PDA

View Full Version : South Africa v Zimbabwe - Test 2

Fazal
March 11, 2005, 10:12 AM
Streak & Blignaut saved the day for Zimbabwe from another humiliation. From 115/7 , they are now 269/9.

allrounder
March 11, 2005, 10:37 AM
I wonder how Streak feels, he is basically doing both batting and bowling for the team. Also how the rest of the players feel playing with Streak and Blignaut.

Shehwar
March 11, 2005, 11:42 AM
Just goes to show the class of Streak and Blignaut.....I wonder why Travis Friend hasn't returned....If I'm not mistaken then right now hez playing in the same club in which Bulbul is playing in Australia...

al
March 11, 2005, 01:06 PM
ZIM needs flowers to be in the team as well

AsifTheManRahman
March 11, 2005, 01:09 PM
<a href = "http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/MAR/203053_RSAZIM2004-05_11MAR2005.html"> link </a>

now cricinfo's having a bash at the zims :)

babubangla
March 11, 2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
<a href = "http://usa.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/MAR/203053_RSAZIM2004-05_11MAR2005.html"> link </a>
now cricinfo's having a bash at the zims :)

I would rather blame the south African's for making the Zimbabwian look silly. They should have played this match seriously. Now even if Zimbabwe plays well, it will be credited to "SA Players leaving field for rest".

Tintin
March 11, 2005, 01:33 PM
They should have played this match seriously.

Well, are we able to take it seriously ? If the match was available on TV, I don't know how many of us will watch it.

babubangla
March 11, 2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Tintin

They should have played this match seriously.

Well, are we able to take it seriously ? If the match was available on TV, I don't know how many of us will watch it.

Yes, it is possible.
When Bangladesh play other test nations, I take it seriously too. If we can digest poor show of Bangladesh team, we can seriously digest the poor zimbabwe show too. There is no problem taking Zimbabwe match seriously. I am sure some where in the world some people taking this match seriously, just like us we take our matches seriously.

Let alone the crowd and TV watchers.
SA team have the responsibility to play respectable cricket.
If you are powerful, show it and destroy your opponent. But you dont have to disrecpect your opponent by bringing your team physio on the filed as player in a test match.

Spitfire_x86
March 11, 2005, 02:32 PM
I watch BD cricket matches because I'm Bangladeshi and BD supporter. Otherwise I would never want to see BD Test/ODI matches.

Akib
March 11, 2005, 03:37 PM
Zim is playing much better now. There are 2 reasons for their position. Streak being there and Ntini and Pollock not being there.

Cric_Obsessed_Dr.
March 11, 2005, 09:23 PM
Although Zim will loose, they showed a lot of courage and optimism in the 2nd innigs of the 1st test after being bowled out for 54. This should not go unnoticed. Again they posted 269 (you may call it a gift from SA), but the fact of the matter is that they did post that many runs. They didn't allow their failure to demoralze them.

Akib
March 11, 2005, 10:26 PM
Yes that is what is good about Zim;s test failiures. Losses dont get to them.

Akib
March 11, 2005, 11:18 PM
I wonder why SA took of their main bowlers. They should hav jus finished them off. tehn give bowlers rest while batters bat.

Navarene
March 12, 2005, 05:50 AM
SA is now 2 down for 162 at lunch. A much better performence by Zimbabwe compared to first test. I'd love to see them grab a few quick wickets and give a right slap on SA's face for their being arrogant.

Shehwar
March 12, 2005, 10:20 AM
SA 338/5 at the moment....leading by 69.....cheers

AsifTheManRahman
March 12, 2005, 12:14 PM
i think all this talk about zim being good at milking low class bowling is utter crap. if the SA's can't produce second string bowlers who can dominate in a similar (if not same) way to the national team ones, then they're the ones who have problems in their infrastructure.

Akib
March 12, 2005, 12:16 PM
Sa have played well under the circumstances (most bowlers are injured). I think the match will be over tommorow unless Streak does something about it.

fwullah
March 13, 2005, 11:50 AM
If the match was available on TV, I don't know how many of us will watch it.

I'm watching it - for the sake of Bangladesh as we have played Zimbabwe recently and its nice to know how the players of Zimbabwe are doing right after playing against us.

Moreover, I've been more keener and more interested to see Zimbabwe's performance against South Africa rather than of India-Pakistan's, because we're not facing either India or Pakistan soon.

For the same reason, I was interested to see Australia-New Zealand ODI series (but not so - the test series).

Akib
March 13, 2005, 11:53 AM
Well game is over. Zodenki destories Zimbabwe and they lose by innings and 62 runs.

fwullah
March 13, 2005, 11:54 AM
ZIM needs flowers to be in the team as well

I think Andy Flower would have been on the verge of his retirement had he been in Zimbabwe team right now (he's 35/36), along with Grant Flower who is a couple of years younger than Andy Flower, but given Grant Flower's form, I'm not too sure how long they would have kept Grant Flower in the team with his poor form - just remember that the full strength Zimbabwe team did lose to Kenya.

Spitfire_x86
March 13, 2005, 03:35 PM
Now it's proven than Zimbo can score only 150 against full strength 2nd string SA bowling attack, and gets bundled out below 100 against full strength 1st string SA bowling attack