PDA

View Full Version : 14 Feb 2003 - BAN vs SL - WC2003 - ODI

Sham
February 14, 2003, 02:19 AM
Match scheduled to start at 800 GMT which is less than an hour from now. So here we go, good luck Bangladesh!

Edited on, May 9, 2005, 12:51 PM GMT, by radicalsami.

Sham
February 14, 2003, 02:47 AM
Sri Lanka has won the toss and put Bangladesh into bat! One change from the last match, Ashraful comes in in place of Habibul Bashar.

Nasif
February 14, 2003, 03:03 AM
0/2 how sad. I can't bear it.

Sham
February 14, 2003, 03:06 AM
There we go again. Very sad!

Nasif
February 14, 2003, 03:08 AM
4th down in one over. After this match we shouldn't play cricket anymore. I can't believe my eyes. God please help us.

Rokon didn't even got to face a ball. This is humiliating. Unbearable. :(

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by nasif]

DOORBIN
February 14, 2003, 03:11 AM
This is something .................................................. ..............................................

What's happening ? Do we really deserve this ?

Sham
February 14, 2003, 03:12 AM
W W W 4 Y. W .

Beautiful. I feel bad for all of you who are having to watch this.

Piranha
February 14, 2003, 03:13 AM
Seriously, we should pack up and leave the world cup. There is no need to play any thing else. Give everyone a day off and not work so hard to put on the cricket jerseys.

Piranha
February 14, 2003, 03:15 AM
After 5/4 this is what happens...

Nissanka to Al Sahariar, no run, outside off, goes for a huge drive and is beaten

Oh God what did we do to deserve this?

DOORBIN
February 14, 2003, 03:19 AM
With 3 days of HARD WORK, I was really looking forward to some entertainment.

And this is what I got today...................

OK, see you all later. Bye.

Nasif
February 14, 2003, 03:30 AM
Rokon gone with a stupid shot. Are we aiming for new lowest score record? 5 down 5 to go.

This will be devasting blow to our confidence (whatever was left after canda match).

Sham
February 14, 2003, 03:34 AM
I am even more convinced now that these idiots need to be beaten senseless. I think what we should do is, since they like to call themselves the tigers, we should put them into the tigers' cage at the Mirpur Zoo. Let them fight it out for their survival and the right to call themselves the 'tigers'. The real tigers in there are under nourished, while these phonies are getting apartments. Lets put em in I say, let the real tigers show em who is boss!

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by Sham]

Sham
February 14, 2003, 03:50 AM
Looks like we have failed to register the lowest ODI score. Dammit, can't do anything right!

DOORBIN
February 14, 2003, 03:53 AM
After all, this is our team.

After all. this is our country. Can't stay away for a long time.

What's next? What do we do now? Where do we start from?

We are definitely on our way to creating a record LOWEST in the history of international cricket. What's next ?

Nasif
February 14, 2003, 03:57 AM
God saved us today. We aren't creating lowest score record. That still belongs to Zim 38 all out against Sri Lanka (I think in 2000).

That doesn't matter. We didn't learn anything:

10.3 Vaas to Khaled Mashud, no run, goes fishin' outside off, luckily misses

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by nasif]

DOORBIN
February 14, 2003, 04:01 AM
Nasif,

Thanks for this information. I feel a lot better now. Looks like Kapali is going to do something today..................let's hope for the best..

Piranha
February 14, 2003, 04:02 AM
They actually scored 50+ !!From my point of view, that is a huge achievement. I should now go to sleep as a satisfied man.

DOORBIN
February 14, 2003, 04:03 AM
A half century is all I want. That will keep me going.........................

Kapali can do it.

Sham
February 14, 2003, 04:11 AM
All I want is for us to avoid our lowest score in ODIs, which 76, scored against Sri Lanka on August 5, 2002.

James90
February 14, 2003, 04:12 AM
Thank god i missed the first hour...i started following at 5/40

DOORBIN
February 14, 2003, 04:14 AM
Sham,

Looks like your wish will come true. I believe we will cross 120 mark.

A lot depends on this partnership.

Piranha
February 14, 2003, 04:15 AM
Habibul_fan I am very jealous of you. I wish I had not seen anything of the last 1.5 hrs.

samia
February 14, 2003, 04:18 AM
just when i thought that kapali and mashud were doing fine...kapali is out and we're atill at 70!!

Nasif
My tv is on in other room (vcr is taping it). I promised to me that I won't watch until Kapali can get 50 or something. I couldn't bear it after watching 4 out in first over. I was going to have a heart attack.

Sham
Kapali gone! 70 for 6. Doorbin, lets not get carried away with the expectations. The more you expect, the worse it will get.

Nasif
February 14, 2003, 04:19 AM
Kapali gone and we won't cross 100 now. Sad.

James90
February 14, 2003, 04:23 AM
6/72 c'mon Rafique

Piranha
February 14, 2003, 04:24 AM
There should be a law against speaking too soon.

James90
February 14, 2003, 04:26 AM
Everyone hit the chat

samia
February 14, 2003, 04:44 AM
sigh....82 for 7.... wonder how long we have to endure this and yet we cannot switch off the tv...pure torture.

Ehsan
February 14, 2003, 05:41 AM
Well done Mashrafe....he batted a way lot than our stupid batsman...I'm shocked what happen to our batsmans

DOORBIN
February 14, 2003, 06:26 AM
I say this because I know the quality of Sri Lankan batsmen. They could have scored a lot more than this if the bowling was of a 2nd class standard. So far Jayasuriya hasn't hit a six.

Repeating, our bowlers are pretty good. And Mashrafe is a 2-in-1. Know what I mean ?

samia
February 14, 2003, 06:36 AM
just 49 runs required for the match to be turned into another BD defeat...and the pace with which sri lanka is going,it wont be long before we r comforitng each other again...atleast this time we were expecting it.
and yes mashrafe mortaza was like a breath of fresh air.

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by samia]

[Edited on 14-2-2003 by samia]

Cricket46
February 14, 2003, 06:44 AM
Our bowlers are much better than our batsmen. Contrary was the general feeling. Also, people used to think we cannot play test matches, but I think we cannot even play ODIs. They cannot simply play out 50 overs. I am not kidding, but sometimes I wonder if we would qualify if we had to play the ICC tournament for associates again. Some teams have improved a lot.

However, after the Canada match this looks much better. Unless for non-cricketing reasons, I cannot understand why Sujon was again ignored. He is one of the fighters that we have in the team. We do not need flashy players we need those who can grind their way out, or at least try to do so.

DOORBIN
February 14, 2003, 07:05 AM
I agree with you 100%.

Khaled Mahmud. Oh yeah.

Our selectors seem to be very much fond of "NOTUN MUKH".

Sham
February 14, 2003, 07:15 AM
About our top order today, I don't know what to say. They never got in, so its hard to judge. However, what the hell was Hannan doing playing an expansive drive to the first ball of the innings. He just doesn't have ANY brains whatsoever. But the dismissal I was most disappointed with was Rokon's. Having seen 4 wickets go down at the other end in the first over, he should have realized that it called for someone to play a sensible, responsible innings. And he had the perfect partner in Kapali at the other end to build something up. But, he decided not to learn a damn thing from the first over!

As for the bowlers, they are definitely better. However, the one day game is so stacked in favour of batsmen anyway, that even if the bowlers were crap, it wouldn't make much of a difference, it wouldnt be as noticeable. Test teams score 300 against each other in 50 overs, so whats so bad about scoring 350 against us? We can't be humiliated because of our bowling unless the opposition scores 400 or something.

Our batting, that is another matter altogether. Till our batsmen realize that its better to play 50 overs for about 3.5 - 4 an over than play 25 at 5.5 an over, we are going to see many more repeats of today. For Gods sake our opener should know better than to try to hit the first ball for 4. Its probably unfair to pick on one person when they all do so terribly, but I think Hannan must go. He does so much more damage than good. I just cant help feel that had he decided to block that first ball from Vaas, the whole innings could have been a different story. I just don't know what he was thinking!

Nasif
February 14, 2003, 07:22 AM
That was a perfect delivery to be blocked. Ball pitching on offstump and coming in a bit. Hannan didn't move the bat for ball's inswing and there was gap in between his feet and bat. Ball went through the gap after he had a wild drive at it. When you are an opener you must see how ball moves in first few deliveries and the adjust for those swings.

I am talking in vain.... :mad:

Cricket46
February 14, 2003, 07:31 AM
We were shouting against Sumon and he has been dropped now. What about Rokon? What good was that 177 against Namibia when he is unable to deliver when it matters the most? I have millions of questions but who will answer them. It is true we should not point fingers but what is more true is: who else do we have to substitute these people. We cried for Ashraful and what did he do! Is it really that we are not in that grade yet? May be we are asking too much of our batsmen. I don't know. All that I know is I am very disturbed.

It cannot be Kapali and Masud all the time. Why cannot at least 2 of the front line batsmen come good?

shahid
February 14, 2003, 07:36 AM
123 all out, Just an improvement of 3 runs.

Ehsan
February 14, 2003, 08:21 AM
PPl I'm really frustrated & feel teribly humiliated there is not poin of even keeping this site....There is no future of Bangladesh Cricket:(:o

Cricket46
February 14, 2003, 08:50 AM
I totally disagree with that comment. This site should be there. As I said after the defeat against Canada. This is where like minded people - who love Bangladesh cricket - can come and share their pain. It is a place to vent our supressed emotions.

I live in a land where I cannot talk about cricket, let alone Bangladesh cricket. Even a lot of Bangladeshis do not care about cricket. These pages have given me the space to express my anger, frustration and above all deep pain.

That was only my opinion.

samia
February 14, 2003, 09:08 AM
i agree with cricket46

Tehsin
February 14, 2003, 02:59 PM
Bhai, I have been doing this for over 3 years now, with the board and everything and hadto endure the same pain you did. Three years back, I used to tell myself, it will be a different story by 2003, we will win 2 matches and give the big ones a little scare. Unfortunately, it has actually gone down. We miss QUALITY openers like Athar and even Opee right now.

I wasn't too impressed with Bulbul's comment about how this players are not as good as the ones rom his time but it looks like the guy did have a point. :(

Back to the site - gives us a chance to share this frusttration and never ending nightmare. It's like group therapy. :)

Wonder if we could get the players in here and talk to them - as straightforward as they come.

James90
February 14, 2003, 11:50 PM
They will pick it up after the Australian Tour