PDA

View Full Version : How many of you will lose interest in Bangladesh cricket if we continue to lose by innings?

fwullah
March 18, 2005, 12:13 PM
The following are comments made by a non-Bangladeshi on a different cricket forum.

My fear is this, if they do not start winning regularily how long will it be before the Bangladeshi public get fed up and lose intrest? They will only play Zimbabwe once every two or three years, that means they are going to have to see a lot of losses.

I don't think there is a case for revoking Test status, instead I would give that status to Holland, Scotland, UAE, Kenya and Canada, then I would create a second Tier which would feed into the top Tier. This would make the games Bangladesh (and Zimbabwe) play more competitive and keep the people of Bangladesh happy.

A different cricket forum (http://www.world-a-team.com/showthread.php?t=1903&onlybyuserid=0&page=2&pp=10)

Zunaid
March 18, 2005, 12:22 PM
Just being facetious:

"Are we talking about ODIs as well as Tests, or either of them?" - Losing an ODI by an innings would be a remarkable feat. :)

fwullah
March 18, 2005, 12:25 PM
Well, what I meant to say is that may be there are some people who just watch ODI cricket - 50 over matches - the last 10 overs, the first 15 overs of an ODI - that sort of staff. This particular answer is for them.

fwullah
March 18, 2005, 12:29 PM
I think most of the voters will think 'not in a million years'; because tomorrow, the day after, the day after that, each day - a new baby will be born in Bangladesh, and they will all support and will be intertested in cricket.

In other words, as long as there is Bangladesh, there will be interest in Bangladesh cricket till the judgment day.

Shehwar
March 18, 2005, 12:38 PM
How many of you will lose interest in Bangladesh cricket if we continue to lose by innings?
Ans: I won't...

nihi
March 18, 2005, 12:49 PM
What if someone had posted a poll like this in www.banglafootball.com some 10 years ago? (oops there is really a website like that, but very possibly it wasn't there 10 years ago)

Mahmood
March 18, 2005, 12:53 PM
Die hard fan here, no matter what happens, it is still my team, will remain a fan, always.

Fazal
March 18, 2005, 01:04 PM
The choices are pretty confusing to me....

cricket_pagla
March 18, 2005, 01:11 PM
:cool2:
it depends!...
but so far.. its not so bad loosing by innings(before zimbabwe tour!)....

al
March 18, 2005, 01:18 PM
choices are all relative

Edited on, March 18, 2005, 6:19 PM GMT, by al.

AsifTheManRahman
March 18, 2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by fwullah
I think most of the voters will think 'not in a million years'; because tomorrow, the day after, the day after that, each day - a new baby will be born in Bangladesh, and they will all support and will be intertested in cricket.

In other words, as long as there is Bangladesh, there will be interest in Bangladesh cricket till the judgment day.

you are mistaken ;)

well, it depends. if it gets as bad as soccer, then i'm out. i've no business following cricket as much as i am now (i.e. will still probably follow it, but to a smaller extent) if we get as bad as we are in soccer.

a new baby is born? well, if the first game that baby watches features a weak, one_of_the_lowest_ranked_in_the_world (boy that was a huge string) bangladeshi side, i wonder whether he'll be following the NCL as much as i do (or whether he'll follow it at all):)

having said that, the love for the country will remain as long as i live :)

Edited on, March 18, 2005, 6:42 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

couger
March 18, 2005, 06:18 PM
Contributors to this forum are some of most die hard fans of BD cricket. You don't have to ask them this question. Its a little confusing as well.

couger
March 18, 2005, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
The choices are pretty confusing to me....

You're right.

couger
March 18, 2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by nihi
What if someone had posted a poll like this in www.banglafootball.com some 10 years ago? (oops there is really a website like that, but very possibly it wasn't there 10 years ago)

Different scenario altogether. We never competed at the highest level in Soccer like we do in Cricket. We are after all among the top 10 cricket playing nations.

nasifkhan
March 18, 2005, 10:34 PM
I will be BD fan till I Die.............No way to change that.......

Edited on, March 19, 2005, 3:41 AM GMT, by nasifkhan.

Bangla Mostan
March 19, 2005, 05:48 PM
u do get frustrated at hearing the same story again and again.:mad:

islam
March 21, 2005, 04:09 AM
Where is the "i have allready lost intrest" button?

Orpheus
March 21, 2005, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by islam
Where is the "i have allready lost intrest" button?

Then waht the hell are you doing here?

as ravi shastri

irampool
March 21, 2005, 01:40 PM
Talking about losing the interest........!
Oh! no!
That's not gonna happen.........
But yes I will definitely lose interest from world cricket(not only talking about bangladesh) if 20-20 cricket becomes the regular International Cricket.

bdmoderator
March 21, 2005, 01:44 PM
After 10 years, I will lose interest in Bangladesh cricket if we continue to lose by an innings margin in tests.

Spitfire_x86
March 21, 2005, 04:41 PM
I voted for the 2nd option.

After watching almost every BD match, I get mad at myself for watching the match and swear not to watch their matches again. But strangely, I almost never miss a match if it's on BTV.