PDA

View Full Version : Has WI sorted out their problem?

ZunaidH
April 1, 2005, 09:30 PM
I am a happy camper to see West Indies doing so well in their recent test. It was always their batting that brought them down in the recent past. Looks like Lara was their one problem. I don't see the point bringing back Lara ever to cricket. The man is talented -- no doubt, but cricket is a team sport and WI as a team is better off without Brian Lara.

Arnab
April 1, 2005, 11:24 PM
What? I find no sense in your analysis. What are you going to say if they bundle out cheaply in the second innings?

West Indies is playing without Sarwan and Gayle and 4 other players, and Lara was offered to come back to the squad without those 6. But he stood up for those 6 and didn't join the team. Doesn't sound very selfish to me. Sarwan is the next captain of the team. Sarwan and Gayle are the two best batsmen on the team after Lara.

oracle
April 2, 2005, 12:27 AM
Seems like Chanderpaul is basking in the new spotlight vacated by Lara.:)

Shehwar
April 2, 2005, 01:03 AM
Windies need Lara.....Becuz the current squad is a mediocre one....Though they have done a fantastic job so far in this test but the chances are they'll fail to continue this for a longer period of time.....Lara is one match winner who can take it away from any opposition at any given time.....Windies are no match for a quality opposition without Lara.....Though I'm happy to see them do well so far in the ongoing test.....Let Pakistan go to Windies in May and u'll realize wot I mean if they play without Lara.....

ZunaidH
April 2, 2005, 06:34 AM
I agree that West Indies are not at their full potential with the current composition. But they are a better team in terms of being cohesive without Lara. Lara is a selfish player and is more concerned about himself. It makes sense why so many people have made strong arguments about Lara's captaincy in the past. He cares very little about the team.

Spitfire_x86
April 2, 2005, 06:51 AM
Bowling has been their main problem for them in the recent past, not batting (though batting often wasn't great without Lara's major contribution). Even we could score 400+ and declare against them in their homeground.

reverse_swing
April 2, 2005, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by ghor_jamai
I agree that West Indies are not at their full potential with the current composition. But they are a better team in terms of being cohesive without Lara. Lara is a selfish player and is more concerned about himself. It makes sense why so many people have made strong arguments about Lara's captaincy in the past. He cares very little about the team.

I don't get it. From where you got Lara's egotism? Can you pls elucidate this?

ZunaidH
April 2, 2005, 06:24 PM
Relax folks. Its a theory. I personally think Lara is a bad element for team spirit. For captains that is important. The notion of people pointing fingers at Lara's captaincy is clear. I'm willing to bet that WI without Lara will do better, a lot better in the coming years. It is just my hunch -- if you disagree so be it.

Arnab
April 8, 2005, 02:36 PM
Looks like Lara saved Windies with his 27th century.