PDA

View Full Version : Rajib's pace

DstarRab
February 16, 2005, 03:54 PM
I've seen a few posts regarding Shahadat's possible pace. I have a special corner for this lad being a quick bowler myself. He is by far the quickest I've seen in the country and my mate Salahuddin, who is a coach at the BKSP, feels that way too. Richard McInness has gone on record as saying that he is a genuine quick bowler. If you have played competitive cricket, one look at his bowling will tell you that he's got something extra.
I believe he is consistently bowling in the 137-140kmph and around region but that's just a gut feeling....a strong feeling at that I must add. He is an 'I'll eat you alive' kind of bowler and very raw still. Clever variations, slowers etc. are not in his dictionary at the moment but he is a genuine strike bowler and will get quicker. If I was a Tigers selector, I'd be taking him to England but limit his exposure to warm-up/tour games and maybe the odd ODI. The experience is more important for him at this stage.
Mashrafe on the otherhand is a fast maturing bowler and has natural ability in abundance. There is no one like him. He is special. To come back after those knee surgeries and bowl like that...you got to take your hats off to him. His pace I think will hover around 132-135kmph for the rest of his career and every now and then he'll send down a 140ish delivery. He is all quality. For the moment though, he needs to get confident and comfortable with his body and delivery action.

Fazal
February 16, 2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks for your input and time.:up:

I hope you will continue to provide us with your knowledgable comments about our upcomming stars.

pagol-chagol
February 16, 2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks Rab brother.

You'll find your biggest fans in this forum. I hope you'll continue to post and keep us enlightened.

I am sure you'll find plenty of materials and ideas here that will feed your thoughts.

paco
February 16, 2005, 04:04 PM
Thank you Mr. Imam. Did you get a chance to see the pacer hunt prodigy Wascorni in action ? Any thoughts on him ? Thanks again

Dawah
February 16, 2005, 04:08 PM
Mr. Rabeed Imam, thank you :)

DstarRab
February 16, 2005, 04:16 PM
Not yet Paco...but I'll have a look at him very soon provided he plays against Dhaka in Dhaka.

I think there is a misconception regarding the pacer-hunt programme. It has not unearthed genuine fast bowlers. Those who got selected for the final round, were picked because the experts thought they had natural pace and had the potential to bowl quicker with a bit of refinement.

Beamer
February 16, 2005, 04:27 PM
Few questions for DstarRab :

I am a bit confused about a few players as various newspapers sometimes report conflicting stories. These are mostly upcoming players. I think you will be able to answer it better than most of us here who solely really on internet news outlets.

S K Russel : pacer? lefty ?
Shafaq : lefty or righty?
Mohammad Shahazadah : The recent replacement player travelling to India with the BCB XI. right hand pacer?
Ashraful huq : spinner? lefty or righty?

I have read a vast combination of conflicting things about them from time to time in different papers. Bangladesherkhela.com is another site ripe with false, scantily researched items on players.

Thanks for your time and welcome indeed!

DstarRab
February 16, 2005, 04:34 PM
SK Russell -- right arm paceman

Shafaq -- left-arm paceman

Ashraful Haq -- left-arm paceman

Beamer
February 16, 2005, 04:37 PM
Thank you. See, I was under the impression that Russell was a lefty seamer.

mahbubH
February 16, 2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Beamer
Thank you. See, I was under the impression that Russell was a lefty seamer.

me too.

Zephaniah
February 16, 2005, 04:47 PM
Rajib bowls far too many no-balls at this stage. Like RI, I too think that England tour will be highly beneficial for him. He could learn a thing or two from other lads (Masree- variations, Tapash - deceiving slower ball). But I've been rooting for him to do well.

vindeshi
February 16, 2005, 04:51 PM
Mr Imam, you don't know how much helpful we r now by your valuable and knowledgeable comments regarding BD cricket. Its really hard for Probashi like us to get vast information about our local players. But I think our fate has changed significantly by your arrival on banglacricket forum. Thanks Mr Imam

BioMEMS
February 16, 2005, 05:13 PM
Rabeed bhai...I really enjoyed your articles at Cricinfo. Keep up the good work!

Zunaid
February 16, 2005, 05:25 PM
Rabeed,

I seem to recall you being very effusive in your praise of Rajib after his find in a talent spotting competion somwhere and fast tracked into the A team and the Under-19 team. I seem to recall you mentioned that he has a smooth run-up and consequently doesn't put too much pressure on his body. This bodes well for his longevity.

As expats, who have few opportunities to see our new breed of pacers in action, your comments (specially since you are a fast bowler yourself) would be very welcome. I am interested in your opinion on the bunch we grabbed after the pacer hunt. Particularly Wascoroni. Was he unearthed during the hunt or was he already in play (pun intended)?

couger
February 16, 2005, 05:27 PM
What is the plan rgarding the 8 new pacers discovered in the pacer hunt? Are they going to be sent to MRF or australia?

sadi
February 16, 2005, 05:43 PM
thanks rabeed bhai....i have been a big fan of ur aritcles...so many questions have been asked abt all the upcoming pacers...thats definately shows how eagerly we are waiting for a genuine fast bowler.... who do u think has the potential to be number 1 pacer of bd in coming days other than masrafi?? wat do u think abt shafaq.... does he have good pace to trouble batsmen?? will appreciate ur comments in these questions...

Rubu
February 16, 2005, 10:17 PM
RAB is the best addition of bc forum since McInnes. :up:

i got the idea, in the feture, we gonna see mcgrath (masri) and shoeb (shahadat) bowling for bangladesh from two ends.

little_master
February 16, 2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by DstarRab
SK Russell -- right arm paceman

Shafaq -- left-arm paceman

Ashraful Haq -- left-arm paceman

I thought Ashraful Haq is a left-arm-spinner...
He is left-arm-pacer....good. another youngster in the block!:great:
And Big Shaq is Lefty...that will be certainly beneficial to our pacer collection and to your batsmen.

DstarRab
February 16, 2005, 11:56 PM
oops.........come to think of it.........SK Russell is also a left-arm quick......got him mixed up. Pretty good swing bowler but not very quick. You were right (Beamer and Sports_fan_bd). Shafaq has some 'deadly' swing too.

Sham
February 16, 2005, 11:59 PM
Yeah, everyone who has seen Shafaq play has spoken very highly of him, including McInnes. We need a good left-arm quickie so having Shafaq and Russell is real good news!

Tehsin
February 17, 2005, 12:25 AM
The quality/amount of players coming out of the age groups and schools/zillas is a direct effect of BD having the test status. I am glad Mani said no to the n-tier. While our players need to answer the critics on the field, we already have RAB taking on the media propoganda machine. Hope we're not putting too much pressure on either of you. :)

I expected some world class spinners to come out of BD within the first few years of test status but never thought we'd produce an army of quickies. We just need to work with these raw talents and they'll WOW the cricket world in no time. That and also earn a mention in every batsmens prayer -
"God, please give me the speed to duck Masri's bouncers .... if you let me come out of the wicket in one piece, I'll be your slave forever"

bdboy
February 17, 2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Sham
Yeah, everyone who has seen Shafaq play has spoken very highly of him, including McInnes. We need a good left-arm quickie so having Shafaq and Russell is real good news!

Ataher also mentioned his name during a tv interview.

jga
February 18, 2005, 06:03 AM
Does anyone know how tall Rajib is? Just interested to know bcoz i reckon we need some intimidating pacers for the future and I was also wondering does anyone know if he is a big swinger of the ball?

Shish Ahmed
February 18, 2005, 06:19 AM
Rajib is 6.3' (6 feet 3 inches) and has broud shoulders built like a fast bowler.

I guess the art of swing bowling comes with experience and practice more with the older ball. Rajib is a strike bowler mainly does good with new ball.

redstar
February 18, 2005, 06:59 AM
Its refreshing to have the opinion for someone on the inside, Mr Imam. I very much enjoy your reports on Crincinfo.
How old is Rajib?
Can you also convey to the Crincinfo staff to have details of the figures of the cricketers under their profile, such as height?
Are there any decent right arm off-spinners emerging from the B'desh? We seem to have a mountain of left arm spinner!! :D

little_master
February 18, 2005, 08:18 AM
To Rabeed Imam:
I saw in CricInfo describing Ashraful Haque as a SPINNER.....!:duh:
You said PACER.....:duh:

mahbubH
February 18, 2005, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by little_master
To Rabeed Imam:
I saw in CricInfo describing Ashraful Haque as a SPINNER.....!:duh:
You said PACER.....:duh:

Cinfo is wrong in this case ...

DstarRab
February 18, 2005, 09:56 AM
Probably CricInfo thought he was Mohammad Ashraful. .

ManInBlack
February 18, 2005, 10:05 AM
Cant wait to see Rajib in action!!!

little_master
February 18, 2005, 11:18 AM
Rabeed Imam and sports_fan_bd
Thanks for the clarification.
good to know Ashraful Haque is a pacer.....
go bd pacer go......get the world in your hand... :clap:

couger
February 19, 2005, 04:43 AM
Mcinnes keeps saying Rajib is a genuine quickie? What do you think RI?

rockpundit
February 19, 2005, 04:39 PM
Hey Rabeeb,

Its great to find out that bit of information about bd's fastest bowler, although I would like to know whether he has the ability to bowl at 150 or not. Id also like to know the dirt on the new faster bowlers unearthed by the paceman search that took place in bd.