PDA

View Full Version : Why not start a intercontinental club cup?

Daddy_Mac
March 18, 2005, 11:04 PM
What I mean what if the best league club suppose This year Dhaka is the best team in Bangladesh then the will play against the best team in India and also Pakistan and Srilanka....

Please write your thoughts......

cricket_pagla
March 18, 2005, 11:25 PM
best players of any country on the national side.. then club will not get that importance among fans!:cool:

couger
March 19, 2005, 12:08 AM
Its not a bad idea provided one sort out all the conflicts in schedules.

couger
March 19, 2005, 12:09 AM
Also As cricket_pagla suggests,interests may be lacking in this sort of competition.

bourny3
March 20, 2005, 05:40 AM
I think Dhaka would be heavily beaten in all matches if they played these teams.

ZunaidH
March 20, 2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by bourny3
I think Dhaka would be heavily beaten in all matches if they played these teams.

Not really. If Dhaka manages to sign Brett Lee, Chris Cairns and perhaps Sehwag, things would be a lot different.

Akib
March 20, 2005, 10:23 PM
Dhaka will easily be murdered. If it happens i think the team that will win is New SOuth Wales.

bourny3
March 21, 2005, 04:21 AM
You are right Aka.

IanW
March 21, 2005, 03:53 PM
Aka,

"New South Wales" is not a club, NSW is a provincial side, whose players play for clubs eg Bankstown, Sutherland etc.

A first grade Sydney club cricket match between two good teams might get a crowd of 120, on a good day, counting dogs as people.

This isnt soccer. In cricket, clubs are at the bottom of the food chain.

As well, check McInness' comments about having to teach young players to unlearn what they picked up playing club cricket in Dhaka.

Ian Whitchurch

Akib
March 21, 2005, 03:59 PM
Oh. I didnt know that NSW was not a club..... then i dont know who to vote for.....

I dont think very much ppl will come to see cricket clubs. I would come only if major teams such as NSW or Surrey or other sides like that play.

sadi
March 21, 2005, 08:55 PM
i think it would still create some buzz if we can organize it here..........couple of star players in a team will be good enough to draw ppl...just imagine sachin coming here and playing for his state or watever team representing india.... i m sure ppl would come.......

bourny3
March 22, 2005, 04:02 AM
But in that case Dhaka is not a club.
I think it is right saying Dhaka and NSW are the same as Real Madrid and Man Utd.