc members) can see it. i think your relation to cricinfo can help. what u think?

agreed. we really have a limited amount of time on our hands. it's high time that we gave the icc a kick in the rear, and the only way that is possible is through a representative in the international media. the icc probably don't even give a damn about BC, and won't see the other side of the story (they're too dumb to think beyond what the bigger teams want), unless we feed them in with some facts, and threaten them if necessary.

Edited on, February 16, 2005, 4:45 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

bondhu25
February 16, 2005, 12:15 PM
how come we won by 14runs only? Cricket info score card says something else..we won by 50 runs...
Bangladesh A in Zimbabwe, 2004-05
Zimbabwe A v Bangladesh A
Queens Sports Club, Bulawayo
13,14,15,16 February 2005 (4-day match)

Result: Bangladesh A won by 50 runs

fwullah
February 16, 2005, 12:16 PM
Going by the experiences of other countries (especially Asian countries) shouldn't it be easier to develop batsmen than bowlers?

Its kinda off-topic here, still, this is exactly the reason why our batsman are not developing - they're too much used to playing on paradise batting tracks; so when they face some quality bowling, they falter. I'm making a new thread for this.

howzatt!
February 16, 2005, 12:18 PM
rabeed imam himself giving us the updates!!! awesome. first mcinnes, then rabeed imam, who's next? thanks for the updates rabeed bhai.

Sayeed Haque
February 16, 2005, 12:38 PM
I have just now visited Cricinfo and they report that BD A has won by 50 runs. Shahadat Hossain Rajib got 5 for 63 and Enamul Haque jnr got 3 for 69. This morning the Zim A innings lasted only 10 overs. 5 by Rajib and 5 by Enamul. I am very excited by this result. I see great future for BD Cricket.

Dawah
February 16, 2005, 12:54 PM
Good news :great:

pinch_hitter
February 16, 2005, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by howzatt!
rabeed imam himself giving us the updates!!! awesome. first mcinnes, then rabeed imam, who's next? thanks for the updates rabeed bhai.

Who's next? Why Whatmore, ofcorse!! ... lol

And occasional cameo from the BD crickters' won't be bad either :)

Welcome Rabeed Imam.

cricket_pagol
February 16, 2005, 04:10 PM
Rabeeb bhai... you made a grand entrance to banglacricket. I hope you can keep bringing good news to us.

aosaif
February 16, 2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by nihi
Now this is disgusting. Another freak in BanglCricket from sports-journalist clique. I don't know why you guys are jumping your heel off at the arrival of a worthless... well, I am kidding. It was getting boring with all the roses being strewn on your path, rab, just wanted to throw in some thorn to liven it up. Let's see how it works. In the meantime, you are very much welcome to this sanatorium of freaked out fanatics, and thanks for your 'aaste aaste chharo' process (referring to 14 and 48 runs win), in spite of being the namesake of rapid action bat. anyway, you will like it here.

yaa, too much complex eeeengish fore mee! Very angry matha I can see, no? Yes, me is good eenglish too ya? :fanflag:

dancin in the rain
February 16, 2005, 05:21 PM
Welcome aboard Mr. Rabeed. Good to see you here. Hope you gonna give us new updates time to time. By the way, I like your entry style........LOL

so......we are in right track!!!

al Furqaan
February 16, 2005, 08:42 PM
Welcome to the forum, Mr. Imam. You are a true journalistic genius.

I just wanted to say one thing: there has only been one thing on my mind, this whole 2-tier business.

Is there anything you can do with your influence at cricinfo? Is there anything we fans can do?

Also, most importantly, how likely is it, in your estimation, that Bangladesh will be demoted to a 2nd tier level?

AGC
February 16, 2005, 09:18 PM
WOW! The great Mr Rabeed Imam among us! I'm another one of your fans. You articles are just wow. No other words coming to me right now. Keep up the amazing work.

roaring_tiger
February 16, 2005, 09:29 PM
welcome on board Rabeed Imam,
you are doing a fantastic job in crickinfo too,
just one request..please sometimes do bash the BD bashers...:fanflag:

nihi
February 16, 2005, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by aosaif
yaa, too much complex eeeengish fore mee! Very angry matha I can see, no? Yes, me is good eenglish too ya? :fanflag:

*sigh* humor misinterpreted as fume due to obscurity... hope at least the message reaches to our new guest

Nasif
February 17, 2005, 02:29 AM
Great fight by BD. Finally we are learning the ways of win.

Also, welcome to Rabeed bhai. Here is another of your fan welcoming you :)

Shafiul
February 17, 2005, 03:01 AM
During the game I was on a tour to Kenya,Uganda and Sudan and could not follow up the game. However a BIG congrat to Enamul Huq Jr and Banglacricket memebers on the victory of 1st match in Zimb. We r in the right track of having the habit of win.