PDA

View Full Version : Rana doing his bit, Ash gets a Pheifer

RazabQ
March 20, 2005, 05:10 PM
Two half centuries in the last match, a big maiden centry (151) in this round. Plus the occasional wicket. Good on him. As I had mentioned in an article, he has to make the test side as a batting all-rounder, not the other way around. Weak bowling or not, it still tells you he's middling the ball.

Also Ashraful bagged a Michelle! Bowled 20 overs too. Now he needs to score the runs. Talha got 4 wickets too. Good captaincy by chacha as he did not do the selfish thing and bowl himself, rather sticking with his "hot" bowlers. :)

Masree was rested as was Tapash. Rafique still no where to be found! We need this guy to get some sort of match fitness. In England, he has to perform the containment role at one end while Masree, Tapash at al try to get wickets. (see zillions of posts from Sham & me on why SLAs will have a tough time in the early English summer).

Bashar, Golla,Tushar Imran & Pilot disappoint.

No Shahadat Hossain? No Shahriar Imtiaz? No Sanwar? Surprised that some of the A-team guys are not able to break into the NCL sides.

Scorecard:
http://plus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/BDESH_LOCAL/NCL/SCORECARDS/

Edited on, March 20, 2005, 10:45 PM GMT, by razabq.
Reason: Tushar _did_ play

rafiq
March 20, 2005, 05:28 PM
Tushar played and got a duck. Good innings from Rana.. Chittagong have a lot of injuries and looks like they aren't going to offer much resistance. I wonder when Bashar is going to have a good innings - why can't he score?

AsifTheManRahman
March 20, 2005, 05:34 PM
bashar has a reputation of screwing up in domestic matches and then going on to score big in international matches :)

RazabQ
March 20, 2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by rafiq
Tushar played and got a duck. Right you are - missed it. Gonna edit the post accordingly :)

couger
March 20, 2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
bashar has a reputation of screwing up in domestic matches and then going on to score big in international matches :)

This is true.He was almost excluded form the side that played the very first test based on his domestice performance. After a lot of crying foul from the media he was included and made good.

AsifTheManRahman
March 20, 2005, 06:15 PM
bashar had done well in fc matches featuring bangladesh and other foreign teams before that first test.

Sham
March 20, 2005, 08:49 PM
Ash bags a Michelle eh? Good one. Didn't get it at first, and then reread the title of the thread and it made good sense! :)

Warlock
March 20, 2005, 08:55 PM
Congrats to RANA- for his maiden century!:great:

pagol-chagol
March 20, 2005, 09:05 PM
As of today the lefty 17 year old openner Golam Rahman is leading the league with 514 total runs (won't be updated in the cricinfo stat book until the end of this game)

pagol-chagol
March 20, 2005, 09:13 PM
Rana's batting average in the league as of today is 99.33.

rana
March 20, 2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Warlock

Thank you;)

chyicarus
March 20, 2005, 09:49 PM
Anyone knows about the situation of Taposh? Is he injured or playing but not making much significant impact?

AsifTheManRahman
March 20, 2005, 09:58 PM
tapash isn't making a big impact - not as big as i'd have expected him to. he's doing ok with the bat though.

Edited on, March 21, 2005, 2:58 AM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

shaoun
March 20, 2005, 10:06 PM
great going by ashraful with the bowl and rana with the bat. i am wondering what happened to waskuruni polash. is he injured? he has played in last 2/3 matches. nether the 4 day nor 1 day matches. does anyone know what happened to him?

cricketboy
March 20, 2005, 10:29 PM
Why no Shahadat or Shahriar Imtiaz in the league. It is the place where they should get experience! :info:

Edited on, March 21, 2005, 4:01 AM GMT, by chinaman.
Reason: Please quote relavent part instead of the whole post. Thank you.

bourny3
March 21, 2005, 04:29 AM
yes the national players arent making a huge difference to the league. Apart from a few outstanding performances.

cricket_pagla
March 21, 2005, 05:56 AM
:bravo: Rana

Warlock
March 21, 2005, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by rana
Originally posted by Warlock
Thank you;)
Well, goes the same for you Bro:)!

fy288
March 21, 2005, 09:04 AM
Rana is in excellent form which is great news because he is one of a select few to have played in england before, innsha allah he continues this rich vein of form in to the england tour.

:great:

fwullah
March 21, 2005, 09:33 AM
Rana's batting average in the league as of today is 99.33.

Looks like 'Bradmansque'. Only if his batting had appeared as technically sound as his stats suggest!

capslock
March 21, 2005, 09:37 AM
All our batsmen are getting Pheifers and our bowlers are getting tons, what's going on?

pagol-chagol
March 21, 2005, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by capslock
All our batsmen are getting Pheifers and our bowlers are getting tons, what's going on?

HA HA!

Taposh, Rana, Mashrafee even Talha kicking some booties. Rafiq is missing out the bonanza.

I think exposure to great bowling in international level has helped them (not Talha) play the BD league bowlers easily.

Now, why doesn't that help our batsmen. Or do they have Brian Lara syndrom?

Edited on, March 21, 2005, 3:21 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

fwullah
March 21, 2005, 10:16 AM
Everybody is forgetting their main jobs and doing their part time jobs well.

fwullah
March 21, 2005, 10:19 AM
Ashraful scored 114 after taking 5 wickets while bowling.

pagol-chagol
March 21, 2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by fwullah

Thanks for the early bird report.

May be the captainship experience experiment in Duleep trophy has worked after all.

If so

then

all that pain is worth it.

Edited on, March 21, 2005, 3:30 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.

RazabQ
March 21, 2005, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
Thanks Fwullah. Perhaps I should start calling you Fahmida :) Typing fwullah keeps reminding me of this old BTV parody song "ataullah" (yes I'm somewhat dating myself). :_

Optimist
March 21, 2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
May be the captainship experience experiment in Duleep trophy has worked after all.

If so, then, all that pain is worth it.

I think it has more to do with the quality of the opposition. Asraful, and for that matter most of our batsmen, will struggle to score consistently against quality bowling.

Edited on, March 21, 2005, 4:25 PM GMT, by Optimist.

Optimist
March 21, 2005, 11:29 AM
As for Rana ------------------ He hardly get wickets in the longer version. Abdur Razzaq regularly outshines him as a bowler in NCL. So anybody hoping that he can be considered an allrounder in the longer version is simply not taking notice. I guess, someone has advised him to concentrate on his batting.

pagol-chagol
March 21, 2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Optimist

If so, then, all that pain is worth it.

I think it has more to do with the quality of the opposition. Asraful, and for that matter most of our batsmen, will struggle to score consistently against quality bowling.

Edited on, March 21, 2005, 4:25 PM GMT, by Optimist.

No one doubts that the bowling he is facing are inferior.

The crux of my argument is:
He has faced those inferior bowlers all his life and never had consecutive centuries. Actually he goes to sleep for a few weeks after each century.
Whats happenning could be a new dawn for him. I really really hope that. I am just pointing to one of the possible reasons for his awakenning. (with a big if)

pagol-chagol
March 21, 2005, 12:13 PM
2nd day scorecards are up in cricinfo. Click the link on RazabQ's first post.

Sham
March 21, 2005, 12:38 PM
Yeah, he may be facing a pretty weak bowling attack but back to back centuries is good from Ashraful. You don't pick the opposition you play, you just have to go out there and do your thing, and his performances so far in three games in the NCL this season are quite impressive, even by his standards.

I am also encouraged by Talha's bowling. Again, we shouldn't read too much into it because its against poor opposition, but he is taking wickets and that is a good thing!

pagol-chagol
March 21, 2005, 01:12 PM
Basher should just start sending in Rana as Khulna's openner just to test him out against better bowling.

pagol-chagol
March 21, 2005, 01:57 PM
Golam Rahman's brother and Rajin Saleh's brother scores centuries.

For Sylhet there were 3 centries and 2 half centruries, but Alok scored only 5.

Chacha is a great man. I hope he takes over the BCCB someday.

Sham
March 21, 2005, 02:22 PM
Whats chacha done now?

AsifTheManRahman
March 21, 2005, 04:23 PM
who's golam's brother and who's rajin's brother?

btw...dhiman on the way to a ton? :)

Spitfire_x86
March 21, 2005, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by capslock

HA HA!

Taposh, Rana, Mashrafee even Talha kicking some booties. Rafiq is missing out the bonanza.

I think exposure to great bowling in international level has helped them (not Talha) play the BD league bowlers easily.

Now, why doesn't that help our batsmen. Or do they have Brian Lara syndrom?
Because our batsman doesn't get enough exposure to high quality bowling at International level. They get out almost right after arriving in the middle, and later tail-enders have to face the quality bowling for longer period of time.

Fazal
March 21, 2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Sham
Whats chacha done now?

Golla:fire::fire::fire:

Tintin
March 22, 2005, 10:36 AM
Ashraful scored 57 in the second innings. Dhaka won by 3 wickets

For Chittagong, Dhiman hit 115 and Shabbir 103*

Edited on, March 22, 2005, 3:37 PM GMT, by Tintin.

AsifTheManRahman
March 22, 2005, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Tintin
Ashraful scored 57 in the second innings

ki ulta palta karbar hocche shob ebar ncl-e...

Edited on, March 22, 2005, 3:38 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.