PDA

View Full Version : A quote by Alok Kapali

fwullah
February 17, 2005, 03:58 AM
"The fact that they remembered my name was amazing enough for me."
Alok Kapali on meeting his team-mates and opponents for Melbourne's charity ODI

Source: Cricinfo Quotes (http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/FEATURES/quotes.html)

Ahmed_B
February 17, 2005, 05:53 AM
I guess it shows how far he has gone down in confidence since his tour to AUS with the team. He is prbably only a shadow now of what actually was back then.

Pathetic.

reverse_swing
February 17, 2005, 06:00 AM
"The fact that they remembered my name was amazing enough for me."

Alok Kapali on meeting his team-mates and opponents for Melbourne's charity ODI

Typical Bangladeshi.

cricket_pagla
February 17, 2005, 08:51 AM
:duh:
what can i say?

couger
February 17, 2005, 09:14 AM
Kapali's comment only reflects our society. Pathetic.

abu_akif
February 17, 2005, 09:31 AM
he actually told the truth.. He didnot at all match that pack of players.. My humble opinion...

Fazal
February 17, 2005, 10:05 AM
Give a break to Aloke for speaking the truth....

even I wouldn't remember his name unless he constantly somehow manage to sneak into the national team once in a while.

Shish Ahmed
February 17, 2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by crickethorizon
I guess it shows how far he has gone down in confidence since his tour to AUS with the team. He is prbably only a shadow now of what actually was back then.

Pathetic.

Why is it pathetic everyone looses their form !!

feisal
February 17, 2005, 10:34 AM
I would not take it as a pathetic.. it is humbleness.

LateCut
February 17, 2005, 10:52 AM
Confidance in large part is knowing your own limitations. I think Alok knew his when he made the remark. I knew he is going through a lean time and there was no recent achievements to jog the memories of the stars assembled before him. How is that pathetic?

offcutter
February 17, 2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by feisal
I would not take it as a pathetic.. it is humbleness.

It is humbleness to a fault. If you are a test cricketers you deserve some respect which he doesn't seem to understand.

akabir77
February 17, 2005, 02:32 PM
I thought Kapali said that when he was selected for the team again and again

"The fact that they remembered my name was amazing enough for me." "

here there r faruk and co..:D

pagol-chagol
February 17, 2005, 03:11 PM
Come on he is a nice guy who told the truth. He was surrounded by legends or superstars. Anything less would be arrogance which only a fast bowler needs. If Mashrafee said this I would worry.

The real point is not about arrogance/humbleness. Its about intelligence. Anybody who read the newspaper/player list would know that the dark dude that nobody knows must be KHAPPALLI from Bangladesh. Why did Alok get surprised that the players knew his name.

Edited on, February 17, 2005, 8:12 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

mwrkhan
February 17, 2005, 04:40 PM
I'm sure Kapali made the comments tongue in cheek and was merely being a little sarcastic. Far better to be humble than make a lot of noise.

left-hander
February 17, 2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Come on he is a nice guy who told the truth. He was surrounded by legends or superstars. Anything less would be arrogance which only a fast bowler needs. If Mashrafee said this I would worry.

The real point is not about arrogance/humbleness. Its about intelligence. Anybody who read the newspaper/player list would know that the dark dude that nobody knows must be KHAPPALLI from Bangladesh. Why did Alok get surprised that the players knew his name.

Edited on, February 17, 2005, 8:12 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

good one!

bdboy
February 17, 2005, 08:00 PM
fair comment!! He knows all about his form.

Piranha
February 17, 2005, 09:35 PM
Come opn guys...it was just a joke. It just happens to have a few grains of truth in it...;)