PDA

View Full Version : circket this saturday in astoria, queens,ny

jawsburn
February 18, 2005, 08:13 AM
Hi,
I am a cricket enthusiast, just like so many of you in this forum. With the help of some of our fellow cricket lovers around the New York area, we have decided to play a “tape-tennis” cricket game in Astoria, NY. Most of these players are veterans of the Bangladesh Cricket League hosted here in Flushing, NY over summer. Weather permitting; we will do our best to start the game around 11am. If interested respond to this post and I will try to inform you with further details. Thank you, and have a great weekend!
:flag:

couger
February 18, 2005, 08:37 AM
Let me know where in Astoria.

Weather permitting, I'll be there

jawsburn
February 18, 2005, 08:40 AM
It's probably going to be at the highschool court around 36th avenue. Allauddin Sweets is just around the corner.

couger
February 19, 2005, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by jawsburn
It's probably going to be at the highschool court around 36th avenue. Allauddin Sweets is just around the corner.

36th and Crescent? I know that place. But do you really think it'll happen? It'll 20 degrees (Farenheit that is) most of the day.

rafiq
February 19, 2005, 07:38 AM
I was walking around late last night in this town, it was cold and all I can say is "good luck"!

couger
February 19, 2005, 11:08 AM
This ain't hapenning.

couger
February 19, 2005, 12:24 PM
Jawsburn, please let us know if you guys went ahead with the game.........who played, scores etc. I'm interested.

Nasif
February 19, 2005, 12:37 PM
Its bone chilling cold out there!

couger
February 19, 2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by nasif
Its bone chilling cold out there!

I konw...that's why I said 'it ain't happening.

jawsburn
February 19, 2005, 06:13 PM
Hello again,
I regret to inform those concerned that the attempted "tape-tennis" cricket match was prospond due to weather related "non-compliance". It was a cold morning, yet not necessairily devoid of sunshine. However, my fellow cricket lovers voiced their resentment to a "hands-on" show of their vastly avertised (self-advertisement to be precise) cricketing talent.
In conclusion, I just want to say that I was there myself and yes, it was really cold!!
Thank you all for responding to my plea match and hope that in the near future we can actually pull off a match.

Edited on, February 19, 2005, 11:55 PM GMT, by jawsburn.

Edited on, February 19, 2005, 11:58 PM GMT, by jawsburn.

couger
February 19, 2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by jawsburn
Hello again,
I regret to inform those concerned that the attempted "tape-tennis" cricket match was prospond due to weather related "non-compliance". It was a cold morning, yet not necessairily devoid of sunshine. However, my fellow cricket lovers voiced their resentment to a "hands-on" show of their vastly avertised (self-advertisement to be precise) cricketing talent.
In conclusion, I just want to say that I was there myself and yes, it was really cold!!
Thank you all for responding to my plea match and hope that in the near future we can actually pull off a match.

Edited on, February 19, 2005, 11:55 PM GMT, by jawsburn.

Edited on, February 19, 2005, 11:58 PM GMT, by jawsburn.

Don't be discouraged Jawsburn. It was a good effort, too bad the weather didn't cooperate. Try to arrange more games and let us know by posting here. Good job.