PDA

View Full Version : Who is next after Zimbabwe?

milton_eng
March 19, 2005, 01:48 PM
What do you guys think about the next test playing country that we might have a chance to register another sweet sweet test victory
:joy:

:fanflag: My vote goes for Pakistan :fanflag:

Bangladesh Records:

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/STATS/BDESH/

Bangladesh - forthcoming Test and one-day series:

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/FORTHCOMING/FORTHCOMING_TOURS_BDESH.html

Yameen
March 19, 2005, 01:56 PM
my vote goes for england, who are next on the schedule. I say england because even if they say that they are using bangladesh for warm up practice matches for the ashes series, i believe the english feel worried inside and nervous and that is what will cause their downfall and that is, I believe is when bangladesh will record their next test vistory. :fanflag:

2007WcSemifinalist
March 19, 2005, 01:57 PM
west indies but can't predict when though..probably miles away

Mr-khan
March 19, 2005, 02:24 PM
Pakistan:P
But when will be our Pakis tour?

babubangla
March 19, 2005, 02:31 PM
Why did you include Bangladesh as a poll option?
Is there any chance Bangladesh will register their next test win against Bangladesh?

Actually I'm voting for Bangladesh. To register another test win, they have to believe in themselves and psychologically win against themselves first.

milton_eng
March 19, 2005, 02:35 PM
Sorry Guys for including Bangladesh. Moderator can you please take out Bangladesh out of the list. Thank you babubangla for correcting me

Tasin
March 19, 2005, 04:05 PM
Why did you put Zimbabwe if you are asking who is NEXT AFTER ZIMBABWE ?

Zimbabwe again ?

Edited on, March 20, 2005, 12:35 AM GMT, by Tasin.

cricketboy
March 19, 2005, 04:48 PM
I think its Srilanka without Murali. :umm:

Bangla Mostan
March 19, 2005, 05:42 PM
We have a realistic chance against England providing we play tactically and professionally. But it all depends on what we have to do. If we can play solid then we can play against them pretty well.

cricket_pagla
March 19, 2005, 07:23 PM
:cool: Zimbabwe again:up:

LateCut
March 20, 2005, 08:19 AM
It got to be Pakistan! They have the familiar revolving door, a few pretty fragile players and some of the same politics.

al Furqaan
March 20, 2005, 11:10 AM
WI or PAK

cracky
March 20, 2005, 12:41 PM
Pakistan or WI will be the easiest opponent among those(ignoring Zimb). But I really do hope Bangladesh can beat England this summer. It will be the most interesting win we ever made.

Bang those arrogant English.

milton_eng
March 20, 2005, 05:31 PM
Kire cracky Kemon asis?

:fanflag: You are right, win against England will be :great:

Sham
March 20, 2005, 09:32 PM
Since most of us are dreaming, might as well dream big!

cricketboy
March 20, 2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Sham
Since most of us are dreaming, might as well dream big!
Good humor and correct.
::P

fwullah
March 21, 2005, 12:41 AM
My vote against which team?:

1. Australia - We can defeat them - but I don't think it will be on a bouncy or on wickets that will assist those tall pacers who can bounce our batsman out, it will be at home - where our spinners can 'demolish' on the Australian batsman. So, I'm eagerly waiting for an Australian visit to Bangladesh. When is that?

2. England - Again, like Australia, we have the biggest chance of beating England in Tests is through our spin attack. And we just blew it. The best that we can do against England this summer is get a respectable draw under English conditions during early May. I believe drawing a test match without the help of rain will be equivalent to a win.

3. India - Now, against India, we need to follow a completely different strategy. We have to use our pace attack on green bouncy wickets to get a win against them. But, will Indians make green wickets for us? I don't know. And, when will they re-schedule our test tour to India anyway?

4. New Zealand - Just like Australia and England, we can defeat the Kiwis using our spin attack. But we just blew it - showed our worst ever test performance against them - at home.

5. Pakistan - One of the most weaker opponents for us to beat in Tests. But we just blew our chance of defeating them in Multan. The next time that we face them, they are gonna be 'alert'. We just have to find some weak moments in them to defeat them.

6. South Africa - Like Australia, England and New Zealand, we can beat them with our spin. But, just like New Zealand, we blew our chance to beat them. Besides, we faced the Springboks at a time when we were at our lowest ebb - after getting smashed by Canada, Sri Lanka and Kenya in the world cup. I wonder what the situation would have been if we had faced the South Africans (after and) had we defeated Canada, Kenya and another test country in the world cup.

7. Sri Lanka - now I'm voting for a win against Sri Lanka. Not only because they are (or were) the 8th test playing country, but because they are Asians, and are vulnerable to pace attack - just like the Indians and the Pakistanis. Besides, they were beaten once by Kenya and several times by Zimbabwe in One Day Internationals. And in my heart I believe that we are better in the longer version cricket than Zimbabweans or the Kenyans. It also gives me encouragement to dream of a test win against Sri Lanka when I remember our last visit to Sri Lanka. I was almost 'expecting' us to beat Sri Lanka in ODIs - but then those damn selectors just had to introduce all those youngsters - Kapali, Tapash, Hannan at the time when I was expecting us to beat Sri Lanka. And in the process, we were all out for as low as in the 60s/70s region - and then being the victims of hat-trick. Its just not fair. Also, from our past records, we have seen that we always used to perform our worst against the Lankans, when we were supposed to perform our best against them, considering they're the 3rd test team in Asia - after India & Pakistan. Some of our players do so well against them - like Javed Omar, Atahar Ali, Md. Ashraful, Saiful Islam, and yet, the rest of the players perform so poorly against them! Again, its just not fair.

8. West Indies - I hope we can beat them the next time when we face them. But again, we blew our chance of beating them in ODIs, so how can we expect to get a test win against them?

9. Zimbabwe - the next time, we'll be hoping to beat them in Zimbabwe, but the rebels will be eager to get a
revenge against us.

Rubu
March 21, 2005, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
My vote against which team?:

1. Australia - We can defeat them - but I don't think it will be on a bouncy or on wickets that will assist those tall pacers who can bounce our batsman out, it will be at home - where our spinners can 'demolish' on the Australian batsman. So, I'm eagerly waiting for an Australian visit to Bangladesh. When is that?

did not read anymore. had to stop there. do u really believe that? wherever is being played and whoever is the opponent, australia has a 99% chance of winning. i'd love to see bangladesh on the winning side against australia, but the possibility of this happening in next 5 years is ->0.

Sam
March 21, 2005, 03:41 AM
I think we have more chances against West Indies, especially against their latest team announced for Pak tour. Our last tour in WI was very encouraging, and I believe our present team is more organized than the visiting one. I will not mention a win against WI as an upset, at least.

islam
March 21, 2005, 04:01 AM
fwullah: You are a funny man.

' Australia - We can defeat them'- Australia has a 100% chance of winning if it doesn't rain for more than 2.5days .

' New Zealand - Just like Australia and England, we can defeat the Kiwis using our spin attack'
-You have hyped op our spin attack, Jacob ORam-gilchrist, flinttof and co will smack us out of the park-into another suburb.

Look @ the zim. vs. SA serise, we only just beat zim (1-0 tests) (3-2 in ODI's) and S.A flogged Zim, even with streak, blignaut and co.

We can't beat any one except the WI (if the contract disputs are on of course).

bourny3
March 21, 2005, 04:35 AM
Australia in 5 to 10 years.

Shehwar
March 21, 2005, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by islam
fwullah: You are a funny man.

Just for the records....shez definitely not a man...lolz...

fy288
March 21, 2005, 05:47 AM
windies are in turmoil, another win for BD against them!!!

fwullah
March 21, 2005, 12:23 PM
did not read anymore. had to stop there. do u really believe that? wherever is being played and whoever is the opponent, australia has a 99% chance of winning. i'd love to see bangladesh on the winning side against australia, but the possibility of this happening in next 5 years is ->0.

As Sham said, we might as well dream big.

Realistically, the best that we can do this year (all the year from today until December 2005) is to get 2 ODI wins - 1 against England and 1 against Sri Lanka and that's it.

But I haven't totally ignored all logic. If we ever get to beat Australia, doesn't matter if its tomorrow, the day after tomorrow or after we all die (after 80/90 years or so) the best chance that any Bangladesh team has is beating Australia in tests in Bangladesh. Our U-19 team has beaten their U-19 team in the 2004 U-19 world cup - in Bangladesh. Thus, my above point on beating Australia.

bdmoderator
March 21, 2005, 01:42 PM
West Indies.