PDA

View Full Version : Can Bangladesh keep their good form......?

irampool
March 17, 2005, 08:29 AM
It was a great seoson for Bangladesh Cricket..........
Perhaps, the best............. And what a way to finish it......!
After going 2-0 down in the ODI series, they fought back like real tigers......... And finally, it was our victory.

But the question is, can the tigers keep going.......? Can they keep their good run in England.........?

I know, there has been a quite a bit of domestic cricket in Bangladesh. But the tigers are out of International scene for two months. And they will play England after more two months.......... That means, in total, the tigers are out of International Cricket for four months...........

Well, we will get our answer when they will finish the tour of England.................
But, I would like to know your point of views.

arafath79
March 17, 2005, 08:49 AM
Just pray to Allah !!!!

opu_87
March 17, 2005, 09:43 AM
your right arafath79 Bhai
JUST PRAY TO ALLAH!!!!

hope we do will do well. and i am sure we will:fanflag:

Edited on, March 17, 2005, 2:44 PM GMT, by opu_87.

couger
March 17, 2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by opu_87
your right arafath79 Bhai
JUST PRAY TO ALLAH!!!!

hope we do will do well. and i am sure we will:fanflag:

Edited on, March 17, 2005, 2:44 PM GMT, by opu_87.

.....right and have faith in yourselves.

baisab
March 17, 2005, 11:16 AM
I could'nt agree more, just pray to Allah and hope for the best.

In fact i remember the day when we beat india for the first time in BNS or in fact on our soil, i went to bangladesh to attend my brothers wedding at that time and got the chance to watch the whole game live. that day i remeber after every prayer i was praying for the boys to perform well, thankfully my prayers were answered and we got a thrilling win.

the boys achieved more than just a win that day, until then i was the only person in my family that followed the progress of our team, everyone else used to mock them and question their existance, that day everyone watched the match with me and realised that this team has got great potential. i think the thing that won them over was the was they played, they played with great heart and even the greatest cynic, my father was one over (before which he used to reffer to then as "shiyals" (foxes), but now he calles them his boys). that day im sure many cynics of our home soil were won over just like my father.

now a good performance or perhaps a win in England (which is where i live) will surely quiet the fereign cynics that openly question the exixtance of our team in the test arena.

just keep praying to Allah folks because he makes everythings happens.

Edited on, March 17, 2005, 4:21 PM GMT, by baisab.

fwullah
March 17, 2005, 12:11 PM
Well, I'm not sure about the test matches, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the Natwest One Dayers.

cricket_pagla
March 17, 2005, 01:02 PM
Can Bangladesh keep their good form......?

:umm: ofcourse... ;)

AsifTheManRahman
March 17, 2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by fwullah
Well, I'm not sure about the test matches, but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the Natwest One Dayers.

oh yeah? i'd rather be worrying about them. we've to face australia:(

cricketboy
March 17, 2005, 01:46 PM
Why not if they have the determination and apply themselves. :fanflag:

Ahmed_B
March 17, 2005, 02:01 PM
surely there is a chance some drop of form ...

I hope for Close ODI matches and NO INNINGS DEFEATs in Tests!

Akib
March 17, 2005, 04:31 PM
Yes innings defeats are the worse. If we get opposisition to bat again it is good morale for the team.

sadi
March 17, 2005, 10:35 PM
if we can play upto our potential, we can give england some headache......... no question..... lets just hope that we can play upto our potential.......

IanW
March 17, 2005, 10:46 PM
The moment Mohammed Rafique gets off the plane, Ashley Giles is the second best slow left armer in England.

And fifteen seconds later, when Enamul Haque Junior leaves the plane, Ashley Giles is the third best slow left armer in England.

Ian Whitchurch

Rabz
March 17, 2005, 11:58 PM
guys..thinnk of it...

if we can...(by any chance..miracle or not) can pull up a victory in england...that would be a huge huge boost for our cricket....even better we can beat Australia !!! ( in my dreams)..it would be more than good enough for all those damn critics of our cricket....

man...only if that would happen...

lets all reallly pray to ALLAH...
after the jummah...pray 2 rakat of nafal namaj...for bangladesh victory...
and 10 bucks to fokir...

Daddy_Mac
March 18, 2005, 01:29 AM
Can Bangladesh keep up the good form?
Yes....
By the way congertulation Iram......
Finally you have written a topic in Bangla cricket....

Bangla Mostan
March 19, 2005, 05:46 PM
guys ..we can play well against...england...then there is no need to think let alone onsider an innings defeat..so we have to think postively...in order to play..well...we can win,..if we focus.

chyicarus
March 19, 2005, 05:56 PM
Ashley Giles in a joke for a left arm spinner- i think Tufnell was far better than Giles. Well the good thing is that he bowling less and less and batting more and more!

Ahmed_B
March 30, 2005, 12:49 PM
BCB just picked their first 20..
I wonder how intact are the concentration of our Core players.

They looked pretty good as a UNIT in the very last 2 series they played (ODI series vs. Ind. and then vs. ZIMs).

BD Tigers
March 30, 2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by IanW
The moment Mohammed Rafique gets off the plane, Ashley Giles is the second best slow left armer in England.

And fifteen seconds later, when Enamul Haque Junior leaves the plane, Ashley Giles is the third best slow left armer in England.

Ian Whitchurch

Best quote(s) of the day :great:

aosaif
March 30, 2005, 06:32 PM
Two words: "our batting"

oh oh oh! Do I see that face? Sudden realization, worry, and then denial. Then you steal off to find some other thread that glorifies bangladesh cricket?

Ahmed_B
March 31, 2005, 08:57 AM
ya Batting will be the biggest worry. no doubt..

dukha
March 31, 2005, 09:10 AM
haha mate , what ya guys think ? Is that the Playstation's "Cricket 2004" ? It's real life ...... Where England is Number 2 and Bangladesh is number 10 . How can we ? But if we play on Playstation we always win . haha funny isn't it ? That's only where we will for few more years ........ lol . Good luck for the Players who will try to play in the series .:clap:

little_master
March 31, 2005, 09:28 AM
Bangladesh will be able take 20 wickets of England if our BATSMEN give our bowlers a chance... So our batting form is the main concern!
Can Nafis Iqbal bat another century?
Will we have a debut century from Nafis Ahmed?
Can Ashraful build another majestic inings of his very own?
Can Habibul make his 50 a 100?
Can Aftab bat with better responsibity (like ODI against India and ZIM)?
Can Rajin show his form which he had shown in very begining of his intl career?
Can our opening partnership make a handred?

If some of the above questions turn into YES in both inings we will definitely have atleast a draw test.:cool2:

dukha
March 31, 2005, 09:35 AM
The way it has gone so far in the test matches on avg might have been 5/32 ........ lol , Form that performance we need a Luck to draw or Win .........

May be Best slogan .. "Rain rain come Again " :fire: