PDA

View Full Version : India vs Pakistan (1st Test)

Shehwar
March 8, 2005, 12:27 AM
India won the toss electing to field on a green-top & Pakistan struggling at 38-2..........Younis Khan given out lbw to a ball that pitched outside the legstumps....Cheers....

babubangla
March 8, 2005, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Shehwar
India won the toss electing to field on a green-top & Pakistan struggling at 38-2..........Younis Khan given out lbw to a ball that pitched outside the legstumps....Cheers....

Do you know of any site to watch the game live in USA for cheap

Shehwar
March 8, 2005, 12:37 AM
I'm afraid I don't bro.......I'm Watching it live on DD Sports in Bangladesh.......Take care....

Shehwar
March 8, 2005, 12:44 AM
Pakistan 52-2......Inzi looking in fine touch........cheers...

Mahir
March 8, 2005, 02:07 AM
will i get in trouble if i say that shehwar is a true Pakistan supporter ?

cricket_pagla_fan
March 8, 2005, 02:22 AM
well it looks like he iz a pakistani supporter!:lol:

Shehwar
March 8, 2005, 03:04 AM
I have no problem in saying that I'm a Pakistan supporter & Inzi is my cricket Idol since I started understanding cricket........

PS: Pakistan 137-4 (Inzi 49 n.o)...Cheers..

shujan
March 8, 2005, 05:38 AM
Whats the score now? 239/6 ?

Tintin
March 8, 2005, 05:46 AM
250/7. Akmal last man out.

Tintin
March 8, 2005, 07:17 AM
312 allout. Balaji took 5. I had thought that he would fail.

shujan
March 8, 2005, 07:49 AM
If Balaji is clicking then Pakistan is in deep trouble. India is looking good.

Fazal
March 8, 2005, 09:49 AM
Pakistan 312 allout....Cheers....

Faceoff
March 8, 2005, 09:59 AM
Link1 (http://rapidshare.de/files/802113/_PakMusic.net_-PakvsInd-Day1highlites-XVID-Codec-_BabaKhaan_.zip.html )

LInk2 (http://rapidshare.de/files/802122/_PakMusic.net_-PakvsInd-Day1highlites-XVID-Codec-_BabaKhaan_.avi.html)

Link3 (http://rapidshare.de/files/802122/_PakMusic.net_-PakvsInd-Day1highlites-XVID-Codec-_BabaKhaan_.avi.html )

Download as soon as you can. May not be there later on as its been hosted in one of those free servers.

Cheers.

DJ Sahastra
March 8, 2005, 12:12 PM
BBC says India has the edge on day 1.

Times of India says Pakistan took the honors on day 1.

What do Banglar fans have to say?

AsifTheManRahman
March 8, 2005, 12:19 PM
it's going to be very tight - that's what this banglar fan has to say.

AsifTheManRahman
March 8, 2005, 12:21 PM
wow...tomar signature e amar post...

anyways, i think the game is evenly poised and a comment on who's better off can only be made at the end of the second day.

however, i'd say pakistan would have wanted to bat longer instead of getting bundled out on the first day.

Fazal
March 8, 2005, 12:46 PM
>> Times of India says Pakistan took the honors on day 1.

They must be smoking something.

Anything below 350 and below '4 session batting innings (2nd day 1st session)' is not a good news for pakistan. Because India will score big ine the 1st innings and then Pakistan will be all out in the 4th day scoring 220+ something.

Shehwar
March 8, 2005, 01:06 PM
Yeah I also feel that Pakistan should have atleast scored 375......The Indians have a huge batting line up & are likely to put up a monumental score against a weak Pakistan bowling line up...However watch out for RANA - NAVED - UL - HASAN...Don't go by his looks...lolz....

Fazal
March 8, 2005, 02:01 PM
However watch out for RANA - NAVED - UL - HASAN...Don't go by his looks...lolz....

I thought he is a journeyman utility player and will vanish whenever Shabbir & Co. regain their fittness.

Anyway, I hope he has a long career like his long name.

AsifTheManRahman
March 8, 2005, 02:02 PM
my prediction - he'll burn the indian batsmen alive and then get lost forever.

Edited on, March 8, 2005, 7:02 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.
Reason: +"alive"

Spitfire_x86
March 8, 2005, 02:52 PM
The game is quite evenly balanced now, but India have the edge.

Tommorow's game will set the course of this match. Unless Pakistan can restrict India within 250 in the first innings, I see no chance for them.

Rana Naved-Ul-Hasan may take some wickets, but I think he's not going to get them without spending lots of runs and bowling many overs.

Edited on, March 8, 2005, 8:01 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.

chyicarus
March 8, 2005, 02:59 PM
Pakistan didn't get enough runs on the board. The first session is where the ball was moving quite a bit. After lunch, the bowlers weren't as effective, the batsmen shouldn't have given their wickets away.
There's no point in blaming the umpires for a couple of close calls- i just think the batsmen didn't apply themselves. I'm really getting fed up of Yousuf's lacklustre performance these days and he doesn't seem to bothered about it either. Asim Kamal really played well.
Ganguly needs to be severely reprimanded for slow over rate!
India should score 400+ unless Pakistan bowls really well. I feel Razzaq needs to put in a lot of effort this first innings!

Ameer
March 8, 2005, 05:27 PM
India took the honors in my opinion. Pakistan struggled to get 312 but that will not be hard at all for India with their strong experienced batting.

Pakistan's team is inexperienced, weak and unbalanced. It would be a miracle if they even manage to pull off a draw in these tests.

Akib
March 8, 2005, 05:32 PM
Well it was a really good begining.I wish Kamal get his century though. he and Inzi saved Pak otherwise they would hav 200 or less. I

shujan
March 8, 2005, 05:42 PM
India has the power to do a whitewash.

babubangla
March 8, 2005, 11:16 PM
If India get it going today.....Pakistan might even lose this match by innings.

Edited on, March 9, 2005, 4:16 AM GMT, by babubangla.

Shehwar
March 9, 2005, 02:25 AM
Agreed.....Indians have the batting depth to inflict innings defeat in every single of the three test matches....Infact..when u look at the two sides its a complete mismatch with India not only having a far more experienced side but also the advantage of playing at home.....So I feel a whitewash wud be normal.....However, the game is played on the ground and not on paper and STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...!!!.....

Spitfire_x86
March 9, 2005, 07:00 AM
Pakistan has lost the match, unless rain doesn't make it a draw.

India 184/1 after Day 2, Shewag 95*

Orpheus
March 9, 2005, 07:03 AM
Why a bd flag next to this thread? lack of flags or brain?

Shehwar
March 9, 2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Orpheus
Why a bd flag next to this thread? lack of flags or brain?

A bd flag next to this thread or any thread for that matter represents my passion for our country and our cricketers..I feel proud to use our flag anywhere possible and I usually use it in most of my posts...May I know what problems r u facing in me using a bd flag....?.....

reverse_swing
March 9, 2005, 08:33 AM
Really lame excuse! National flag is not a crummy thing that you can use everywhere. It will only depreciate its dignity. You should know where to use and how to use.

Shehwar
March 9, 2005, 08:38 AM
Fair enough....I did not say that I don't know where and how to us it....What I said was I use it anywhere POSSIBLE..!!!...So I do know the value of a national flag.....My point is..why is it bothering so many ppl in me using a national flag on an international thread....Is the international thread a crummy place..?????....I've used it so many times before u know.....Really weird responses I must admit..!!!

Akib
March 9, 2005, 09:06 AM
India destroyed Pak's bowling. Only Kaneria bowled well. I wonder if Sehwag can pull off what he did in Multan (309).

DJ Sahastra
March 9, 2005, 10:58 AM
Shewag'er Topgun'er maverick'der khela khelbe.

Now, after a priceless bangla sentence like that, i need some applause. :clap:

AsifTheManRahman
March 9, 2005, 11:00 AM
except that it doesn't make any sense

DJ Sahastra
March 9, 2005, 11:14 AM
Asif,

You break my heart.

I was saying "Shewag played like the Maverick of Topgun"

Maverick is the name of the character-role played by Tom Cruise in Topgun.

Please lemme know where i messed up. Damn, i thought i had got it all right!

AsifTheManRahman
March 9, 2005, 11:16 AM
Oh ok. my apologies. just remove the 'er from the end of Shewag and it should be fine. The 'er made all the difference.

AsifTheManRahman
March 9, 2005, 11:17 AM
alternative: Shewag Topgun'er Maverickder moto khelbe

AsifTheManRahman
March 9, 2005, 11:18 AM
however - both these sentences are in the future tense. according to your english version, they should be in the past. so here goes - Shewag Topgun'er Maverickder moto kheleche

Shehwar
March 9, 2005, 12:47 PM
Like they say.......CATCHES WIN MATCHES !.....That dropped chance of Sehwag on 15 is proving to be more than costly for Pakistan.....

chyicarus
March 9, 2005, 03:43 PM
Exactly, i agree with Shehwar, for an underdog team you should be able to make most of the chances presented to you and also convert the half chances. That is the only way Pakistan can stay competitive in this series, otherwise its a forgone conclusion!

Ameer
March 9, 2005, 05:21 PM
India is obviously the better team. Like I said after day one, it would be a miracle for Pakistan to even pull off a draw in these tests series.

Spitfire_x86
March 10, 2005, 01:54 AM
Pakistan is going to lose by innings

India 318/2 after Day 3- Lunch, Shewag 166*, Tendulkar 47*

Shehwar
March 10, 2005, 03:19 AM
India 344/3 at the moment.....Indians are not only a better team but are also having the luck going their way...A huge inside edge of Tendulkar was given not out off the bowling of Kaneria when the batsman was not even into double figures.....

shujan
March 10, 2005, 05:45 AM
India 401/4 tendulkar 86*

DJ Sahastra
March 10, 2005, 10:19 AM
Disappointing performance by Indian batsman!!!

:E:E:E

Navarene
March 10, 2005, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
Disappointing performance by Indian batsman!!!
Indeed! Only 110 runs were added in the last 47 overs (RR 2.3). Indian batsmen pathetically slowed down the run rate right after Sehwag was out.

AsifTheManRahman
March 10, 2005, 10:47 AM
i thought they'd get to 550 today and declare, and then have enough time to bowl the pakis out.

AsifTheManRahman
March 10, 2005, 10:49 AM
they scored at less than three per over today, as opposed to over four an over yesterday. i guess they'll still have enough time to wrap up a win by an inning anyways.

DJ Sahastra
March 10, 2005, 11:12 AM
Indain batsman ekta spineless batting kore. Chomotkor shot khelena.

Amar Motha kharap!!! :E:E:E

Fazal
March 10, 2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
Indain batsman ekta spineless batting kore. Chomotkor shot khelena.

Amar Motha kharap!!! :E:E:E

Mathat Kesu Asee Ni?

Spitfire_x86
March 10, 2005, 11:54 AM
Tendulkar's over cautious batting was a big negetive thing. It's bad for both him and his team.

Shehwar
March 10, 2005, 01:06 PM
But with a 135 run lead with still two days remaining...I'd be very disappointed if I was in Ganguli's shoes finishing the test without a victory.....From here on only rain can save Pakistan...Cheers....

Fazal
March 10, 2005, 01:18 PM
For a draw to happen, rain may be one. The others can be,

2. Ganguly and India's strategy. They had a very slow bowling rate and couldn't finish allotted 90 overs on time. In the third day run rate should have been much higher, and they could have batted allotted 90 overs rejecting bad light. I don't know how bad it was though. And all depends how they and accelerate the run rate in the 4th day and accelerate their bowling rate afterward.

3. Pakistan can play very cautiously during their 2nd innings, which is unlikely though. For example, they can change the batting order and let Asim Kamal bat in the 3th slot, who has better defense than Younis and play defensively from the beginning.

Shehwar
March 10, 2005, 01:26 PM
For Pakistan to play cautiously they need to know how to defend on the first place bro...!!.....Sadly they don't have a Javed Omar like we do...!!...Cheers.....

al
March 10, 2005, 01:47 PM
i think, the match is headed towards a draw. Top indian batmen are gone but if they still manage to score 500 before noon then bowl pakistan out by 2nd session(unlikely) then ganguly wins

Tintin
March 10, 2005, 01:57 PM
>> then bowl pakistan out by 2nd session(unlikely) then ganguly wins

It is only the third day. There are six sessions left.

al
March 10, 2005, 02:41 PM
>> then bowl pakistan out by 2nd session(unlikely) then ganguly wins

>>It is only the third day. There are six sessions left.

I mean second day, i guess you are a good proof reader

reverse_swing
March 10, 2005, 03:55 PM
I mean second day, i guess you are a good proof reader [/quote]

I'm really confused now.
What do u mean by second day? And how come this test match is headed towards draw? Could you pls explain? :-/

Fazal
March 10, 2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by rezwan1977
I'm really confused now.
What do u mean by second day? And how come this test match is headed towards draw? Could you pls explain? :-/

I think he ment the 5th day, which is 2nd day from now.

(I may be wrong though... :P)

reverse_swing
March 10, 2005, 04:02 PM
.oops: ok if he really meant that. :)

But draw :-/ how come?

Edited on, March 10, 2005, 9:04 PM GMT, by rezwan1977.

Fazal
March 10, 2005, 04:15 PM
With some help from mother nature, Ganguly and co. and some sensible batting, its possible (but not likely though)

Tintin
March 10, 2005, 04:23 PM
With some help from mother nature, Ganguly and co. and some sensible batting, its possible (but not likely though)

You have listed them in the descending order of possibility :)

al
March 10, 2005, 04:50 PM
you guys are awesome!!!. I had a blast reading the posts. I don't know what i am talking about. I meant end of 4th day ! Great proof reading. cheers

Edited on, March 10, 2005, 10:03 PM GMT, by al.

Fazal
March 11, 2005, 06:25 AM
Is Younis Khan Alok Kapali of Paksitan?

What he have done to be vc of PAK? Why is he even in #3 slot?:-/

Edited on, March 11, 2005, 6:13 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Shehwar
March 11, 2005, 11:31 AM
Alok & Younis ??????

Comparison ta ki thik holo ?......

shujan
March 11, 2005, 11:43 AM
pakistan will be all out in first session of the 5th day. India will reach the target comfortably in next 2 sessions.:saint:

Shehwar
March 11, 2005, 11:46 AM
Ha! Ha ! ....Thats a pretty safe prediction and most of us already know it......Tell us something we don't know...:exclamation:

al
March 11, 2005, 01:04 PM
>> Is Younis Khan Alok Kapali of Paksitan?

I think so

Fazal
March 11, 2005, 03:22 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/2005/03/12/2005-03-12__sports01.jpg

One is Happy, the other is worried.

Ameer
March 11, 2005, 04:52 PM
Pakistan will take the lead to about 100 odd runs... India will chase it with ease.

Pakistan needs to drop Khan... I have no clue why he is even on the team, let alone vice captain. I think they should bring in Shahid Afridi because they desperately need another bowler and he is a decent bowler with stamina.

Butt has turned out to be another Hameed.

Razzaq is definetely not test material.

Sami has failed to perform... I'm sure everyone is suprised LOL. Faking injuries or not, Shoaib is still much better then Sami.

The only positives are Asim, Inzamam, Yousuf and Kaneria.

Edited on, March 11, 2005, 9:53 PM GMT, by Ameer.

Bat-PadTogether
March 11, 2005, 05:57 PM
This damn Pak team sucks!!There blind team is better than this one.

shujan
March 11, 2005, 06:17 PM
Ha! Ha ! ....Thats a pretty safe prediction and most of us already know it......Tell us something we don't know...:exclamation:

Here is one prediction Pakistan will loose all the tests. Whitwash! Pakistan has no chance. Do you know that one too?

Edited on, March 11, 2005, 11:18 PM GMT, by shujan.

Ameer
March 11, 2005, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by shujan

Here is one prediction Pakistan will loose all the tests. Whitwash! Pakistan has no chance. Do you know that one too?

That's because they seem to only care about ODIs... and they use substandard players who are definetly not Test material... like Razzaq and Younis Khan.

I predict a 3-0 whitewash... as for ODIs... it can go either way...

Edited on, March 11, 2005, 11:21 PM GMT, by Ameer.

shujan
March 11, 2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Ameer

That's because they seem to only care about ODIs... and they use substandard players who are definetly not Test material... like Razzaq and Younis Khan.

Dude Pakistan team stink. There is no world class player in Pakistan beside Inzi. Maybe you can give it to Yosuf, thats it. After Wasim and Waqar pakistan did not produce a single world class player.

ODI prediction Pakistan will loose the series. May be they can sneak one or two.

Cric_Obsessed_Dr.
March 11, 2005, 06:46 PM
Hi guys! Is there anyway you can watch these games on the Web?

I can't watch it on TV as my Cable's not showing it.

Thanks!

Ameer
March 11, 2005, 07:28 PM

Dude Pakistan team stink. There is no world class player in Pakistan beside Inzi. Maybe you can give it to Yosuf, thats it. After Wasim and Waqar pakistan did not produce a single world class player.

ODI prediction Pakistan will loose the series. May be they can sneak one or two.

No use even arguing with you. If you have opinions like that, it's obvious you are biased against Pakistan.

Navarene
March 11, 2005, 07:30 PM
For live streaming the video try any of the following links:

http://fdmuftatv6.no-ip.org:8000/stream.nsv

http://fdmuftatv5.no-ip.org:8000/stream.nsv

http://fdmuftatv3.no-ip.org:8000/stream.nsv

http://4r54w.no-ip.org:8000/stream.nsv

http://4f4f4f223.no-ip.org:8000/stream.nsv

Not sure if it will work for tomorrow, but it was working today. You need winamp to stream the video. You can get it from www.winamp.com

Get the full version from there. Then open winamp and press CTRL+L and then paste any of the above url's to enter. Good luck!

BangladeshFan
March 11, 2005, 07:38 PM
india is definitely better than pakistan, and its not only in tests but i think in one dayers as well. pakistan needs some talisman, someone like afridi. but i am an indian fan and like to see india dominate pakistan, so my opinions may be biased.

Tintin
March 11, 2005, 07:40 PM
For those who can't access Navarene's links, the audio at http://rs3.radiostreamer.com:8140 works properly. It is another of Marco's streams.

shujan
March 11, 2005, 07:59 PM

No use even arguing with you. If you have opinions like that, it's obvious you are biased against Pakistan.

dude you have no point to argue. I am not biased. i am just saying the facts. A pakistani told me this. Those comments were exactly what he said.

Edited on, March 12, 2005, 1:01 AM GMT, by shujan.

Ameer
March 11, 2005, 08:40 PM

dude you have no point to argue. I am not biased. i am just saying the facts. A pakistani told me this. Those comments were exactly what he said.

Edited on, March 12, 2005, 1:01 AM GMT, by shujan.

I wasn't disagreeing with you on them being a lousy team, especially in tests. But to say they haven't produced anything since Imran and Wasim is just plain idiotic.

Cric_Obsessed_Dr.
March 11, 2005, 08:44 PM
Thanks Navarene and Tintin; I just downloaded Winamp. I guess I will try these links when the play begins. Thanks again!!!

shujan
March 11, 2005, 11:52 PM

I wasn't disagreeing with you on them being a lousy team, especially in tests. But to say they haven't produced anything since Imran and Wasim is just plain idiotic.

ok! who is there beside Inzy who can fall into Sachin Dravid, Flintof, Ponting, Imran catagory? Inzy was there with Wasim and Waqar. I didnot say wasim and Imran. After wasim who is the world class player coming from Pakistan??

Fazal
March 12, 2005, 01:25 AM
Good fightback by Razzak and Akmal so far. PAK is 367/6 so far with 163 runs lead and 64 overs left.

Shehwar
March 12, 2005, 01:35 AM

Pakistan 369/6 at lunch....still within a chance of saving this test match......Akmal 75* and SUBSTANDARD Razzaq 44*......Cheers...

Fazal
March 12, 2005, 01:47 AM
<b>"Yet, no Indian who was part of the unforgettable triumph in Kolkata's Eden Gardens four years ago would ever take a cricket match for granted again, and in the shape of Abdul Razzaq, Mohammad Sami and Danish Kaneria, Pakistan have the individuals who have the ability to write their name in backs-to-the-wall legend.
If Razzaq, who has batted far more responsibly than usual, can inspire Kamran Akmal and Sami to add another 100 runs, India could face a banana-skin-strewn path to victory.
" by Dileep Premachandran, Cricinfo</b>

Ja rotte tha Majhe Majhe Ghotte. Even though it may be too early for Pak to celebrate, but you never know... so far today, the symptoms are not good for India.

Shehwar
March 12, 2005, 01:52 AM
U bet !

cricman
March 12, 2005, 01:53 AM
if india can get akram in the next 10-15 overs i think they''ll win

Fazal
March 12, 2005, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by cricman
if india can get <b>akram </b>in the next 10-15 overs i think they''ll win
:-/

Shehwar
March 12, 2005, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by cricman
if india can get akram in the next 10-15 overs i think they''ll win

yeah...u wish.....!

Ameer
March 12, 2005, 02:04 AM

Pakistan 369/6 at lunch....still within a chance of saving this test match......Akmal 75* and SUBSTANDARD Razzaq 44*......Cheers...

OK grow up guy... you were just talking about how lousy Pakistan is... and now you make a comment like this? I meant substandard as in he's not test material. But if this is not a one time only thing... then maybe he can. He needs to work on his bowling though. It seems he bowls the same thing over and over again... no variation.

cricman
March 12, 2005, 02:05 AM
if they get akram they'll face a target of 215-230 w/ 35+ overs to go if they they lose thw wickets early then its a draw but w/ india's lineup dont think so

cricman
March 12, 2005, 02:06 AM
akmal sorry guys

Shehwar
March 12, 2005, 02:10 AM

OK grow up guy... you were just talking about how lousy Pakistan is... and now you make a comment like this? I meant substandard as in he's not test material. But if this is not a one time only thing... then maybe he can. He needs to work on his bowling though. It seems he bowls the same thing over and over again... no variation.

Ha! Ha! Just wanted to catch u wrongfooted bro.....I knew wot u meant.....take care....

Fazal
March 12, 2005, 02:10 AM
Next one hour will deside if IND will win or it will be a draw. Pak need to extend the lead to 200+, but more importantly need bat 20-25 more overs.

al
March 12, 2005, 02:13 AM
i agree. its getting very interesting

Ameer
March 12, 2005, 02:32 AM
alright shelwar... no hard feelings bro.

Pakistan needs to keep this up and a draw will be pretty imminent. Wow, who would have thought that a draw could be possible after day four?

Fazal
March 12, 2005, 03:02 AM
K Akmal is 103 * and still batting :up:

Pak have now 216 run lead. 4 wickets on hand. 49 overs left.

Pak RR is higher than IND RR. Isnt it funny? Also IND dropped atleast three dropped catch today. This is called missed opportunity for India.

Fazal
March 12, 2005, 03:29 AM
Ind finally got the break through. Getting interesting again...

al
March 12, 2005, 04:17 AM
yes. interesting game.Now, lead of almost 250 runs for pak and 34 overs remaining. draw is on the horizon.
250-260 runs in 34 overs unlikely for india that is if the remainig two batsmen goes soon. cricket is unpredictable and so is pakistani team. balaji again proved himself as a star. good for him. who would have thought this late turn around in the game. next game will be more competitive if this pattern follows

Edited on, March 12, 2005, 9:18 AM GMT, by al.

Edited on, March 12, 2005, 9:20 AM GMT, by al.

Sam
March 12, 2005, 05:31 AM
It's no more interesting now. It's heading toward a tame draw. All credit goes to Akmal and Abdur Razzaq. But the 9th and last pair also did a good job.
With a lead of 292 Pakistan has declared, but Shehwag could not play as expected from him.

shujan
March 12, 2005, 07:02 AM
Congrat pakistan! They were maganged to save their skin.

Tintin
March 12, 2005, 07:16 AM
Brilliant comeback by Pakistan, though it hurts to say it

Spinner
March 12, 2005, 08:30 AM
One of the amazing comebacks in Pakistan Cricket. A new star on the horizon, Kamran Akmal.:great:

Akib
March 12, 2005, 08:54 AM
Yes Akmal has a future. Pak played well for this draw. I only wished that there was a winner.

Fazal
March 12, 2005, 09:41 AM
In this game,

Some players made things happen (Sehwag, Balaji, Akmal , Akmal, Razzaq , Kaneria, etc)

Some players saw things happend ( Tendulkar, Youhana, etc)

And some players just said "what happened, what happened?"

Who are the nomineees for the last catagories?

My selections are Butt, Younis Khan & and ofcourse Mr. Ganguly.

Shehwar
March 12, 2005, 09:51 AM
Agreed.....Indians have the batting depth to inflict innings defeat in every single of the three test matches....Infact..when u look at the two sides its a complete mismatch with India not only having a far more experienced side but also the advantage of playing at home.....So I feel a whitewash wud be normal.....However, the game is played on the ground and not on paper and STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED...!!!.....

I SIMPLY LOVE STRANGE THINGS !!!

Ameer
March 12, 2005, 11:32 AM
Awesome comeback... it seems India vs Pakistan matches always bring out a new hero for Pakistan. The last time they faced, they brought out Salman and now Akmal as well as Kamal.

A draw it was but an entertaining one... such a good five days of cricket... I wish there was a result.

AsifTheManRahman
March 12, 2005, 12:07 PM
very depressing for the indians - they should've been able to win this one. all credit to pakistan - those two were exceptional. i mean scoring a century against a team like india on a fifth day of a test match on a green top especially when you're so new to test cricket, and that too so lower down the order, is not a matter of joke. with two tests left in this series (am i right?), this is getting interesting.

chyicarus
March 12, 2005, 03:35 PM
completely agree with Asif,......India had the upperhand in at least 90% of the sessions except for the final day. It seemed like they were a toothless attack. ppl were saying Pak had a weak bowling team- but in this case Ind's bowling attack couldn't come up with the goods. Come to imagine, they couldn't get Pak out(allout) in almost 2 complete days(since the end of the third day).
I haven't seen the match- so can't really say who is to be blamed here- but i think Ganguly needs to be a little less conservative in his approach. I still can't understand the mystery of not scoring fast enough in the post lunch session on the 3rd day.
I praise Razzaq more than anyone else for keeping cool and not belching at the bowling which he tends to do. Very mature show by him- shows that he's a thinking cricketer.
I think Ind needs to find a genuine all-rounder, like Shastri, Prabhakar, Kapil!

Bat-PadTogether
March 12, 2005, 04:03 PM
Forget White wash.Pak gonna win the series 2-0

Bat-PadTogether
March 12, 2005, 04:06 PM
Any Live Video Free?I watched live video on Day 1 at a link from mufta tv(www.pakmusic.com ).But there was no Video for the rest of 4 days.What a comeback by Pakistan.Great pat of Razzaq /Akmal.