PDA

View Full Version : Bengali family in west bengal claims Inzamam as descendant

al
March 20, 2005, 01:09 AM
interesting!!

http://www.dawn.com/2005/03/19/spt3.htm

Family claims Inzamam as descendant

KOLKATA, March 18: Strange it may sound to Inzamamul Haq, a West Bengal family has claimed that Pakistan cricket skipper is its descendant and is even preparing to hand him his rightful share of family property.

An amused Inzamam has clarified he has no connection with family of Ashadul Haq in West Bengal's Someshpur town. He also politely declined property offer. Ashadul Haq is so convinced about Pakistan skipper's ancestry that he has gone to town with story of his elder brother Mozammel Haq, who left for Karachi in 1942 and lost touch with them.

"We tried hard to locate my brother, but all in vain. Then many years later we came to know that my elder brother's grandson is a very good cricket player. "So, we think Inzamam is that grandson and he belongs to our family tree," Ashadul Haq told reporters in Someshpur village. When newsmen informed Inzamam of new twist to his ancestry. "Are they saying they are going to give me the property? That's good," he joked. -Agencies

Orpheus
March 20, 2005, 06:58 AM
this is great. Usually ppl claim.. they are giving :D India IS backward.

I say we go for the DNA test. But I suppose relation is a bit too distant for accuracy!

Akib
March 20, 2005, 10:13 PM
A DNA might help but u are right the relation might be too distant.

couger
March 21, 2005, 10:52 PM
Hey guy, take me, i'll be your brother's kid. Just make sure those properties are of some value and I can take the money out of Idia when I sell them.