PDA

View Full Version : Starting new polls

chinaman
March 27, 2005, 04:16 PM
Over the last few months we received numerous complains about poor polls. Members expressed their concerns about detoriorating quality of posts due largely to frequent futile, pointless and unproductive polls.

We urge members to take some time to plan ahead to start a thoughtful poll. Members can team up with others for the plan via u2u to come up with polls that are productive, creative, interesting and rich one way or the other. Thank you very much.

Zephaniah
March 27, 2005, 06:36 PM
I guees we should have a poll to decide whether the new guidelines/restrictions/rules should be applied or not?:-/

chinaman
March 27, 2005, 07:40 PM
If you think you have a productive poll in mind that would help improve the quality of polls, please go right ahead, else, don't try poll full fool pull :)

sunniath
March 27, 2005, 09:36 PM
New poll topic:
Should we have more constructive polls?:P

Mahir
March 27, 2005, 11:28 PM
even this thread, so sincerely posted by chinaman, is getting blown out of perspective!

imtiaz82
March 28, 2005, 01:12 AM
Man, your advise looks so much like the group projects we have to do here. Plan from before, being creative, productive and finally contacting each other. A scary thought :(

Originally posted by chinaman
We urge members to take some time to plan ahead to start a thoughtful poll. Members can team up with others for the plan via u2u to come up with polls that are productive, creative, interesting and rich one way or the other. Thank you very much.

chinaman
March 28, 2005, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by nayeem007
Man, your advise looks so much like the group projects we have to do here. Plan from before, being creative, productive and finally contacting each other. A scary thought :(

Scary, may be a little, but rewarding :)

Well you don't have to follow it step by step. These are just suggestions. All we want to see and participitate, is some improved polls. That's all.

I know from my heart that our members are hugely capable of producing better polls. They probably need some encouragement and request as well.

Read somewhere a true story:

Returning from the voting booth, an elderly lady met the Presidential candidate, who is also her neighbour. She shook hands with the candidate and said, "I vote for you even though you never asked me to".

So, I'm asking you all to make your best polls :)

couger
March 28, 2005, 10:54 PM
There's a lot of threads that I find utterly meaningless, boring and to be frank stupid. But I would oppose any sensorship, apart from offensive language off course. Most of the time those threads get what they deserve from other members anyway-severe lungue lashing.

bourny3
March 30, 2005, 04:44 AM
Good work Chinaman somebody needed to say something lets hope it works.