PDA

View Full Version : 11 Feb 2003 - BAN vs CAN - WC2003 - ODI

Sham
February 11, 2003, 07:18 AM
Canada wins toss, ELECTS TO BAT

We are bowling first, which means that we will have to chase under lights. Well we did it against KZN so we should be alright. We do need to restrict them to under 220 though.

Edited on, May 9, 2005, 12:49 PM GMT, by radicalsami.

James90
February 11, 2003, 07:24 AM
Wait one thing says Canada's batting another says Canada's bowling

James90
February 11, 2003, 07:41 AM
Where the hell's the commentary :mad:

Sham
February 11, 2003, 07:59 AM
We got the dangerman, bowled by Masri for 8!! Great start!

Orpheus
February 11, 2003, 08:02 AM
GOD THESE COMMENTATORS GONNA MAKE ME PUKE!!!! so boorriiinngggg......
Well me go to class, can't take this slow game.... Manjurul just missed a run out (sagol)

James90
February 11, 2003, 08:08 AM
I got the swimming carnival in 6 yrs....better get some sleep

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 08:10 AM
we have shamim chowdhury on now, that's nice.

trhere was a certain edge in masri's first over, don't know why it was not given. mnju missed a run out, we need a wicket to keep them unsettled

canadians don't look so good actually, i was hoping we would bat first and get a big innings - possibly our only big innings of the tournament? hope one is not required now that the canadians are batting first!

Sham
February 11, 2003, 08:28 AM
Canada is doing quite well. Unless we take some wickets, it looks like they will set us a decent score to chase. They are going at about 4 an over, little less.

Sham
February 11, 2003, 08:33 AM
Maraj out, caught Hossain, bowled Baisya for 24!

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 08:41 AM
first tme for me watching some of the new bowlers on tv. here are some averge speeds so far:

masri: 83-87 mph
manju 80-82 mph
tapash 78-80 mph

mcgrath and gillespie were bowling round 89 mph aginst pakistan, bret lee around 95!

chumney is chutney, he's gone, run out.

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 08:50 AM
tapash is bowling some crap depsite getting a wicket. may not be his day unless he changes something soon

Sham
February 11, 2003, 08:53 AM
Yeah, he is getting hammered. Time to take him off, give him some time to reflect and bring him back on a little later. Maybe he needs a change of end or something.

Sham
February 11, 2003, 09:01 AM
Hey, Pilot listened to me. Bravo! He took Baisya off and brought Sanwar on, who has given only 2 runs in his first 2 overs! Canada 84 for 3 after 20.

Sham
February 11, 2003, 09:11 AM
Harris for 4 runs. Good job. They are still going at a decent run rate but we may bowl them out.

Piranha
February 11, 2003, 09:20 AM
I just got hold of a PC. Anyone getting anything live? HVB doesn't wrok for me and CricInfo is slow as hell.

105-5 sounds like a decent position for us at this time. We have to keep taking wickets.

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 09:27 AM
i think bbc or wisden is better - they may be giving audio on wisden.

anyway, let me say something about shamim chowdhury. the guy sucks, i could have given better commentary. on the world stage, he could be a little more engaging, give some background on the bangladeshi players, state of cricket there, etc. no, he can barely describe the action, using a seried of cliches and otherwise stammering in that annoying fake "british" accent of his! i wish they throw him out of the commentary box after this game. idiot.

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 09:29 AM
a real disgrace would be for bilcliff to get a half century. he is on 36 now.

Piranha
February 11, 2003, 09:37 AM
We need to get him out soon.

Why isn't anyone on chat? I checked in a couple of time, and found no one...please some by if you are around:)

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 09:37 AM
i just cannot believe how awful shamim chowdhury is. even the south african commentator has something to say about kapali's bowling from the south africa tour. with chowdhury there are long periods of slience followed by gibberish, how do you guys who watch him regularly in dhaka put up with him?

Sham
February 11, 2003, 09:38 AM
We need to get Billcliff and Sattaur. These two might cause us problems. Rafiq and Sanwar have done a great job so far.

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 09:42 AM
he hit a 6 but you see he cannot play spin. there have been no long partnerships so we do need a breakthrough here to break up this one. glad to see pilot use sanuar early today.

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 09:47 AM
kapali gets sattaur. his leg got in the way of his bat!

but the other bloke is threatening to score 50!

Piranha
February 11, 2003, 09:49 AM
Rafiq Bhai, you have obviously not seen/heard enough of the BD commentators. Every time they open their mouth, lots of people feel like tearing out their hair....thats just the way it is unfortunately.
If it is of any consolation, let me tell you that Shamim happens to be one of the slightly *better* commies. So be 'glad' that you are hearing someone even more revolting ;)

Sham
February 11, 2003, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I was just about to say that. Shamim is the best guy we have. Atleast he speaks English to a decent standard. The rest are jokes.

Sham
February 11, 2003, 09:57 AM
Sanwar : 26 for 2 in 10 overs! Great stuff!

Piranha
February 11, 2003, 09:59 AM
Hooray...now we need to show real profesionalism withe their tail:)

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 10:00 AM
excellent fielding by hannan to get rid of bilcliff before he got his 50. sanwar had some good figures - 26-2

i know what you mean by shamim chowdhury. but as you say, his only redeeming feature seems to be being able to speak english. could he have done some homework before the tournament and used this opportunity to shine? i think so, but he was probably too lazy to prepare for it.

hey, are you watching pakistan. their scoreline is similar to canada's, who will do better?

goodf to see masri come back.

Sham
February 11, 2003, 10:04 AM
Billcliff run out for 42! 135 for 7 after 37. Hopefully we will bowl them out for below 170!

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 10:14 AM
masri bowled 84.2 mph on that last wicket

cn we get them under 150?

Sham
February 11, 2003, 10:17 AM
Masri gets his second, this one bowled as well!

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 10:26 AM
for once he is not getting smashed. bowling very well indeed. having these llrounder spinners give bangladesh an edge at least against the weaker teams. how well does kenya play spin?

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 10:27 AM
finally rafiq gets a lbw call

Sham
February 11, 2003, 10:32 AM
Thurasingam out LBW to Rafiq. 159 for 9!

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 10:36 AM
masri was taken off after getting his wicket. now we have 2 spinners - here goes pilot again.

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 10:53 AM
spectacular catch by tapash off manju in the last over. too many runs for canada for my liking, but at least we got them all out, everyone got wickets. the spinners bowled 30 overs, may be a first?

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 10:54 AM
what the heck did pilot just say in his interview? wish he would slow down when he speaks in english.

Sham
February 11, 2003, 10:57 AM
We bowled them out for 180, we should have got them earlier. Anyway, not a bad bowling performance by BD overall. Our three spinner combined bowled 30 overs and took 4 wickets for only 79! That is brilliant, hope they can take this form into the next couple of games. Monju was his usual consistent self. Tapash was very expensive, and Masri got hit for a few boundaries as well, but I am quite happy with our performance on the field. Now, we need to go out there and get these runs with minimum wicket loss.

Pundit
February 11, 2003, 10:58 AM
In my opinion, they are 20-25 runs in surplus. Looks like our name brand bowlers cannot get minnows out for under 150 or so. How much has really changed ? I hope the batsmen make up for this with no more than 2-3 wics lost.

With this bowling, SL, WI, SA are going to eat us over lunch ! Only consolation is that maybe they lost their inspiration at the end, but its not that we had already posted 300+.

Masri's sundries are too much for comfort.

Hoping for a 85+ score from Rokon.

Nasif
February 11, 2003, 11:15 AM
I am not happy. We should have restricted them to 160 runs. Bowling was pretty crappy today, with too many wides. Rafique's wides were unbearable. Masri wasn't bowling too fast, put on some sort of straps on knees. Anyway, Canada got some 30+ runs by just being lucky.

[Edited on 11-2-2003 by nasif]

Tehsin
February 11, 2003, 11:18 AM
The spinners did a great job but would someone explain to me why a seasoned campaigner like Rafique bowled those wides when there were NO PRESSURE on our bowlers ? Seriously, what gives ? Masri got hit for a few 4's but most of them were just lucky nicks. I expected more speed but after watching the speed of other "BIG' stars, his 83-87 does not look too bad. He just needs to hit those woodwork or atleast aim for it.

Manju did not look that impressive. case in point, he couldn't even bowl to line against the two tails and almost went for a 6 before Kapali came and rescued us from more embarrasment.

Watching Sattaur (someone called him a threat after looking at Canada's prepraration match scorecard) bat was excruciating. If we kept him till the end, Canada would have been all out for 140-150. Haven't seen such a parar cricketer on international pitches. Even his own tailenders looked more comfortable out there. Also, he looked like he's a motel owner with grown kids.

Kapali - bravo ... Sanwar - all rounder ? Maybe not, but di dbetter then Rafique when it came to line and extras. However, none of them could generate much turn (pitch maybe?), thank god Canada has such bad players. On that note, it's a shame that the match went into the 50th over and their last wicket scored 21 runs. Awful shame. If we batted first and had a good lead, I would have given tapash another chance to redeem himself.

Fielding was very good except for that first run. The fielder got the ball and casually threw the ball back into the 30 yards (not to a teammate) and they scored couple of extra runs. Canada's indecision and our speed got the better of their two promising (not age wise) players. Good to see none scored a 50. Now, all matches till this one had a centurian so it's turn for someone to keep up the tons. This can't be the only match without a century, can it ?

Zobair
February 11, 2003, 11:32 AM
...and scenarios....

1. Al-Shahriyar comes in to bat...and blasts the G8 nation back into stone-age....

2. Habibul Bashar comes out of his shell...and confounds everyone..

3. Ehsanul finishes the 'unfinished ton' after a couple of early hiccups...

4. Kapali is left to pick up the tab with Captain Cool after a familiar top-order collapse...

aahhh...delicious....

Sham
February 11, 2003, 11:45 AM
It is obvious that a couple of you haven't watched Bangladesh play in a while. Who said we needed to be under pressure to bowl wides? The point is, the SA wickets are brilliant for batting. Just look the first innings scores of the 4 previous games, a couple of 300s and a couple of high 200s. We bowled Canada out for 180, which will probably be good enough to win the match without much of a sweat. Be happy guys. The next five BD games will give you enough to want to tear your hair out for, so enjoy today.

DOORBIN
February 11, 2003, 12:09 PM
TIME : 4 AM AT NIGHT
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
BANGLADESH VS CANADA
O YA

Here I come
To show you some
CHAPABAJI AAR KI ?
ETO RAAT TATE KI ?

Being another Bangladeshi player, I am also playing my world cup from this part of the world. Oh yeah!!!

MY GAME IS CHAPABAJI...

My CHAPAs travels long distance, crosses international borders, and goes faster than Concordes.

Win against Canada
Should be EEEZY

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 12:18 PM
is bowling faster than masri, around 85. rokon out to a rash shot. bashar looking uncomfortable against pace. again, making the game harder than it should. i would like a win by 7 wickets, but it may be by only 3

Zobair
February 11, 2003, 12:25 PM
well...

there goes one likely centurion...

One person I didn't reckon with was Sarkar...probably, stung by MY indifference, he is out to prove that he can do it oo....;)

Good luck to him

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 12:26 PM
footwork-less hannan is scoring runs today, while bashar looks very tentative. bashar does not inspire any confidence at the crease, our only test-class batsman?

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 12:32 PM
and bashar goes for a duck, slashing outside the off. i feel that it's just as well, now maybe we can see some positive batting

Zobair
February 11, 2003, 12:36 PM
may be they should take bashar off for a couple of matches and bring ashraful in instead...ashraful must be itching to prove himself...and bashar will come back with a bang...when recalled...

Sham
February 11, 2003, 12:41 PM
A duck against Canada! Bashar needs to be dropped. I mean, they keep dropping Ashraful because he keeps slashing and pulling, but by those standards, Sumon is a much bigger culprit, and he should be held to a higher standard because he is a much more experienced batsman than Ash. If they justify dropping Ash because despite of instructions, he plays too many shots, they should ban Sumon from the team.

deshitrader
February 11, 2003, 12:41 PM
Bangladesh 46-2
Really had hoped for something better.
If this keeps up, the unthinkable may not be so far away...I dare not spell it out.

deshitrader
February 11, 2003, 12:45 PM
Bangladesh 46-3
I am thinking of quitting the rest of the world cup.

cluster11
February 11, 2003, 12:46 PM
Hannan just got out. It seemed kind of premature to cry out for centuries against Canada. One should never take the opponent lightly, especially in a World Cup match. I just hope the rest of the batsman are not in such "win-easy" mood. We need to win a game here first, not worry about how BIG a margin we win it by before we reach a winnable position.

rafiq
February 11, 2003, 01:02 PM
cluster, we want to break the world record losing streak today, so you are right. but since we win one game every couple of years, some of us were hoping for a more stylish victory against the only team who are weaker than us in the group. make sense?

sham, i was thinking the same thing about ash.

Piranha
February 11, 2003, 01:03 PM
Eid Mubarak Everyone! I just came back from Eid prayers and I see this...BD 71/3 after 14. Quite dissapointing that we have lost three wickets already.

Bashar should be dropped immediately. He has had more than enough chances .

deshitrader
February 11, 2003, 01:13 PM
A loss to Canada does not seem too far a cry at this point. Very very disappointing.

DOORBIN
February 11, 2003, 01:27 PM
Alok Kapali - 13*
Sanwar Hossain - 21*

Hoping this partnership survives for at least another 10 overs...............

deshitrader
February 11, 2003, 01:31 PM
Apnekay bollam gotho kal...kichoo slogun dan, koekta hojamal dan, excitement goray toolen. apne kichoo korlen na....taai ajkay ay obostha.

Zobair
February 11, 2003, 01:33 PM
sanwar gone...

up to kapali and Captain Cool...

Guys! we need you!!!!!!!

Cricket46
February 11, 2003, 01:33 PM
What kind of batting is that against a team like Canada? Who needs to score at 5 runs an over? Making me mad. I am out on Eid visits to people's places, but will ceratinly not go to the party at night if Bangladesh loses. Eid Mubarak to all the people in this board.

I have not lost hope, just too stressed. Have faith in Sanwar, Kapali, Pilot et. al.
Just scared thinking about the worst. 106 for 4 and Sanwar and Kapali are playing well.

Zobair
February 11, 2003, 01:34 PM
BD run rate is 5.27...RR is 2.57.....

whats the bloody hurry?!?!?!?!??!

deshitrader
February 11, 2003, 01:41 PM
A country of 130 million cannot find 5 batsmen on whom we can depend.

Cricket46
February 11, 2003, 01:41 PM
Oh my God! 108 for 6. I hope I can bear the pain of the ultimate disaster.

Nasif
February 11, 2003, 01:43 PM
We should stop playing cricket. Its an insult.

I am not going to watch the match anymore. They lost. thats it.

Shala f**k this sh*t

Cricket46
February 11, 2003, 01:43 PM
108 for 7? This is a bad dream, right? We are not playing Canada right? Oh God!

DOORBIN
February 11, 2003, 01:49 PM
Top order collapse
Team collapse

Is Md Rafique an all rounder?

Cricket46
February 11, 2003, 02:02 PM
I can't believe it 119 for 9 against Canada. By the time this post is up may be we will be all out.

In one of the sites Odumbe said they are genuinely better than Bangladesh. If I had any doubts earlier - now I don't.

deshitrader
February 11, 2003, 02:08 PM
It was nice talking to you all on this forum....

I really wish I hadn't said a word to my non-Bangladeshi friends about being excited about watching the Bangladesh world cup matches.

Zobair
February 11, 2003, 02:12 PM
this one was one disgusting match...
that is right...DISGUSTING
I am pissed as hell....
what was that all about?!??!?!??!?!?!
what the %^%^?!?!?
stay away from em...for I WILL BITE & KILL....
what an EID gift?!....
Thanks you gentlemen... thanx a bunch....

Tehsin
February 11, 2003, 02:20 PM
Just to counter the rigging allegations on the BD vs Pak match, I declare that this match was rigged. Come on now, we've know kapali and Pilot for how long ? And how many times have they brought us back from the dead ?

(My world cup is over ... I guess on March 1, it will be curtains on our test status as Pilot and the rest of the players will declare themselves unfit to breathe the very air that more deserving teams like Kenya and CANADA - who knew this day would come - breathes.)

We lost by 60 runs to a team who ha donly ONE practice match in the sun, had spent six months practicing indoors while KEEPING a day job. What does that say about our PROFESSIONAL players who don't even have to lift a finger or worry about their bank balances at the end of each month. :(

Pundit
February 11, 2003, 03:02 PM
Poor H_fan, he was so youthful, inncocent, full of spunk...and unfounded patriotism...

...why did we have to lose him like this ?

Keep on searching, my young friend. Surely, one day if Lord Menzeis permits, you will discover that we Bengalis are good at something !!

DOORBIN
February 11, 2003, 04:34 PM
deshitrader, habibul_fan and others,

Please don't go away. Please stay.
It will happen. It will have to happen.
Things like this do happen in cricket.

Look at the other upsets that have happened. West Indies beating South Africa and Sri Lanka beating New Zealand.....

Please don't go away. At least, we have an ADDA here at banglacricket.com......

Cricket46
February 11, 2003, 05:52 PM
That is what I was saying earlier. Why should we go away? I don't think any of you younger guys are angrier than I am. For the love of this game and team I do a lot of adjusting, and this is what I get. It will take me till Friday to get over this. Surely I will be following the game on Friday again and hoping against hope. Truly, how bad can it get from here on.

Tehsin
February 11, 2003, 11:33 PM
it's our country, our game, they can go kiss their sweet arses goodbye, retire from cricket, do something so we don;'t have to see half of their faces again.

Time for bringing in Ashraful. He is young, if he fishes for a ball, great, he is 18, not 30 like the old fart Sumon. What the heck was SANWAR trying to do when he opened himself up for one of the worst LBW I've seen in my life. Well, i have seen it in my parar cricket (me being a spinner and all) from guyz who came to play cause they wanted to LEARN about cricket.