PDA

View Full Version : Record Centuries?

Dhakablues
March 22, 2005, 01:53 AM
Is this a record year for centuries? It is really good to see how many centuries are being scored in the First Class competition. However, the most surprising was the fact that none of the consisitent batsmen were players that are to be in England.

AsifTheManRahman
March 22, 2005, 01:55 AM
none of the players that are going to play in england played consistently enough to get consistent scores :)

fwullah
March 22, 2005, 04:05 AM
I guess the wickets made in this season helped in scoring all the centuries that are being scored now compared to the wickets that were made previously on earlier seasons.

RazabQ
March 22, 2005, 04:32 AM
I thought the curators were told to keep grass on the pitches. Fahmida have you been to any of the grounds? Perhaps someone living in Dhanmondi can give us a report on the condition of the pitch there?

akabir77
March 22, 2005, 09:06 AM
I think its hard to score in slow wkt then a speedy wkt.. thus so many centuries from the guys who can deal the pace....

Shehwar
March 22, 2005, 10:38 AM
The pitches are pretty flat and more importantly slow and low.....Having grass in the pitch was a big bluff thingy....

Dhakablues
March 22, 2005, 07:41 PM
Yet,,,, no bowlers merged this year from this competition... :down:

cricket_pagla
March 23, 2005, 09:09 AM
I'm looking for triple century by any BD batsman!
:fanflag:

mahbubH
March 23, 2005, 09:54 AM
>> Perhaps someone living in Dhanmondi can give us a report on the condition of the pitch there?

No NCL games at Dhanmondi this year. Only BNS (only for the first few round's ODI) and Fatullah are used for this year league. Fatulla is pretty grassy I guess.

Sham
March 23, 2005, 12:07 PM
The thing is, even if there is a bit of grass, there won't be any live grass that gives the wicket the greenish tinge. That is the type of wicket that helps seamers, moisture and live grass. Dead grass on a dry wicket makes no difference whatsoever!

Also, of course it was a bluff! It will take a lot of time and money to make our pitches seamer friendly. Just sticking some grass on them isn't going to do it! I think the wickets are all one-paced and easy to bat on and the reason for the centuries is that our batsmen (and bowlers) are getting used to the longer version and learning to play more patient and longer innings.