PDA

View Full Version : Bevan=Bradman?

James90
March 11, 2005, 09:58 PM
This week Michael Bevan hit his 8th century of the domestic summer taking his run tally to over 1400 and stretched his average further over 100. Is there any stopping him? Tasmania sure did well to buy him.

I was one of few who didn't like Bevan and called for him to be dropped for years. However when he's in form and determined he's great. I'll never forget his 100 against New Zealand to pull off a dramatic victory from a lost situation.

Pura Cup 04/05 Runs (http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/AUS_LOCAL/PC/STATS/PC_2004-05_BAT_MOST_RUNS.html)

Akib
March 11, 2005, 10:25 PM
There is no way you can compare Bevan to Bradman. Bradman's closest rival isTendulkar . And there is no way Bevan is better than tendulkar. When Bradman scoers he destroys teh bowling. Getting a century in every 3 tests.

Although Bevan is playing really well right now he is nothing compared to Bradman,.

Ameer
March 11, 2005, 11:38 PM
No. Not even worth discussing.

AsifTheManRahman
March 12, 2005, 12:01 AM
hehe james. this is like one of those "is rokon better than my grandma" type posts. :)

no offense dude. :)

James90
March 12, 2005, 12:08 AM
Did you seriously think I was saying Bevan is better than Bradman? No way in the world, I was just commenting on his Bradman-like season

AsifTheManRahman
March 12, 2005, 12:09 AM
no i wasnt. i was referring exclusively to the title, not the content :)

come on - i know u better than to assume you'd say anything like that :)

Edited on, March 12, 2005, 5:10 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

Spinner
March 12, 2005, 08:24 AM
I personally think Michael Bevan was one of the best players in one day cricket. He was the first specialized one day cricketer. Remember that innings he played in dhaka of 184 against the Asian XI. Outstanding innings. When he is in form it is impossible to get him out. He can win the toughest of matches. He hasone of the best average of one day batting. Most of the time he would finish his innings not out.

Akib
March 12, 2005, 08:55 AM
Oh i see what you are trying to say. The title confused me. It showed that you thought Bevan was comparable to Bradman.

Edited on, March 12, 2005, 1:56 PM GMT, by aka.

Shehwar
March 12, 2005, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by aka
There is no way you can compare Bevan to Bradman. Bradman's closest rival isTendulkar . And there is no way Bevan is better than tendulkar. When Bradman scoers he destroys teh bowling. Getting a century in every 3 tests.

Although Bevan is playing really well right now he is nothing compared to Bradman,.

Bardman has no rivals....never had...never will......Who is Tendulkar ?

AsifTheManRahman
March 12, 2005, 12:16 PM
i always felt that bevan is, or would be an invaluable addition to the aussie one day side. looks like he's ready for making a odi come back as well as a test recall eh? :)

Akib
March 12, 2005, 12:19 PM
:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/:-/

You dont know Tendulkar.......... Thats something i hav never heard before.

He is Indias best batsman (not now but still...). HE has 34 centuries. Almost got 35..... Just go to cricinfo statsguru and type tendulkar and you will find everything.

Edited on, March 12, 2005, 10:11 PM GMT, by aka.

chyicarus
March 12, 2005, 02:33 PM
Bevan's prowess is his mental strength and uncanny habit of winning one-day matches. I think his flaw of not playing short-pitched bowling was magnified by media and thus the selectors transformed him into a pure one-day player. I'm sure he would've been a valuable asset to the Australian Test squad- although the question is, who would you have dropped at that time?
Australia is a country brimming with talented players so it was tough for Bevan to get into the team at that time!
But it was an incredible decision to move to Tasmania becoz since Punter is away for most of the season they require a strong leader to lead the team, even though Di Venuto has tremendous experience.

Akib
March 12, 2005, 05:13 PM
YEs it was good of Bevan to move to Tasmania.

There is no one in the Aussie team to drop for Bevan. Lehmann was already dropped. Aussies are trying to get new young players for matches after WC2007

bourny3
March 12, 2005, 08:00 PM
I dont like bevan. But he has played well this season.

James90
March 12, 2005, 08:17 PM
No way that Bevan should be in the test team. The selectors are doing the right thing looking to the future and Clarke and Katich have done well. Going on current form it's only fair that Bevan should feature in the 2007 World Cup.

Akib
March 12, 2005, 10:17 PM
YEs but that sonly current form. WC is 2 years away. He might retire by then. Who knows. Any thing can happen.

battye
March 13, 2005, 08:40 AM
Why was he dropped from the Australian ODI Team? Does anyone know the circumstances? Does he still have a contract with Cricket Australia?

Shehwar
March 13, 2005, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by aka

He is Indias best batsman (not now but still...). HE has 34 centuries. Almost got 35..... Just go to cricinfo statsguru and type tendulkar and you will find everything.

That explains ur sense of humour dude! (or the lack of it!)......

AsifTheManRahman
March 13, 2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by aka

jeeze...34 centuries? you must be kidding right? that's impossible! can you tell me more about this Tendulkar guy? he must be better than Bradman...right?

from what you say, i am assuming that he's not only the best indian batsman, but also the best in the world. am i right?

really would like to know about him...waiting for more info...

AsifTheManRahman
March 13, 2005, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Shehwar

i really don't think that's the way to treat somebody who's trying to enlighten you on something you don't know.

bourny3
March 14, 2005, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by battye
Why was he dropped from the Australian ODI Team? Does anyone know the circumstances? Does he still have a contract with Cricket Australia?

There were no circumstances. He wasnt in good form so they opted for a younger player.

James90
March 14, 2005, 04:00 AM
Bevan's dropping was right, he was in terrible form, couldn't hit the ball in runchases. If he can't do what he's good for what's the point having him at all. He'd been given a few chances and his contract should have been terminated earlier

After his contract was terminated it's been a complete turn-around so now I think he should get a new contract for 2005.

Shehwar
March 14, 2005, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
Originally posted by Shehwar

i really don't think that's the way to treat somebody who's trying to enlighten you on something you don't know.

Ha! Ha! Ha!.....You are damn good man!....cheers....

Akib
March 14, 2005, 06:15 PM
I doubt Bevan will get another contract. Australia is most likely trying t get some new YOUNG players as most of there players are old.

couger
March 17, 2005, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Ameer
No. Not even worth discussing.
:up: