PDA

View Full Version : BC members going to BD matches in England- Who and Where thread

oracle
April 1, 2005, 03:29 PM
List of BC members going to matches-England 2005 (http://www.banglacricket.com/files/BC_ENG.xls)

Banners (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/viewthread.php?tid=11614)

As the tour is approaching fast maybe it is time to do a check on those that are planning or those that have already bought tickets to various matches that Bangladesh will play in England.

Now some of our staff and mods have expressed an interest to take pictures; write match reports or just be a Banglacricket fan present on that day. You are all encouraged to write about your experiences with photos that will be appreciated by fans who cannot make it to the matches.

I would like to compile a list so that we know who is going where. And if anyone is interested we can plan an informal meet up in the grounds. So all of you who have bought tickets please share the good news and provide tips to others who are thinking about the logistics. Tell us briefly about your plans.

Thanks folks.

Here is the list of matches/websites for tickets for your information:

British Universities - Fenners
May 10-12

Sussex - Hove
May 15-17

Northants - Northampton
May 20-22

1st Test - Lord's
May 26-30
Lords Ticketing (http://212.53.85.48/acatalog/Thursday_16_May.html)

2nd Test - Riverside
Jun 3-7
Durham c cricket club (http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/index.asp?uid=422154219&sectionid=119&pageid=)

Derbyshire - Derby
Jun 10

Worcestershire - New Road
Jun 12

NatWest Series - The Oval
Jun 16
Surreycricket (http://www.surreycricket.com/)

NatWest Series - Sophia Gardens
Jun 18
Glamorgan Cricket (http://glamorgancricket.com/)

NatWest Series - Trent Bridge
Jun 21 (Floodlit)
Nottinghamshire cricket club (http://www.nottsccc.co.uk/main.html)

NatWest Series - Old Trafford
Jun 25
Lancashire cricket club (http://www.lccc.co.uk/dev/displaynews.php?id=60)

NatWest Series - Headingley
Jun 26
Yorkshire Cricket club (http://www.yorkshireccc.org.uk/view.asp?id=118)

Natwest-CAnterbury
Jun30
Aus-BD
KCCC (http://www.kentccc.com/shoponeday.php)

Edited on, May 21, 2005, 8:55 PM GMT, by oracle.

abu_akif
April 1, 2005, 05:01 PM
I want to join June 25 and June 26 matches. Can anyone tell me how I can get the tickets for these two matches??

Sham
April 1, 2005, 05:10 PM
Those matches are being played at Old Trafford, which is in Manchester and at Headingley in Leeds. If you are flying in from Denmark, you might want to go to matches which are closer to London, like the May 30th game at Canterbury. Actually, if you go up to Manchester for the June 25th game, you are most of the way up to Leeds so you can do it! Or, I suppose you could even fly directly to Manchester. That would be ideal for you.

As for tickets, I am sure the grounds each have a website which sell tickets online or over the phone. If not, try the county team sites. Old Trafford is the home of Lancashire County Cricket Club and Headingley is the home of Yorkshire CCC. If that doesn't work, send me a u2u and I'll try to find out.

pagol-chagol
April 1, 2005, 05:20 PM
I think this is a good thread to make Sticky until the end of this tour. This will help regular and new visitors of BanglaCricket.com who live in England organize their cheerleading.

Navarene
April 1, 2005, 06:33 PM
Online tickets (http://212.53.85.48/acatalog/England_v_Sri_Lanka.html) for Lord's test

tpusltn
April 1, 2005, 07:54 PM
For those our American members, there is a direct flight from JFK to Manchester Intl Airport.

You can take train direct to Old Trafford ground. Don't get off at Warwick Rd station, then you'll be getting off one station earlier.

Old Trafford is across the Man United ground. Princess Pkwy Rd is the road running in between.

Sham
April 1, 2005, 08:00 PM
If you come all the way from America, don't go to Manchester for the ODI, come to London for the Test match at Lord's! :)

Does anyone know when the final squad will be announced and when the players arrive in London?

Sham
April 1, 2005, 09:01 PM
Okay, they are coming on the 8th, which I think is a bit late, given that the first match starts on the 10th. That will give them a day in the middle to acclimatize! They could have given themselves a couple of days extra to get used to the time zone and the weather!

Rubayed
April 2, 2005, 07:17 PM
I'm coming to UK around that time,,so i'm definitely going at 1st Test - Lord's
May 26-30

dukha
April 2, 2005, 08:42 PM
Are we that bad team so . we have to have the warm-up with thw Team like "British University" Is that a county team ? It's not even a county team ......... That's shame for our country and our team unless we have 1-1 in the test series .

oracle
April 2, 2005, 08:52 PM
Information regarding websites and ticketing will be regularly updated here. Thanks

Edited on, April 3, 2005, 1:53 AM GMT, by oracle.

Sham
April 2, 2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by dukha
Are we that bad team so . we have to have the warm-up with thw Team like "British University" Is that a county team ? It's not even a county team ......... That's shame for our country and our team unless we have 1-1 in the test series .

The warm up schedule has nothing to do with how good a team we are! The first warm-up matches for touring teams is usually against a non-FC team, although the British Universities team play each of the county teams once every summer! Traditionally, the first warm-up game on a tour of England used to be against the Duke of Norfolk's XI at Arundel, but that doesn't happen anymore it seems! Anyway, we have to stop becoming so defensive. The world isn't out to humiliate us!

Tehsin
April 3, 2005, 10:12 PM
Folks in UK. This is an excellent opportunity to get to know your fellow fans, and even greater opportunity to show the BD (and BC) pride in the stands as we take on the English. We have a good group of people all over UK and I only wish I was living there. I know that you'll have a get together before, during and after the matches. Think about how much fun it'll be to have a big group out there inthe stands ? We can make sure that our boys don't miss the home crowd. Get your BD colors out, get the Flags, the drinks AND the DRUMS.

LateCut
April 3, 2005, 10:37 PM
I planning to be there for Lords test. My sister lives in Pinar and St Johns is just a short hop by tube from her place.

feisal
April 4, 2005, 01:41 AM
WISH wish wish!!!!!!!!

abu_akif
April 4, 2005, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Sham
Those matches are being played at Old Trafford, which is in Manchester and at Headingley in Leeds. If you are flying in from Denmark, you might want to go to matches which are closer to London, like the May 30th game at Canterbury. Actually, if you go up to Manchester for the June 25th game, you are most of the way up to Leeds so you can do it! Or, I suppose you could even fly directly to Manchester. That would be ideal for you.

As for tickets, I am sure the grounds each have a website which sell tickets online or over the phone. If not, try the county team sites. Old Trafford is the home of Lancashire County Cricket Club and Headingley is the home of Yorkshire CCC. If that doesn't work, send me a u2u and I'll try to find out.

Sham, thanx a lot. I am going to be with my uncle who lives in Leeds, so I will come to London Stansted and directly go to Leeds a day earlier.

Hope to meet some guys in the stadium.

ferdous
April 4, 2005, 05:21 AM
I have already purchased 3 tickets for the one-day match at the Oval aginst England on 16th June. Hope to see some of BC fans there.

Yameen
April 4, 2005, 07:06 AM
How do i get tickets for canterbury natwest one day game between Bang. and Aus. on 30th june?

oracle
April 4, 2005, 08:38 AM
Yameen-FYI-pls. see my openning post where all the websites are listed together with the match and venue. Ticketing is online thru those sites.

Update on members who have stated their plans:

Lords-Rubayed;Latecut;Sham
Oval match-Oracle;Ferdous
Old Trafford -abu_ Akif
Headingley_abu_Akif
Sophia Gardens;Cardiff-Oracle

Sorry
April 4, 2005, 11:13 AM
I am going to Old Trafford and Headingly to watch one dayers. Its only an hour and half an hour respectively from my home.

al Furqaan
April 4, 2005, 03:47 PM
where is taiful??? anyone seen him recently?

Sham
April 5, 2005, 02:48 AM
Oracle, you can put me next to Fenner's and Canterbury as well!

mafij
April 5, 2005, 03:32 AM
Hello ! Everyone, Nice to talk to you. We from Vallance Cricket Club VCC based in Tower Hamlets, East London UK, bought some 30 tickets for the game at Oval 16th June. We are also planning to visit Headingly Leeds. VCC are looking for potential players if you live in London particulary East London then please contact me. Mafij: 07932957758 or e-mail: vcricketclub@yahoo.co.uk

Sticky Wicket
April 5, 2005, 10:17 AM
Folks,

I've just put a post up in the other thread that I have been advised by my 'gorah' colleagues who have been to Lord's that the best place to sit is in the Grand Stand as you have a good view of the big replay screen and also the corporate hospitality box is just above.....so you might be able to see some famous faces!

Sham
April 5, 2005, 10:33 AM
I disagree! Yes its true, you sit with a good view of the large screen and the hospitatly boxes aren't above you, they are right opposite you on the other side of the ground, so yeah, maybe you'll see a famous face or two, but you are square on to the wicket! I don't know what your 'gorah' colleagues prefer but I defintely would prefer to watch from straight on, its a better view from which to watch the game in my view!

For me, the best stands to watch cricket at Lord's are from the Compton or Edrich stands (upper tier).

Edited on, April 5, 2005, 3:35 PM GMT, by Sham.

belal
April 5, 2005, 10:45 AM
:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanf lag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::
i am coming from toronto canada

Edited on, April 5, 2005, 4:17 PM GMT, by oracle.
Reason: spacing of flags

oracle
April 5, 2005, 11:22 AM
An excel sheet containing the names of Banglacricket members who are going to matches has been created (that will be updated regularly). The list is at the top thread.

If you are going and do not see your name in the list please inform us of the details so it can be incorporated. Thanks for the cooperation.
Thanks to Chinaman for the link.
:)

couger
April 5, 2005, 11:57 AM
You guys are killing me. Its like a wealthy guy showing off to his not-so-fortunate realtives. I AM SOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS. Just couldn't manage even three days form work. Daymn!

Sham
April 5, 2005, 12:46 PM
Couger, I suggest you stay away from this thread because its gonna get worse as the tour gets closer and closer. Where do you work?

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by couger
You guys are killing me. Its like a wealthy guy showing off to his not-so-fortunate realtives. I AM SOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS. Just couldn't manage even three days form work. Daymn!

hah! and i can't go because i don't have the money! i'm sure that'll relieve some of the pain you little devil! :) at least you'll have someone to show off to now!

Mav
April 6, 2005, 07:52 PM
dude...

You guys in uk gotta rock the stadiums, support from fans is what our team needs.

Be there, Raise the Flag.

Rubayed
April 6, 2005, 09:49 PM
I'm gonna go to the game at Lords but could anyone who've been to Lords can tell me which stand gives u the better view of the game? I've read few people going for grand stand,compton or Edrich stand,,so i'm confused! Ideas please!

Sham
April 7, 2005, 04:24 AM
Well, like I said, I prefer Compton and Edrich upper tiers. But really, its up to your preference? For me, the best way to watch is from straight on, like you do on television, from behind the bowlers arm. Over course, every other over you will be behind the batsman, but thats the way it is. However, from the Grandstand, you will see the game from the side and its not as good a view. Which is why in almost all grounds, the pavilion, media centres, members areas, hospitality boxes and all are at the two ends of the pitch, not side on. Also, tickets for the straight-on seats are more expensive than side-on, so go figure!

Its really up to whether you want to watch the games from mid off/on or whether you want to watch it from mid wicket/cover.

Mav
April 7, 2005, 05:31 AM
have a lil bro/sis take the responsibility of recording the match from tv, so that you guys can njoy at home later.

But, if u r in uk, you gotta go man, some people r flying from u.s and canada.

Rubayed
April 7, 2005, 12:23 PM
Well, like I said, I prefer Compton and Edrich upper tiers. But really, its up to your preference? For me, the best way to watch is from straight on, like you do on television, from behind the bowlers arm. Over course, every other over you will be behind the batsman, but thats the way it is. However, from the Grandstand, you will see the game from the side and its not as good a view. Which is why in almost all grounds, the pavilion, media centres, members areas, hospitality boxes and all are at the two ends of the pitch, not side on. Also, tickets for the straight-on seats are more expensive than side-on, so go figure!

Its really up to whether you want to watch the games from mid off/on or whether you want to watch it from mid wicket/cover.

Thanks Sham for your advice, i agree with u, all my life i've also beleived that the best place to watch cricket is straight on. I think i'll go for Compton or Edrich Stand, do u know which one gives a better view of the giant screen? I also think it's not fun to watch from the midwicket or cover region,,side views are perhaps more suited for soccer or tennis, but is just my opinion, no offence to anyone!

Edited on, April 7, 2005, 5:24 PM GMT, by Rubayed.

Sham
April 7, 2005, 04:07 PM
The giant screen is right behind the Edrich Stand, so its easier to see it from the Compton upper!

mwrkhan
April 8, 2005, 06:24 AM
To all Bangladeshi fans going to and in the UK already, please attend the BD games en-masse. Wear green and carry flags (preferable to banners). Congregate in the stadia!! We have to make our presence felt.

Also, should the pitch be invaded by a streaker (of either gender) be sure to raise a good cheer!

rib tickler
April 8, 2005, 11:05 AM
Hello to everyone. I have bought a combined 12 tickets for the Lords test and the Oval ODI - planning to make it a real friends and family affair. So I will definitely be at those two matches and if I get the chance may attend one of the warm up matches too.

Good luck to th BD boys and I hope they gives all something to cheer on.

al Furqaan
April 10, 2005, 11:50 AM
what if our boys get nervous???

maybe no bangladeshis should attend for the sake of our team.

;) :fanflag:

israr
April 12, 2005, 01:46 PM
You guys are doin' a great job. Just hope that more number of fans attend the matches so that we can prove the critics we are a strong force of cricketing nation and the crowds will follow us wherever Bangladesh goes to play. Just wish that the Bangladeshi spectators outnumbers the english supporters in the stadiums.

Shish Ahmed
April 15, 2005, 10:45 AM
Guys,

I will be Lord's Inshallah for the test on day one. Also planning to go to Northampton on the 21st May for the warm up game. May also go to derby and worcester in mid june but not sure.

:bravo:

oracle
April 15, 2005, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the news everyone. The excel sheet (at top thread) will be updated today and reloaded soon so that you can see at a glance who is going where. Hopefully, you will make new friends who share your passion!:)

Edited on, April 15, 2005, 3:50 PM GMT, by oracle.

Shish Ahmed
April 15, 2005, 10:51 AM
I am also trying to get some tickets for the test matches as i work for the sponsors Npower.

Will let you guys know if i can get hold of any.

Banglar Chasha
April 15, 2005, 10:51 AM
Get a big "Bangla Fanatics" flag so Barmy Army can recognise us . We could be Bongo Army ..........

Edited on, April 15, 2005, 3:58 PM GMT, by Banglar Chasha.

Alomelo
April 17, 2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by tpusltn
For those our American members, there is a direct flight from JFK to Manchester Intl Airport.

You can take train direct to Old Trafford ground. Don't get off at Warwick Rd station, then you'll be getting off one station earlier.

Old Trafford is across the Man United ground. Princess Pkwy Rd is the road running in between.

thanks for the info

sraabon
April 21, 2005, 04:42 AM
Got ticket for the Oval One day.

Will be at Lords on Day 1. Are there plans to get seats together?

Let me know.

oracle
April 21, 2005, 06:35 AM
Are there plans to get seats together?

Sraabon:

I am at Bedser stand- Oval . Some people have seating preferences so it makes planning a bit difficult . Anyway, I will get in touch with you by u2u. cheers.

Sham
April 21, 2005, 07:48 AM
The Lord's seats are numbered and you have to pretty much sit where your seat is unless you can convince someone to swap with you. Not sure about the Oval though but I would think its a similar sort of deal!

pilot fan
April 25, 2005, 11:13 AM
at the oval you have to sit at your seat number

in england they are very stricted about that

Desh Bangla
April 25, 2005, 11:15 AM
Cheer for BD team whereever ya go till the last bowl to be bowled . English team is full of overseas players . Watch the background of Strauss , Pietersen , Kabir Ali , Solanki , Usman Afzaal etc atleast we are Banglaeshi in our team ...... Go Bangladesh go ......... Desh Bangladesh . bangladesh ..............

AGC
April 25, 2005, 05:03 PM
Hey guys. I'm most probably gonna attend a few of the games. Haven't decided yet.

Edited on, April 25, 2005, 10:03 PM GMT, by AGC.
Reason: Typo

ononto
April 25, 2005, 05:31 PM
I think it would be better if bd supportars scatters through all the stands then be at a place all together. It would be much appreciable if everyone of them brings some banners to show of. This would really encourage bd team to live up and get goin.

CTazim
April 28, 2005, 04:32 PM
Okay I am planning for the Saturday, Sunday games ODIS in Manchester and Leeds. Can someone tell me what I should look for in terms of tickets-seating arrangements etc? Where can I get them? and whether to fly to Heathrow from JFK or straight to Manchester? Either way I will be staying at a hotel?

Thanks in advance.

Azim

Akib
April 28, 2005, 04:34 PM
I say you should go to Manchester. Leeds is closer to Manchester than it is to London.

oracle
April 28, 2005, 04:41 PM
CTAzim

you should fly into Manchester airport. i think it will be -JFK to MAN. It is direct. And match tickets are available thru internet booking thru the county cricket board- in this case Lancashire and Yorkshire. See my first post where i have added the links.

Now that i think about it , if I had the freedom to choose, then i would make an effort for Lords- which you should seriously consider.:)

Edited on, April 28, 2005, 9:41 PM GMT, by oracle.

mwrkhan
April 28, 2005, 04:42 PM
My request to BC members attending matches in England, take FLAGS with you rather than banners, much more effective and eye catching.

ashkale
May 2, 2005, 05:08 AM
Hi Guys, I wud love to be able to sync our efforts of organizing a reception at the Heathrow with Bangla cricket members- it would be a huge moral boost for our boys.
Please do get in touch with me at ashkale@yahoo.com should you be interested!
cheers.
Ashish

Mahmood
May 2, 2005, 10:14 AM
I only ask one thing.. make sure to go with a BanglaCricket,.com Banner so the tv can pick it up and all fans in BD can see us.

al Furqaan
May 2, 2005, 12:26 PM
yeah have at least one huge www.banglacricket.com banner.

Sham
May 3, 2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Rajputro
I only ask one thing.. make sure to go with a BanglaCricket,.com Banner so the tv can pick it up and all fans in BD can see us.

I seriously doubt that there will be television cameras for our teams' arrival at Heathrow. I can't see BBC, ITV or Sky doing it. So the channels back home won't be able to use anyones footage, as there will be none. However, maybe the guys in Dhaka can arrange a send off reception at ZIA with a huge BanglaCricket.com banner, that will definitely be on every BD channel.

anakwalajinn
May 6, 2005, 05:56 AM
I am going to Manchester to se Australia-Bangladesh....:karate:

Mahmood
May 6, 2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Rajputro

I seriously doubt that there will be television cameras for our teams' arrival at Heathrow. I can't see BBC, ITV or Sky doing it. So the channels back home won't be able to use anyones footage, as there will be none. However, maybe the guys in Dhaka can arrange a send off reception at ZIA with a huge BanglaCricket.com banner, that will definitely be on every BD channel.

Sorry to confuse you, I was saying that for those who will go to the match.

oracle
May 6, 2005, 09:07 AM
-List of BC members going to the matches has been updated.- see top thread peridically or link below:]
Link (http://www.banglacricket.com/files/BC_ENG.xls)

If you you would like to get in touch with members then do make meeting arrangements by using U2U.

Tips to keep in mind for planning:
-notebook
-binoculors
-FM radio transistor (found in any dollar shop;got one for only 2$!)
-and most important - CAMERA or better still digicam/camcorder. Camcorder might be tricky as they are not allowed in certain places -not sure?
-umbrella;caps etc.

Please stay tuned as i am in the process of looking for a printable Banglacricket banner that we can post for member's use. A simple 12"x 36" banner should do the trick. :great:

Edited on, May 6, 2005, 2:09 PM GMT, by oracle.

ejaj_a
May 7, 2005, 02:41 AM
hi guy's,

fans who is travelling frm outside england, need any kind of help or information can write here. we'll try to provide as much info as possible.

Patzer
May 10, 2005, 04:44 AM
I intend to be at the Lord's Test on the Friday.

ejaj_a
May 14, 2005, 05:34 AM
Just to informing to all the BC members who are coming to watch 1st test at Lords, I will be there to support our bengali tigers on the first day. With me I got a srilankan friend who also wanna cheering up BD team at lords. So hope to meet up some of the BC members at lords. I am also going to watch one day game at Oval too. (contact - ejaj_a@hotmail.com)

Edited on, May 14, 2005, 10:47 AM GMT, by ejaj_a.

BioMEMS
May 14, 2005, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by ejaj_a
Just to informing to all the BC members who are coming to watch 1st test at Lords, I will be there to support our bengali tigers on the first day. With me I got a srilankan friend who also wanna cheering up BD team at lords. So hope to meet up some of the BC members at lords. I am also going to watch one day game at Oval too. (contact - ejaj_a@hotmail.com)

Edited on, May 14, 2005, 10:47 AM GMT, by ejaj_a.

It would have been nice if I had lived in London. I could have also brought my sri lankan friend along to watch the game with you guys! :)

ejaj_a
May 14, 2005, 06:23 AM
It would have been nice if I had lived in London. I could have also brought my sri lankan friend along to watch the game with you guys

Never mind! Thats sad u gonna miss the opportunity to cheering up our boy's but hope u gonna enjoy the other game with ur SL mate, which may play nearby you.

Imtiaz
May 14, 2005, 07:28 AM
Sussex - Hove
May 15-17

I hope to be there tomorrow

Northants - Northampton
May 20-22

Probably not but will try on Saturday

1st Test - Lord's
May 26-30
Lords Ticketing (http://212.53.85.48/acatalog/Thursday_16_May.html)

Yes, hope to see the first 4 [ ? ] days.

2nd Test - Riverside
Jun 3-7
Durham c cricket club (http://www.durhamccc.co.uk/index.asp?uid=422154219&sectionid=119&pageid=)

Probably not.

Derbyshire - Derby
Jun 10

Worcestershire - New Road
Jun 12

NatWest Series - The Oval
Jun 16

Yes.
Surreycricket (http://www.surreycricket.com/)

NatWest Series - Sophia Gardens
Jun 18

Yes.
Glamorgan Cricket (http://glamorgancricket.com/)

NatWest Series - Trent Bridge
Jun 21 (Floodlit)
Nottinghamshire cricket club (http://www.nottsccc.co.uk/main.html)

NatWest Series - Old Trafford
Jun 25
Lancashire cricket club (http://www.lccc.co.uk/dev/displaynews.php?id=60)

Yes

NatWest Series - Headingley
Jun 26
Yorkshire Cricket club (http://www.yorkshireccc.org.uk/view.asp?id=118)

Yes

Natwest-CAnterbury
Jun30
Aus-BD
KCCC (http://www.kentccc.com/shoponeday.php)

Edited on, May 6, 2005, 1:51 PM GMT, by oracle.
Reason: updated list [/quote]

Locutus
May 28, 2005, 09:18 AM
Edited on, May 28, 2005, 2:21 PM GMT, by Logen.

Yameen
May 30, 2005, 07:27 AM
Hey just got tickets to see bd-australia at cardiff on the 18th june, anyone else goin there?

oracle
June 13, 2005, 08:06 AM
My seat at Oval-area 6-9, under OCS, row 27 - seats 48

Cardiff- next to Media ctr.

Just confirmed- i am going:great:

Edited on, June 13, 2005, 1:07 PM GMT, by oracle.

r56hg
June 13, 2005, 01:02 PM
I am far from there :fire:

r56hg
June 13, 2005, 06:54 PM
:fanflag: Its look like owesome. I believe our cricketers will not disappoint you :fanflag:

sraabon
June 13, 2005, 06:58 PM
Hello,

I will be at the game on Thursday...is it possible to do a post game get together of BC members at a nearby pub? Can you all U2U me your mobile number?

Thanks,