PDA

View Full Version : Tigers competing in the World Cup

ajithlalm
March 28, 2005, 08:38 AM
It is now 3 years more for the World Cup to began. Can Bangladesh do anything major in the World Cup. Winning world cup is impossible but winning matches against the better teams may help to increase the morale of the team and also bring good for the team.

I would like to ask you what are the plans Bangladesh can make to tell teh world they are present in the world cup. What can they are the trategies they do to develop into a better side for the world cup.

fwullah
March 28, 2005, 09:09 AM
Let me tell you something, nothing so far done by our players have left me to forget or forgive the Canada failure.

So, since you have started this thread, so just thought of letting (at least) someone know my grief.

And, one of many ways for the players to get forgiveness for their poor performance (at least from me) is to do well in the coming World Cup. Now what you're gonna mean by 'doing well' - depends upto you, but to me, it means hell of a more than just a one win against the 4th placce ICC Associate nation that we're gonna face this time.

Mahmood
March 28, 2005, 09:33 AM
Depends on a lot of things. THe U-19 players who beat Australia, is making their way into BD team. If they continue to do better, we have a shot.

The selectors always sucked for BD, untill Faruk took over. Now, we have a good selection team (other than few mistakes like the Shanto incident), if we can maintain that, we have a shot.

Ash, Rajin, Nafis, Aftab, Enamul and Mash should mature and be in their top form in 3 years. If that happens, we have a shot.

A shot to make it to the super six.

Rubu
March 28, 2005, 10:57 AM
point on! to me as well, the 'shot' or 'doing well' is to go into the super six.

Xavier
March 28, 2005, 11:29 AM
I suppose there will be no super-six this time as the 2007 World Cup will be played on four groups, each with four teams, and afterwards the knockout stage (quarterfinal, semifinals...). Look at this:
http://www.icc-cricket.com/db/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2005/FEB/187850_ICC-MEDIA_23FEB2005.html

If the ICC ODI standings doesn't change until next april, Bangladesh will have to play with India, New Zealand and the fourth team out of ICC trophy (Canada? Ireland? Namibia?)
For BD it won't be easy to beat whether India or NZ to go to quarterfinal, but not impossible! ;)

cricket_pagla
March 28, 2005, 12:20 PM
:flag::flag::flag: we're going to WC 2007... if all our batsman getting runs and all our bowlers getting wickets...:P

AsifTheManRahman
March 28, 2005, 01:01 PM
this is sad, but we haven't been able to display any sort of clear domination over the associates yet. i'll be satisfied only if we crush the associates, beat a couple of seniors and advance to the next round.

Edited on, March 28, 2005, 7:47 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

Huda
March 28, 2005, 02:44 PM
firstly we need to crush/hammer soem assocuiate teams in the first round then a cpupel of upsets, and who knows the super 4 may not be that far away.

Beamer
March 28, 2005, 03:24 PM
Its still a long time ahead to make any meaningful predictions. But, our batting should improve by miles as the mostly younger players will be approaching their prime and subsequent maturation processes. Our opponents India and NZ will be a different squad as well by then.

couger
March 29, 2005, 05:17 AM
Ask me in 2 years.

PoorFan
March 29, 2005, 06:38 AM
If the ICC change their rules, then our target will be get qualified first.
If not then a win against India or NZ will be our first target I guess.

ajithlalm
March 29, 2005, 11:26 AM
Hunt them Young. Find about 30 young players in the age 20s. Find some quality players and make them play country cricket. Give them coaching in Australian Accademy and Australian and England pitches. Send them to India, Pakistan, and Srilanka to play domestic matches. Play them in A team matches. Conduct more A team matches with top sides in and outside country.
Bring Twenty Twenty Cricket in the country in domestic levels to bring more stroke players and money.
Send A team matches outside the country and play A team matches inside the country in almost every month with roatating the players about 30 players . You might ask where would be money comes. Play about all countries from Australia to Canada in 2 years with rotating the players in A Cup matches. Sell TV rights for Twenty Twenty matches for money.

Hope my plans works

Ameer
March 29, 2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by ajithlalm
It is now 3 years more for the World Cup to began. Can Bangladesh do anything major in the World Cup. Winning world cup is impossible but winning matches against the better teams may help to increase the morale of the team and also bring good for the team.

I would like to ask you what are the plans Bangladesh can make to tell teh world they are present in the world cup. What can they are the trategies they do to develop into a better side for the world cup.

Bro, it's only two years away. And Bangladesh should atleast look to beat teams like Kenya, Canada and Zimbabwe... and also aim to get atleast one win against the better teams.

chinaman
March 29, 2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Ameer
Bro, it's only two years away. And Bangladesh should atleast look to beat teams like Kenya, Canada and Zimbabwe... and also aim to get atleast one win against the better teams.

hehehe, let me tell you something, bro, winning is a habit, very bad habit. Look at the Aussies, they just can't stop winning.

It seems Bangladesh catches the same bad habit recently - apperantly from the Aussie coaches and staff, and its not gonna go away any time soon, whether it's a two year or three year. :)

BTW, both India and Pakistan already experienced how the tiger's bite felt and if they look forward to it, we wouln't mind to give each of them one more big bite. :)