PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan vs India - 2nd Test (Eden Gardens)

Fazal
March 14, 2005, 03:26 PM
The Pitch is grassy than usual. However they can trim the grass one day before the game start.

1st day it will help the fast bowler. But 4th, 5th day, it will assist the spinners.

Looks like there may be one change in Indian Side. Most likely Zahir Khan is out and Harbhajan Singh is in.

In Pakistan side, nothing is clear. Most likely there will be atleast one change. Either Taufeeq, Butt or Younis may be out. Yasir or Afridi may be in. Also the rumor is Naved-ul-Hasan's position is in danger.

Edited on, March 15, 2005, 12:19 AM GMT, by Fazal.

al
March 14, 2005, 04:01 PM
how about shoiab akhter?

chyicarus
March 14, 2005, 07:51 PM
al- i think you've gotten into a time warp my friend- Shoaib is out of the tour because of a niggling hamstring injury.
I think it will help the medium pacers in the first morning and then dust up by the 3rd of 4th day and winning the toss and batting first should be on the cards. Although i'm like 8000 miles away!!! But thats my guess looking at all the report. I think Zaheer is going to be dropped and they might considering dropping Laxman for Yuvraj simply becoz it'll open u their bowling options more. But then again Sehwag, Tendulkar and Ganguly does bowl pretty regularly in Tests!

Rubayed
March 14, 2005, 11:00 PM
It'll be quite stupid of them to drop Laxman for Yuvraj, i dont think its not happen at all. Beside having Pathan, Balaji, and any one of or both spinner and some part time bowlers like Ganguly , Sachin and Shewag,,why on earth they would need Yuvraj's bowling option,,thats a complete insane theory u've got my friend chyicarus.

chyicarus
March 14, 2005, 11:53 PM
it wasn't a theory my friend Rubayed, it was my opinion. I am not Ganguly and certainly don't want to be. So please refrain from calling names!!! thanks and much appreciated! And i will stick to my opinion! :)
dhonnobaad!

Fazal
March 15, 2005, 11:17 AM
Looks like Pathan is also in the bubble. If Singh is in, Pathan or Zahir will be out. But then again Gunguly mentioned that there will be 3 pacers.

For Pakistan looks like Younis stays. Most likely Butt and Naved-ul-Hasan is out. Two will be in : Afridi, Hameed, Arshad.

pagol-chagol
March 15, 2005, 11:56 AM
After deep thought Ganguli has decided to drop himself and become the team manager permanently. New technology like earphones implanted in the Captain's ears (like a certain President) have accelerated his decision. He said he would have left a few years ago if this technology was available.

Fazal
March 15, 2005, 02:35 PM
So Wright will be out ... Danguli will be In :-/

Edited on, March 15, 2005, 8:07 PM GMT, by Fazal.

chyicarus
March 15, 2005, 06:34 PM
Historically it seems to favor Pakistan! India definitely needs a quality all-rounder like Kapil Dev or Major Prabhakar, becoz bits and pieces are not going to win them matches, they might help in winning sessions, but not matches!
Also Ganguly needs to be aggressive in order to win matches. Pakistan needs to hold their catches and play sensibly. Crowd needs to behave themselves! :)

Ameer
March 15, 2005, 08:44 PM
History goes out the window when the match starts... Pakistan should definetely forget about it and just play for the win...

The official word is that Salman Butt is being dropped for Afridi. Khalil is probably coming in for Rana.

Ameer
March 15, 2005, 08:45 PM
OPPS

Edited on, March 16, 2005, 1:46 AM GMT, by Ameer.

AsifTheManRahman
March 15, 2005, 09:16 PM
afridi? then we may as well see some fireworks? kool kool...

btw...back to eden? the players should wear armours on the ground

Edited on, March 16, 2005, 2:17 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

Shehwar
March 15, 2005, 11:26 PM
India have won the toss & are currently 26/0 on an absolute batting paradise....Its pretty clear from the first few overs that there is simply nothing for the fast bowlers in it...India have definitely won a good toss...It'll be tough for Pakistan..Cheers...

Faceoff
March 15, 2005, 11:30 PM
shewag and gambhir playing cracking shots !!!

tester
March 16, 2005, 12:13 AM
Hi All,

could any one of you point the URLs where we can have the LiveStreams..

Thanks a lot
Kumar

Edited on, March 16, 2005, 5:14 AM GMT, by tester.

Shehwar
March 16, 2005, 05:52 AM
India 327/5 ......Rahul Dravid unbeaten on a majestic hundred.....I thought Razzaq did particularly well after the tea...He is reverse swinging the ball on a regular basis..at times almost like a banana.....Pakistan yet to take the new ball which is available now...cheers....

Shehwar
March 16, 2005, 06:20 AM
India 344/6 at the end of day one....Rahul Dravid getting out for a fantastic 110 in the last over of the day....With two spinners in the side...I'd say advantage India at the end of day one...Cheers....

Fazal
March 16, 2005, 10:57 AM
The pitch already started spinning. Looks like India will demolish Pakistan this time.

If the Indian team cannot finish the job, tha Kolkata Fans will do.... do they still carry those water-bottles?

Edited on, March 16, 2005, 4:15 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Shehwar
March 16, 2005, 01:12 PM
I'm sure they do....

Rubayed
March 16, 2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by chyicarus
it wasn't a theory my friend Rubayed, it was my opinion. I am not Ganguly and certainly don't want to be. So please refrain from calling names!!! thanks and much appreciated! And i will stick to my opinion! :)
dhonnobaad!

My friend, What do u mean by, "I am not Ganguly and certainly don't want to be." When did i refer u to be being like Ganguly? Beside what is wrong on calling u chyicarus, since that is the only way i can refer u, sorry they didnt take your opinion and dropped Laxman my friend chyicarus;)

chyicarus
March 16, 2005, 04:47 PM
Rubayed- i vote you for the National Selector position :)

Akib
March 16, 2005, 05:03 PM
Most of the day India dominated but Pak came back in the end getting 4 wickets inn the last session. If those wickets were not taken then Pak would have been in serious trouble.

Ameer
March 16, 2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
The pitch already started spinning. Looks like India will demolish Pakistan this time.

If the Indian team cannot finish the job, tha Kolkata Fans will do.... do they still carry those water-bottles?

Hold your horses buddy. You can hardly say India will demolish them after just one days of play... I would say India would held a big advantage if Dravid did not get out in the last ball... but now it's just an advantage...

couger
March 17, 2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by al
how about shoiab akhter?

not playing.

couger
March 17, 2005, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Ameer
Originally posted by Fazal

Hold your horses buddy. You can hardly say India will demolish them after just one days of play... I would say India would held a big advantage if Dravid did not get out in the last ball... but now it's just an advantage...

I agree with Ameer, too early to tell.

Spitfire_x86
March 17, 2005, 02:04 AM
India 407 all out.

Pakistan 39/1

Afridi still hasn't learned anything.

couger
March 17, 2005, 04:13 AM
Afridi will be Afridi.

Xavier
March 17, 2005, 06:25 AM
Pakistan 273/2 (66.0 overs) at stumps second day!

Outstanding parternship by Khan and Youhana as they both scored a century, recovering Pakistan from 70/2 (13.3 overs)!

http://www.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/NEW/LIVE/frames/PAK_IND_T2_16-20MAR2005.html

Ameer
March 17, 2005, 07:49 AM
Afridi's an idiot with the bat but he's a pretty decent bowler.

Congrats to Khan and Yousuf... they crushed India's supposedly good spin bowlers.

Shehwar
March 17, 2005, 08:51 AM
Even money game after day 2......Hope the two continues the good work and with Inzi to come, one can look forward to a pretty decent total if things don't go horribly wrong..cheers..

Fazal
March 17, 2005, 10:13 AM
1st Day belongs to India.
But 2nd day clearly belongs to Pakistan.

3rd day 1st session is critical for both team which ususally help the seamer a liitle bit.

If India can get 2/3 wickets and even contain Pak below 450, Pakistan will need to bat 5th day, which is not good news.

On the Other hand, if Pakistan can survive 1st session with minimum loss, then they can build a good lead of 150+ (which is also possible). That lead will help Pak in the 2nd Innings batting in the 5th day.

I think India will realize that taking 4 bowlers may not be a good Idea in a pitch (pretty flat for first few days) and weather (hot and humid) like Kolkata.

couger
March 17, 2005, 11:25 AM
Right, facing the two spinners in the 5th day will be the ral test for Pakistan.

Rubayed
March 17, 2005, 11:41 AM
Rubayed- i vote you for the National Selector position :)

U better save that vote for yourself, trust me buddy u need it! ;)

shujan
March 17, 2005, 12:43 PM
Pakista is in a very good position. They should get something good out of this test.

Edited on, March 17, 2005, 5:43 PM GMT, by shujan.

chyicarus
March 17, 2005, 03:06 PM
The Test match is still 50-50. Pakistan needs to get a lead of 150-200- which means another 350-400 runs- if they can manage to go at 4.5 runs an over tomorrow, then they will be in the driver seat. But thats high unlikely, so unless there's a serious twist in an innings- it might end up as another draw.
I just wanted to know if anybody is following the match on TV- if so i heard the Younis captained the team for a few hours during the first day- can anybody tell me how he was in a leadership role? body language, tactics, motivational, etc etc!!!?

Fazal
March 17, 2005, 03:20 PM

I just wanted to know if anybody is following the match on TV- if so i heard the Younis captained the team for a few hours during the first day- can anybody tell me how he was in a leadership role? body language, tactics, motivational, etc etc!!!?

I haven't watched it live. However here is the following from cricinfo (you may already read it though..)

<b>"Younis played the kind of innings which reminds you that Imran Khan knows a thing or two about spotting talent. Imran had tipped Younis for the captaincy, and perhaps it was the four hours that he spent on the field as captain on the first day when Inzamam-ul-Haq was indisposed, that helped Younis get his groove back. Where Inzamam was reserved, Younis was exuberant. Where Inzamam was lurking in the slips, hands in pockets, waiting for the tide to turn, Younis was running from fielder to bowler, putting in place aggressive fields and setting things up. "</b>
cricinfo (http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/MAR/208268_INDPAK2004-05_17MAR2005.html)

Spitfire_x86
March 18, 2005, 01:18 AM
India got 3 important wickets in the first session of Day 3.

PAK 354/5, Younis and Razzak batting.

al
March 18, 2005, 01:59 AM
afridi hit seven 4's to score 29. There is a wmv clip in mufta tv/pakmusic site showing afridi's seven 4's if anybody is interested. what a game !!1. today is critical for both teams

Navarene
March 18, 2005, 03:05 AM
Great come back by India! They claimed 8 Pakistan wickets only for 112 runs. Now its interesting to see how Indian batsmen negotiate with Afridi and Kaneria's spins. A lead of 300 is enough for India to bag the Test in their favor, IMO.

Edited on, March 18, 2005, 8:32 AM GMT, by Navarene.

Spitfire_x86
March 18, 2005, 03:24 AM
India in trouble,

23/2, both Shewag and Gambhir gone

Akib
March 18, 2005, 07:24 AM
Well india are at 133 for 3 with Dravid and Ganguly on. They have a lead of 147 runs.

Rahul Dravid and Tendulkar had added 98 in 168 balls when Bucknor struck. Tendulkar was beaten by the late swing of a ball from Abdul Razzaq, and the daylight between bat and ball was visible from the press box, at the furthest and highest part of the ground. Bucknor, after his usual deliberation, lifted his finger. Tendulkar shook his head and walked off. India have been hard done by Bucknor before, but they were still in a strong position as the day ended.

Edited on, March 18, 2005, 12:26 PM GMT, by aka.

Shehwar
March 18, 2005, 08:04 AM
Tendulkar's one was a wrong decision and that shud be the end of that...I'm sick of Indian followers making a real big deal of any wrong decision that goes against them...How many of them were complaining when Tendulkar was given not out when on single figures in the first test clearly caught bad & pad off Kaneria? How many complained when Dravid was given not out in the first Innings in this test when he was plumb lbw to Kaneria also when he was in single figures...Both the batsmen went onto make big scores which changed the complexion of the game....Inzamam got two terrible lbw decisions given against him and no one complained....Heaven knowz what the Indians would have made of that if it was against one of their players...

The bottom line is:
When a wrong decision goes in favour of India: Umpires are only humans & they make mistakes !

When it goes against India (Which hardly happens!):
A certain Indian writer reckons some umpires should be in the circus and not on the cricket field!

We are hard done on a regular basis by the umpires..but has it ever been mentioned?...even in the last series against India in the 2nd test when Ashraful was mauling the Indian bowling two crucial wrong decisions against Pilot and Rafique changed the whole game...I still believe had we avoided the follow-on in that game a lot strange things wud have happened....But to my utter disbelief none of the Indian commentators even mentioned that the Batsmen were hard done...!!....They really do set pathetic double standards..!

AsifTheManRahman
March 18, 2005, 10:21 AM
the game's getting really interesting...oh boy...3rd day and it's still more than alive...wonder what's gonna happen....friday here today - may as well be up all night watching the fourth and fifth days....

nah...don't get the incentive if bd isn't playing...:)

Akib
March 18, 2005, 10:25 AM
this is being a very interessting match. In my opinion i think India needs a lead of 300 to 400 and then they should bowl. The problem is Pak is inconsitant. One day they are brilliant and others they are really bad. Pak had 2 good batting performances in a orw. WIll it be a 3rd or will they crumble under the pressure.

Fazal
March 18, 2005, 11:07 AM
>> WIll it be a 3rd or will they crumble under the pressure.

Looks like they will. Wait for end of 4th day. Even though I am supporting them in this series, I have no confidence on their consistency.

al
March 18, 2005, 01:54 PM
Yes, now 4th day is critical. looks like, in this test, every day is important and match is very much alive

Akib
March 18, 2005, 03:31 PM
Yes the match is anyones to win...... Now it comes down to:

1. Will Paks batting fail or will they do what they did in first innings

2. Does Indias bowling have the killer instinct that they lacked in the first test.

3. The pitch. Eden Garden test have low fourth innigns scores. You dont need much to defend.

chyicarus
March 18, 2005, 05:22 PM
India has the upperhand for sure- with 7 wickets in hand- getting another 100-150 runs should be any prbolems and chasing anything over 250 in Day 4 and 5 is asking for a lot, specially from a brittle batting sude like Pakistan!

Akib
March 18, 2005, 06:22 PM
Even though Pak is britle it still has Inzi who is good and Youhana and Khan who can be good.

couger
March 18, 2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by aka
Even though Pak is britle it still has Inzi who is good and Youhana and Khan who can be good.

don't forget Akmal.

couger
March 18, 2005, 06:35 PM
India has the upperhand for sure- with 7 wickets in hand- getting another 100-150 runs should be any prbolems and chasing anything over 250 in Day 4 and 5 is asking for a lot, specially from a brittle batting sude like Pakistan!

........remember the first test?

Ameer
March 18, 2005, 06:56 PM
Yesterday was Pakistan's first real challenge and they failed miserably. The batsmen faced no real challenge as the pitches in the first test and the first two days of this test were giving almost no support to the bowler.
India could declare with a lead of 200 and still win with ease.

Rubayed
March 18, 2005, 08:19 PM
Yesterday was Pakistan's first real challenge and they failed miserably. The batsmen faced no real challenge as the pitches in the first test and the first two days of this test were giving almost no support to the bowler.

What do u mean by it was Pakistan's first real challenge? Were they playing tape tennis circket in the first test? Considering what India scored in their 1st innings, pakistan's batting can still be considered as a good batting performances as they batted in a pitch which was not as good as the first day. Although the fact is India winning the toss put them in a better position now and please dont be too quick on claiming that 200 lead is enough for India, wait couple more days!

Rubayed
March 18, 2005, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Shehwar
Tendulkar's one was a wrong decision and that shud be the end of that...I'm sick of Indian followers making a real big deal of any wrong decision that goes against them...How many of them were complaining when Tendulkar was given not out when on single figures in the first test clearly caught bad & pad off Kaneria? How many complained when Dravid was given not out in the first Innings in this test when he was plumb lbw to Kaneria also when he was in single figures...Both the batsmen went onto make big scores which changed the complexion of the game....Inzamam got two terrible lbw decisions given against him and no one complained....Heaven knowz what the Indians would have made of that if it was against one of their players...

The bottom line is:
When a wrong decision goes in favour of India: Umpires are only humans & they make mistakes !

When it goes against India (Which hardly happens!):
A certain Indian writer reckons some umpires should be in the circus and not on the cricket field!

We are hard done on a regular basis by the umpires..but has it ever been mentioned?...even in the last series against India in the 2nd test when Ashraful was mauling the Indian bowling two crucial wrong decisions against Pilot and Rafique changed the whole game...I still believe had we avoided the follow-on in that game a lot strange things wud have happened....But to my utter disbelief none of the Indian commentators even mentioned that the Batsmen were hard done...!!....They really do set pathetic double standards..!

:bravo::bravo: Bulls eye!!! U just said exactly how i felt after the fuss that has been created by Indian media over that particular decision of Bucknor.They even went as far as saying that Tendulkar was about to play his career defining innings,,all i can say to that is.,,,,,,,,pllllllllease give us a break!! :bravo::bravo:

Ameer
March 18, 2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Rubayed

What do u mean by it was Pakistan's first real challenge? Were they playing tape tennis circket in the first test? Considering what India scored in their 1st innings, pakistan's batting can still be considered as a good batting performances as they batted in a pitch which was not as good as the first day. Although the fact is India winning the toss put them in a better position now and please dont be too quick on claiming that 200 lead is enough for India, wait couple more days!

I mean it was their first real challenge to their batsmen, as in the pitch was supporting the bowlers for the first time. I thought I made it pretty clear.

Shafiul
March 19, 2005, 01:31 AM
Hey Guys. After long days I came back to Bangui, and today morning sat before my sweet company, my pc. From the analysis of last 3 days play and today till lunch as India are on 214/4, it seems this test will surely produce a result and that is in favour of India.
Good Luck, Ganguly

Shehwar
March 19, 2005, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Rubayed
:bravo::bravo: Bulls eye!!! U just said exactly how i felt after the fuss that has been created by Indian media over that particular decision of Bucknor.They even went as far as saying that Tendulkar was about to play his career defining innings,,all i can say to that is.,,,,,,,,pllllllllease give us a break!! :bravo::bravo:

Ha! Ha! Ha! ...If he was about to play his career defining innings then Inzi was about to overtake his career best of 329 in the both the innings at Mohali.....Cheers bro....I'm glad u feel the same way as I do.....

BangladeshFan
March 19, 2005, 04:40 AM
tremendous rear guard by india:clap:

the result can go both ways but chances are this may again end up in a draw.

Shehwar
March 19, 2005, 05:00 AM
both ways ??? .....The way I see it...There is a 75% chance of India winning it and a 25% chance of a draw....422 is almost impossible on this pitch against Kumble and Harbajan....Pakistan is gone for my money though I wud love to be proved wrong..Cheers....

Spitfire_x86
March 19, 2005, 06:38 AM
At stumps of Day 4, Pakistan 95/1, needs 327 more to win.

IMO,
Draw = 50% chance
India wins = 25% chance
Pakistan wins = 25% chance

Shehwar
March 19, 2005, 06:58 AM
I still maintain India has a 75% winning chance though I'd love to be proved wrong..cheers...

Ameer
March 19, 2005, 07:38 AM
My gut feeling is that Pakistan will try to go for the win instead of a draw... and this will lead to them getting bowled out.

India winning... 75%
Pakistan winning... 25%
Draw... 0%

oracle
March 19, 2005, 07:52 AM
At some point Pakistan are going to lose a test if they continue playing blitzes such as this. Whereas India's innings seem to be more ( using that misused word)- "predictable".

man i can't stand Afridi:)

Edited on, March 19, 2005, 12:53 PM GMT, by oracle.

Xavier
March 19, 2005, 08:01 AM
I think it was a good thing for India to dismiss Afridi before the end of Day four, as he was having a great time, scoring 59 runs out of 59 balls!

What do you think it will happen tomorrow, Pakistan batsmen will take some risk to try and score 327 runs to win a great test, or will they just be careful about their wickets aiming to get another draw?

oracle
March 19, 2005, 08:06 AM
I was a pace bowler and I would have loved to bowl to an opener who is as loose in his technique as Afridi is. Such a batsman virtually guarantees an early breakthrough for the opposition. Sure, he might click on the odd day but that's like playing Russian roulette.

Imran Khan made this statement - i agree. Russian roulette is the word i was looking for.

DJ Sahastra
March 19, 2005, 08:19 AM
If Pakistan can score 422 runs in their final chase, then they surely deserve to win this test-match, and the series.

It just means that we are not good enough.

No matter what the result is, Dravid has been priceless. His last 4 innings and 4 knocs of 50+, 3 of them being knocks of 100+.

couger
March 19, 2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by DJ Sahastra
If Pakistan can score 422 runs in their final chase, then they surely deserve to win this test-match, and the series.

Right, its highly unlikely though. Anway, that would be a great victory for Pakistan. But this would also mean Indian bowlers would have to commit a series of blunders. I don't see that hapenning.

couger
March 19, 2005, 01:38 PM

No matter what the result is, Dravid has been priceless. His last 4 innings and 4 knocs of 50+, 3 of them being knocks of 100+.

Dravid HAS been great but I just think he was a bit too cautious in his 90s and played for his century. What was required was quick runs, build a huge lead and declare quickly so India would have around 140 overs to bowl at Pakistan. I just think India's approach was not attacking enough. I'd be delighted if Indian bowlers prove me wrong. Let see.

DJ Sahastra
March 19, 2005, 01:47 PM
Couger,

As an Indian, i didn't want Dravid to go for quick runs but to hold one end. When he was in 90s, India were around 225 or so and with no recognisable batsman to follow (barring a retired hurt Laxman). Hardly a time for anything adventurous.

Even If Pakistan were to chase 300 runs to win, we didn't want them to have more than 4 sessions. We wanted Dravid to stay atleast till midway upto Tea and let other batsman step on the accelerator.

Test match is also about shutting off easy doors.

AsifTheManRahman
March 19, 2005, 03:38 PM
my prediction after fourth day - either a draw or pakistan lose. however, i'd like to see some competition.

reason: ball will turn too much for the batting team to score at 3.5/over on the fifth day.

Edited on, March 19, 2005, 8:39 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

chyicarus
March 19, 2005, 05:08 PM
From how Day4 went, i think it was kind of a conservative decision by the Indian management(captain and coach) to declare it with an insurrmountable lead. Most of you guys will disagree with me here i'm sure- but if i was in such a position, i'd declare after getting a lead of 350 and have an extra hour of bowling at the Pakistanis- and that would have given the Indians to pick up a couple of more wickets and put pressure on the lower order a bit more. But i guess i'm just aggressive in my thinking and not conservative as Ganguly was in this case. It always seems to me that he doesn't lure the opposition into believing that they need to score at 4+ runs/over to win the match and play rash shots; and this had been the case with Ganguly for quite sometime now!
From Pakistan's point of view- with the situation they were in- 90+ without the loss of any wickets and with 2 overs remaining in the day, they should've kept Shahid quiet and keep his wicket for the next day. Because if he had been at the wicket for at least another session- he could've brough Pakistan near the doors of victory!
As for Couger's response to my comment-..........yes my friend, the 1st test was a narrow escape for Pakistan. But we shouldn't expect Akmal/Razzaq to bat like that everytime. Akmal didn't perform in the first innings and nobody should depend on him to score another century and save Pakis the match- in fact it shouldn't be expected of anyone for that matter. Its tough to bat out the 90 overs on Day5 with losing 8-9 wickets for any team, even if its Australia!

Rubayed
March 19, 2005, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
my prediction after fourth day - either a draw or pakistan lose. however, i'd like to see some competition.

reason: ball will turn too much for the batting team to score at 3.5/over on the fifth day.

Edited on, March 19, 2005, 8:39 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

I agree that its not going to be easy to score 327 in the last day but would love to c a close game. Beside the ball is not trurning as much as most believed it would in the last few days,its still turning but more in the slower side so far, let's c what happens on Day 5.

Rubayed
March 19, 2005, 08:26 PM
I mean it was their first real challenge to their batsmen, as in the pitch was supporting the bowlers for the first time. I thought I made it pretty clear.

I disagree, Its perhaps true that the pitch was assisting the spinners on this 2nd test but the pitch was also assisting the fast bowlers on day 1 of the 1st test and Pakistan didnt do that badly and scored 312. So wasnt that a challenge? Or u only consider it a real challenge when it assits the spinners only?

Akib
March 19, 2005, 11:08 PM
Well final day has started. Younis Khan out first ball by Kumble, stumped by Kathrik.

Kumble to Younis Khan, OUT: what a way to start the day! Younis Khan is beaten by quick delivery down the leg side, Karthik does the rest.

Wow what a start to the final day. First wicket before Cricinfo had even started commentating (Cricinfo is what im using. that and a online radio.)..

:bravo: to Kumble for starting the match in such a way.

couger
March 20, 2005, 01:07 AM
Couger,

As an Indian, i didn't want Dravid to go for quick runs but to hold one end. When he was in 90s, India were around 225 or so and with no recognisable batsman to follow (barring a retired hurt Laxman). Hardly a time for anything adventurous.

Well, if Dravid was the only recognized batsman then the major part of run scoring would have to his responsibility, right? You can't expect tailenders to pilr on too much.

Anyway, the point I was making is that it has been a less then steller performance by the Indian team against this week Pakistan team. They played a little scared. They should've taken the attack to the opposition instead they let Pakistan get back into the game over and over again.

couger
March 20, 2005, 01:09 AM

Test match is also about shutting off easy doors.

Really?1? Wow, thank you so much...don't know what I'd do without you for this sort of profound wisdom.

shujan
March 20, 2005, 02:00 AM
Ganguly is doing good job in selecting bowlers. It worked until luch . RRR iis close to 4.5.

Xavier
March 20, 2005, 05:35 AM
Easy victory at last for India (by 195 runs).

Kumble is the hero of the day taking seven (!) wickets, reducing best Pakistan batsmen to little (Khan 0, Inzaman 13, Youhana 22).

I hoped there was more fight, let us see if Pakistan can do better on 3rd match (march 24).

Shafiul
March 20, 2005, 09:44 AM
Congrat friend DJ Sahastra. It was imagined that India was going to win just when Younis was stumped right on the first ball of the day. What do u think, what Bangalore will yield?

mahbubH
March 20, 2005, 10:10 AM
Congrats India. It is a good win. And it was a very good test to follow. India is great team right now but has only one weak link :D

DJ Sahastra
March 20, 2005, 01:56 PM
Shafiul,

Thanks.

While i believe that the current Indian team is better than the Pakistan team on man to man basis, that difference is not so big to make any authoritative claim. Indian team still swings from excellent to mediocre in bowling and couple of batsman (Ganguly and Laxman) are out of form.

Pakistan team has the ability to comfortably draw or even surprise us with a win while the Indian team has the ability to shock us by drawing from a comfortably winnable position to even losing.

I would give 50-50 chance to both teams for Bangalore.

Bat-PadTogether
March 20, 2005, 05:12 PM
Congratulations to India.Kumble is a world class bowler.

DJ Sahastra
March 20, 2005, 06:04 PM
Asif or Anyone else ... Need this translation:

"Only one man can save you from my wrath ... and that's me".

I tried and here is what i came up with:

"Amar Prokope Tomoke Bachabe Ke .... Ami Bachabe"

I know it's nowhere near correct. Help :)

Edited on, March 20, 2005, 11:05 PM GMT, by DJ Sahastra.

AsifTheManRahman
March 20, 2005, 06:20 PM
shudhu ek jon e amar krodher haat theke tomake bachate parbe...r she holo ami nije

anyone with a better one?:)

couger
March 20, 2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah, congrats to India, well done. I actually thaught the Pakistanis would put up a better fight. Well done Kumble.

DJ Sahastra
March 21, 2005, 11:35 AM
Asif,

While wrath is ofetn used interchangeably with anger, i actually intended to get the right bangla word for wrath.

For eg: Wrath = Prakop in Hindi.

What is "haat theke".

Shudho Ek Jon Amar Krodher Tomoke Bachate Parbe. Shudho Ami. So better be quick and give me what i need :lol:

al
March 21, 2005, 02:23 PM
congrats to india. kumble is a class but harbajan is in trouble again. good job ganguly dada:up:

Edited on, March 21, 2005, 7:24 PM GMT, by al.

Tintin
March 21, 2005, 02:42 PM
A London-based Pakistani millionaire has offered the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) an amount of nearly one million pound for giving him an opportunity to play for Pakistan against India in the ongoing series.

M.Jamshaid, a Pakistani national living in London, made this offer through an e-mail to the PCB.

"We have received an e-mail of this millionaire who boasts of his game skills and wants to play for the country," The News quoted a PCB official as saying.

The PCB official said that Jamshaid had repeated his request many times and said that he could play even better than some of the players touring with the national team to India.

Replying to the request made by Jamshaid, the PCB asked him to donate this amount towards the development of the game in the area of Pakistan from where he belongs.

"You might not be a deserving cricketer but you definitely are a millionaire and what you need is to spend the amount on noble cause," PCB said in its reply. (ANI)

http://www.webindia123.com/news/showdetails.asp?id=74227&cat=Sports

Tintin
March 21, 2005, 02:44 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2853&item=5176659963&rd=1

chinaman
March 21, 2005, 02:47 PM
Asif or Anyone else ... Need this translation:

"Only one man can save you from my wrath ... and that's me".

ek jon-e shudu aamar kopanol (or kope) theke tomaake baachate paare, (ar she holo) aami neejei.

AsifTheManRahman
March 21, 2005, 04:29 PM
Asif,

While wrath is ofetn used interchangeably with anger, i actually intended to get the right bangla word for wrath.

For eg: Wrath = Prakop in Hindi.

kope or kopanol would be more appropriate, as suggested by chinaman.

What is "haat theke".

it's often used to mean "from". you may or may not use it.

Akib
March 21, 2005, 08:24 PM
Wow... can't believe there are accually bids for Sami.... Latest is over 50 000 pounds.