PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful the all-rounder !

milton_eng
March 21, 2005, 03:28 PM
DHAKA-RAJSHAHI

:tiger: Ashraful capped a fine all-round display when the dashing right-hander stroked his second first-class century this season with 15 fours and a six, a day after he took five wickets with his leg-breaks. :bravo:

http://www.thedailystar.net/2005/03/22/d50322040227.htm
From Bangladesher Khela (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=12712&iCategoryID=1)

Edited on, March 22, 2005, 1:24 AM GMT, by Zunaid.
Reason: Hyperlinked URL

Akib
March 21, 2005, 03:59 PM
Wasn't Ashraful picked by the Bangladesh national team because he could bowl leg spin, not for his batting talents?

cricketboy
March 21, 2005, 04:32 PM
Yeh he was picked as a bowling allrounder for the Srilankan test in which he scored 114 although he was a batting allrounder in the domestic league. I genuinely think he should bowl more in test matches not only when wickets dont fall, but regularly. :bravo:

Fazal
March 21, 2005, 05:23 PM
Now that he have proved that he can bat as well as can bowl, Ashraful should now try out as a wicket keeper.

couger
March 21, 2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by cricketboy
Yeh he was picked as a bowling allrounder for the Srilankan test in which he scored 114 although he was a batting allrounder in the domestic league. I genuinely think he should bowl more in test matches not only when wickets dont fall, but regularly. :bravo:

I think he was picked as Batting allrounder rather than bowling. His domestice performance before that suggests that.

Rubu
March 21, 2005, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Fazal
Now that he have proved that he can bat as well as can bowl, Ashraful should now try out as a wicket keeper.

what should we'd call that, the mash syndrom?

AsifTheManRahman
March 21, 2005, 09:08 PM
bah...ek matche 5 wicket pailei dekhi bangladeshe all rounder howe jawa jaay...:)

i'm sure we're gonna pull him down by his legs from the height that we're raising him to now and kick him down when he fails next time. :)

Sam
March 21, 2005, 11:54 PM
It's nice to see him scoring tons and taking wickets, but he needs to do it more frequently.
I agree with Asif that it's early to call him as an all rounder. Let him prove it in international cricket. He usually concedes too many runs while bowling in international matches, so captains cannot continue with him bowling.

Shehwar
March 22, 2005, 12:14 AM
Good to see Ash scoring runs in the domestic circuit...

nasifkhan
March 22, 2005, 07:32 AM
Hmm...first Mashrafe...then Ashraful....its good ...I like it..

fwullah
March 22, 2005, 11:37 AM
Ashraful scored 57 in the 2nd innings and took 1 more wicket today which led Dhaka to win the match with 1 day to spare.

By the way, if anyone didn't know this earlier, Ashraful's first class career bowling average is on the mid-30s and he has a career best (first class) bowling of 7 wickets for 70 odd runs. So, the 5-for thing is not his first in Bangladesh's domestic competition.

AsifTheManRahman
March 22, 2005, 11:55 AM
dhiman scored a century, taking it from 75* to 115 overnight - shows the kind of stuff he's made of. how many batsmen in bd can score big on the second day of their inning when they've alreadu survived the first day?

rana got him out bowled though :) he got three in all.

hasibul haque got back to back half centuries as well.

kapali got four wickets (and still going) - i should make a poll titled "Who is the best bowler in BD" and include him and Ash in it as options (don't worry I won't)

anyways, sorry for going off topic.

Edited on, March 22, 2005, 4:57 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.