PDA

View Full Version : Love this kind of geeky stuff ...

RazabQ
March 25, 2005, 03:05 AM
crackinfo analysis of inzy's batting (http://plus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/MAR/214638_INDPAK2004-05_25MAR2005.html)

So why do I love them? This is the kind of thing that Australia does on a regular basis. I bet when Pakistan toured Australia, all the ozzie bowlers were instructed to induce Inzy to drive or get him on the front foot. Or you could decide to heavily defend the cover zone and force Inzy to compensate by shuffling accross and try to work the ball down the legside. I wonder if this is the kind of thing that makes ole D-Shep believe the present OZies would beat the Calypso kings of Viv & co.

I also wonder to what level our BD computer analyst does this kind of stuff? Granted, even if somone did that for the BD team, we do not have bowlers with the metronomic accuracy of McGrath, Warne et al to execute it. :)

cricket_pagla
March 25, 2005, 07:12 AM
cool staff!:bravo:

Sham
March 25, 2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by razabq
crackinfo analysis of inzy's batting (http://plus.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/MAR/214638_INDPAK2004-05_25MAR2005.html)

Or you could decide to heavily defend the cover zone and force Inzy to compensate by shuffling accross and try to work the ball down the legside.

I can't believe that the Indians weren't doing that in the first place, especially with a leg-spinner bowling. The thing with Inzy is, once you let him get on the back foot, he has so much time to play his shots that he can almost pick a spot and hit it. But I think they have something there about trying to get him to come forward, he almost seems too lazy when he bats to actually shuffle his considerable weight forward so I would think the bowlers chances of getting his out are much higher when he is on the front foot although I don't have any statistics to back it up.

As for BD, we may not have bowlers who are as accurate as McGrath or Warne, but we have bowlers who can bowl to a plan. Of course, they will bowl the occasional wayward delivery, but the days of Shanto are over, and this lot of Mashrafe, Tapash, Rafique etc are quite consistent with their line and length. So we will benefit immensely by having this sort of analysis done of our opponents. I hope to God that our management has atleast procured video tapes of England's recent series against South Africa and the series against New Zealand at the early part of last summer and are studying them thoroughly so that when the national camp starts, they can point out a thing or two to the players.

chinaman
March 25, 2005, 12:11 PM
I do not entertain myself to be in a position to witfully analyze class players like Inzy. However I'm sure the modern day cricket is sofisticated and techy enough to offer strength and weaknesses to the seeker. And the pros know their limits and have the plan B always handy.

As for us, I believe, we're getting in there. Our players developed the right mindset to execute the game plan one way or the other. When McInnes started counting the dot balls, Nazmul started to follow the script in a robotic fashion in England, Nafees put aside his hunger for stroke in an unprecedented display of patience, Enam's feet started to count the steps, Mashrafe started to remain focused even after conceding over boundaries... we know we are on the right tract. We just need to polish it further.