PDA

View Full Version : ICC Test Batsman and Bowlers Rankings

shanto
February 17, 2005, 10:17 PM
The following table shows the current ICC top five test batsman and top five bowlers rankings. Six Bangladeshi batsman and seven bolwers are in the ICC list. The complete list is available in the follwing link:
http://www.cricketratings.com/

ICC Test Batting Rankings:
1. Jacques Kallis
2. Rahul Dravid
3. Ricky Ponting
4. Brian Lara
5. Damien Martyn

41. Habibul Bashar
57. Mohammad Ashraful
68. Rajin Saleh
75. Nafis Iqbal
87. Mohammad Rafiq
99. Khaled Masud

ICC Test Bowling Rankings:
1. Glenn McGrath
2. Muttiah Muralitharan
3. Shaun Pollock
4. Shoaib Akhtar
5. Anil Kumble

26. Mohammad Rafiq
36. Mashrafe bin Mortaza
41. Enamul Haque jnr
72. Tapash Baisya
86. Manjurul Islam
92. Talha Jubair
99. Mushfiqur Rehman

couger
February 17, 2005, 10:28 PM
I was dissapointed that Rafique didn't make the All-rounder's list. Then again they only listed 5.

Dawah
February 17, 2005, 10:40 PM
Rafique should be among top 10 all rounders in the world.

deshibhai
February 17, 2005, 10:44 PM
Sigh! Come on Ashraful, you can really do a lot better.
Ashraful's player profile should read:
"Batting genius who relies on chance for the genius to manifest itself. Genius who is unable to figure out how to make it happen himself."
The day Ashraful is able to figure out how to make it happen himself will be the day Bangladesh's batting will awe the world.

arafath79
February 18, 2005, 09:27 AM
Rafique is the man!!!!!!!! :clap:

thecoolestleo
February 18, 2005, 10:23 AM
How come Irfan Pathan got 600+ points against BD whereas Enamul Jr is getting only 440 or something points against ZIM. But both of them got al most similar numbers of wickets and were match winners for 2 match test series.
My question is what is the criteria for this evaluation and looks like Irfan is getting the favor .

nihi
February 18, 2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by thecoolestleo
How come Irfan Pathan got 600+ points against BD whereas Enamul Jr is getting only 440 or something points against ZIM. But both of them got al most similar numbers of wickets and were match winners for 2 match test series.
My question is what is the criteria for this evaluation and looks like Irfan is getting the favor .

Irfan Pathan didn't get 600+ points against BD. The info that you see on the third column (607 vs Bangladesh, Chittagong 2004) is the 'career best' column and it just mentions the highest point a player has ever reached (followed by the name of the country and the time of play after which he had reached that point).

Incidentally Irfan has reached his highest rating after playing with Bangladesh, which is also his last test so far. Once he plays another test, his rating will go up or down (or stay the same). If it goes up, then that will be his career best for then. If it goes down, then you will still see 607 vs Bangladesh as the career best rating. And same thing happened for Enam too. That is, he reached his highest rating after playing against Pakistan.

As for rating calculation, strength of a country is taken into consideration against which a player is playing. On that account, Irfan is supposed to make less from playing against Bangladesh in comparison with Enam, since Enam played against a stronger team. The reason Irfan has now a rating of 607 is that he already had more rating before that series started and Enam had less. Since pricerwatercooper is no longer hosting the ratings, there is no way (at least, I don't know) to get history of rating for an individual player, from which we could have deduced how much point each of these two players accrued after the series.

bourny3
February 19, 2005, 12:32 AM
Well done Rafique. I can see Enamul climbing in to that top 10 in the next 3 years.

couger
February 19, 2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by dawah.tabligh
Rafique should be among top 10 all rounders in the world.

I agree.