Golla D-
Pilot F
Shujon C (A+ as captain)
Talha B+
Rajjak Raj A

Others
Alok B-
Tushar B

Edited on, March 23, 2005, 8:43 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.
Reason: spelling

Ovi Khan
March 23, 2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Alok B- Youre right :up: ! By the way, check your U2U inbox. There is a message for you.

akabir77
March 23, 2005, 03:24 PM
Aolk gets B and shujon gets C??? r u following the NCL? how many match kapali won the game for the team??? and he always does something when the team is lossing....

Akib
March 23, 2005, 03:30 PM
Who is Golla???

mahbubH
March 23, 2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by aka
Who is Golla???

Gullu

pagol-chagol
March 23, 2005, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by akabir77
Aolk gets B and shujon gets C??? r u following the NCL? how many match kapali won the game for the team??? and he always does something when the team is lossing....

Please read the title

Sorry
March 23, 2005, 06:36 PM
would you be able to convert these grades in the extent of quality of international cricket?

couger
March 23, 2005, 07:24 PM
Can you give statsNCL only) of these players so we can compare and see if your grading system is jusfifiable?

ai_arif
March 23, 2005, 09:55 PM
alok played a good knock againt khulna.it will give him lots of confident.himel is also doing fantastic job(gulam rahman).i played with him several times(while i was in bd).he has good temparament and a candidate for the opening position for bd national team.

Sham
March 23, 2005, 10:05 PM
Pagol chagol,

I agree with most of your grades (with minor changes as mentioned in next para) but can you please explain why Mashud gets an F? He is primarily a wicket-keeper, and he may have kept brilliantly all match long. We don't know that because we haven't seen the game, or have you? I get the feeling that you have graded him based solely on his batting, which is grossly unfair!

I think if Ashraful gets an A+ for scoring in both innings and taking wickets, Rana and Bashar should come down to A and Enamul to B+, no reason that he should score more than Talha. I think Rajin should get a B- or so!

pagol-chagol
March 23, 2005, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Sham
Pagol chagol,

I agree with most of your grades (with minor changes as mentioned in next para) but can you please explain why Mashud gets an F? He is primarily a wicket-keeper, and he may have kept brilliantly all match long. We don't know that because we haven't seen the game, or have you? I get the feeling that you have graded him based solely on his batting, which is grossly unfair!

I think if Ashraful gets an A+ for scoring in both innings and taking wickets, Rana and Bashar should come down to A and Enamul to B+, no reason that he should score more than Talha. I think Rajin should get a B- or so!

Your grading scale is better than mine. I was too generous.

Pilot would give himself an F-. He is above just a wicket-keeper.

Rajin had a run out and a not out. Can't grade him on that.

Sham
March 23, 2005, 11:38 PM
Dude, have you ever tried keeping? Its back breaking work. I agree that Pilot is also a useful batsman for our side, but for someone to keep for a 100+ overs and then to get graded only on his batting is unfair. Sure, give him a C or something for failing with the bat, but that is not his only role! He is a keeper, atleast that is half is role (I would say more) so he should get some points for that!

Also, why cant you grade someone if he is not out? You don't need to get out to get graded. Think of what he could have done and what he did. He opened the batting to give himself some time out in the middle and get some match practice, and he made sure of that! Played a 120 balls at that too! As far as his second innings is concerned, he did what he set out to do. Failed in the first innings though (run out is usually owing to a lack of judgement just like playing a bad shot is, unless his partner ran him out). I would say somewhere between C+ and B-. What if he was a 100 not out? would you refuse to grade him then as well? I don't think being not out is the issue, you have to try to judge how he has played!

Edited on, March 26, 2005, 4:06 PM GMT, by Sham.

Tehsin
March 24, 2005, 01:36 AM
Just a thought, what does al this hundreds say about the state of our local bowlers and the wickets ? Really worried me. I don't want to take anything away judging from their performance but from our international it's clear that the hundreds in the NCL are worth 25-30 runs against quality opponents. Actually, most of them may not even score 10 runs if facing England/Australia and the rest.

As for Masri, his innings clearly shows his experience. The man has taken on the best and have had decent scores in his recent outings. It's only natural that he is full of confidence against the local boys. Wish more of our batsmen were as confident. Masri is a different breed.