PDA

View Full Version : Mashrafe Mortaza(Spelling?)

Queenslander
March 29, 2005, 12:22 AM
How is this bloke going these days? I saw him play against Australia in a couple of one dayers in 2003 and he looked the goods. The only bowler from Bangladesh who really looked like troubling the Australian batsmen...was quick and only about 19 at the time I think...has he improved? Is he one of the best players for Bangladesh now?

Arnab
March 29, 2005, 12:31 AM
http://www.banglacricket.com/games/profile.php?c=18

Rubu
March 29, 2005, 12:33 AM
yes he is. (kind of where the profile of the link above ends...)

he is the best strike bowler of bangladesh now.

he had been very injury prone and was out of play for long times in two big occations. still he managed to come back and come back big time.

his return series was against india and he shined there with bat ball and fielding!

right now in national cricket leage he is appearing more of as an allrounder than a pure bowler.

and yes, he is already famous for his quickfire at the end of the innings.

day by day he is turning to be a class allrounder than just a quickie.

Edited on, March 29, 2005, 5:36 AM GMT, by AgentSmith.

Queenslander
March 29, 2005, 01:04 AM
Good to hear!

ialbd
March 29, 2005, 01:25 AM
Very important question...

Mashrafee shusto ase to? This is the time (well maybe in couple more weeks) he should be indoor, eibar thang bhangle cholbe na... i can picturize his 140K delivery going pass Trescothick's helmet....
________
YAMAHA BW200 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_BW200)

RazabQ
March 29, 2005, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by ialbd
i can picturize his 140K delivery going pass Trescothick's helmet....

I'd heard of getting "posterized", but "picturize" to nutan shobdo money hochchey :) B'sides the key to tresco is to probe outside the offstump. He's kinda like dangula and sanath that way - i.e. his game is based on superior hand-eye coordination allied to great power, not supple footwork.

fwullah
March 29, 2005, 03:24 AM
Since this thread is about improvement of Mashrafee, I will be hoping to see a 5-for from Mashrafee, especially in English conditions.

But is he upto it? So far, before the Zimbabwe series, only Mohammad Rafique has shown that he is a test class bowler - one such proof is taking 5-fers not only once or twice, but on majority of occassions and against strong opponents.

Even if we forget Rafique's achievements for the time being while speaking of Mashrafee, we have to remember that Monjurul Islam took 6 wickets in his debut test match. So, if Mashrafee would really want to improve his name (on his reputation), then he should take at least one 4-wicket-haul, if not a 5-wicket-haul.

couger
March 29, 2005, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by fwullah
Even if we forget Rafique's achievements for the time being while speaking of Mashrafee, we have to remember that Monjurul Islam took 6 wickets in his debut test match. So, if Mashrafee would really want to improve his name (on his reputation), then he should take at least one 4-wicket-haul, if not a 5-wicket-haul.

I agree and actually think he has very good chance of doing that in England, given the conditions there.

ialbd
March 29, 2005, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by razabq

I'd heard of getting "posterized", but "picturize" to nutan shobdo money hochchey :)

Amar english niye aar lojja diyen na bhai I am not that strong in english, but the thing is the word 'picturize' does exist in the dictionary unfortunately u didnt hear it ....

peace
________
Barber pro series (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Barber_Pro_Series)

RazabQ
March 29, 2005, 07:08 AM

I'd heard of getting "posterized", but "picturize" to nutan shobdo money hochchey :)

Amar english niye aar lojja diyen na bhai I am not that strong in english, but the thing is the word 'picturize' does exist in the dictionary unfortunately u didnt hear it ....
peace

Ami bhai fajlami korchilam. Apni amader jonno video jogar kore den - nothing but respect for you :) B'sides, amar banglar ja obostha ... :)

BTW the term "posterize" comes from the once ubuiquitous posters of Michael Jordan dunking. Inevitably, such a poster would consist of an hapless NBA player, over whose extended and futile looking arms, the tongued-one would be conducting slamma-jamma. From then on, word spread that if you were a defender against his airness, you wouldn't want to get "posterized"; i.e. be the poor sucka getting dunked upon.

Perhaps if Mashrafee makes a habit of making batsmen nastanabud and the pictures show up on cricinfo or bbc often, we can start claiming those batsmen are getting "picturized" :)

al Furqaan
March 29, 2005, 02:27 PM
i can picturize his 140K delivery going pass Trescothick's helmet....

I'd heard of getting "posterized", but "picturize" to nutan shobdo money hochchey :) B'sides the key to tresco is to probe outside the offstump. He's kinda like dangula and sanath that way - i.e. his game is based on superior hand-eye coordination allied to great power, not supple footwork.

LOL

pagol-chagol
March 29, 2005, 02:41 PM
Could someone post the video of Rahul and Viru outs by Mashrafee. Those are classics.

AsifTheManRahman
March 29, 2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Could someone post the video of Rahul and Viru outs by Mashrafee. Those are classics.

internet tonno tonno kore khujlam...not a single pic of that dravid wicket :(

does anybody have one?

Arnab
March 29, 2005, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol

Well, the viru out is there in the profile section.

http://www.banglacricket.com/games/picture.php?p=174

bourny3
March 30, 2005, 04:58 AM
Go Mashrafe