PDA

View Full Version : We need Fast swing bowlers

ralam468
February 17, 2005, 04:01 PM
Nowadays, international batsmen are quite adept in facing the quickie. We need a pacer who can move the oddball both ways. Remember, Wasim Akram, he could do anything with the ball like a magician. While speed kills, but swing is a better weapon in a fastbowler. What do you think:fanflag:

Spitfire_x86
February 17, 2005, 04:08 PM
Mashree swings the ball pretty well in both ways, at least with new ball

2007WcSemifinalist
February 17, 2005, 04:45 PM
nazmul does too..nazmul will be perfect in england condition

paco
February 17, 2005, 05:27 PM
law of physics states that the faster you are, the more you will swing the ball (if you know how to swing at all, that is). Also the greater the distance the ball travels, the more swing you'll get. everything else being equal, a 6'2" bowler bowling at 80mph will get more swing than a 5'7" bowler bowling at 80mph.

now the million dollar question - is swing better than enamul jr. ?

couger
February 17, 2005, 06:06 PM
I've see Taposh move the ball around well.

Sham
February 17, 2005, 06:11 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!

Paco, although I wouldnt dare question your physics (my A in O' Level Physics led my own father to lose his faith in the standard of British education), my experience as a pace bowler is that sometimes you have to slow it down for the ball to swing. I almost invariably get more away movement when I bowl fuller and a little slower than when I try to use my wrists to bang the ball in! Its probably the wrist action that kills the swing. I guess your theory still stands, since you said 'all else being equal.' Hence, if I could bowl much quicker with the same action (no use of wrist) that I do to get the ball the to swing, I would get even more swing! Yeah, possible!

Musfique
February 17, 2005, 06:51 PM
I totally agrre with sham, plaiying in english condition for the last 8 years has taught me that pace is not everything in these conditions!

2007WcSemifinalist
February 17, 2005, 07:05 PM
i wanna see nazmul in the squad that's for sure

2007WcSemifinalist
February 17, 2005, 07:11 PM
in england u don't need speed..just need to put teh ball in right spot . nazmul is capable of doing that . he can swing the ball as well. u wanna bet guys..nazmul will be in the first oneddayer, at least. if he does good , he will continue...

bet money 1000 us dollar...just kidding..