PDA

View Full Version : Bashar is going to Trinidad?

oracle
April 3, 2005, 08:41 AM
Huh did i miss something. read in a BD newspaper.. just a short line that he is going to West Indies for a charity match? Some Tsunami match .. Does anyone have details?
Whats with all this jet setting now- we have a test match in a month! Should'nt he be bonding and doing captain stuff with the boys?

here it is:
News from Bangladesh (http://www.bangladesh-web.com/view.php?hidDate=2005-04-03&hidType=SPT&hidRecord=0000000000000000040038)

There will be only a one and a half hour session on the opening day. The Bangladesh captain informed he is likely to play in a charity match for the tsunami victims in Trinidad, West Indies next week. So he may miss some training sessions

Edited on, April 3, 2005, 1:43 PM GMT, by oracle.

mahbubH
April 3, 2005, 09:10 AM
I read this news in a BD newspaper (cannot remember the name) about a month ago. At that time he was not sure whether he will go .... now it seems he is going.

Basher was not fuly fit to play all the NCL games but he can mange time to travel other part of the world to play some charity match... well done captain.

BDkhela reported (I don't believe though) that Rafique skipped NCL matches to give more time to his family and he was tired of playing international cricket !!

If there is an international match to play ... a half fit player seems to declare himself fully fit but for NCL their attitude do not remain the same.

Nice!

Exception : Two Khaleds.

Sham
April 3, 2005, 11:22 AM
What an idiotic idea. He will fly 20 hours to an opposite time zone to play in a match which, while for a good cause, does not require Bashar's presence, return tired and jet-lagged and waste a week in the process which he could have spent training, guiding and bonding with his boys before arguably the most important tour that Bangladesh has yet embarked on and this officially is the longest sentence that I have ever written!

Shehwar
April 3, 2005, 11:33 AM
I completely agree with Sham....:up:

Huda
April 3, 2005, 12:54 PM
there 8 weeks before the england test goin to trinidad wont hamper his preparations or anythin else. he is an experienced pro, and it wotn take him a week to revoer sham, more like 3 days or so. hes not goin miss much especially this or next week as they have just regrouped, one member missing from a trainin session wont hamper anything at all, i think u lot at just clutching at straws

RazabQ
April 3, 2005, 07:21 PM
If he goes, has a good knock and comes back with even more confidence, then GREAT!

If he breaks a finger or something, I'll be hopping mad. :)

couger
April 3, 2005, 07:38 PM
Who's idea was it?

jabbar
April 3, 2005, 09:17 PM
The experience will be good for him, to actually play in a team with other international players...

Sham
April 4, 2005, 02:00 AM
I still think its stupid. Huda, the actual time between boarding a plane in Dhaka and arriving back in Dhaka will take more than 3 days. After all, he isn't going to step off the plane, go straight to the ground, play the match and board a plane again! Anyway, whether he goes for 4 days and takes 3 more days to recover or less, is this necessary? If he has to miss training, I wish he would have played another round of the NCL. He scored a duck and 11 in the last game and he could do with a good long innings. Even if he plays a decent odi innings in WI (unlikely) what good will it really do? I'd rather he stayed with his team or get longer version match practice at home!

Blah
April 4, 2005, 07:48 AM
Oh give it a break guys.

It's not like they are going to teach him how to hold a bat in the training sessions.

He is a proven professional player.

The charity match was probably decided even before the NCL started or the practice session schedule was decided. Either way, I don't think it's a big deal.

And who would want to bother playing NCL when you get paid couple of hundreds lousy taka per game as apearance fees. Only the truely desperate who needs to prove themselves to try to get into the national team would bother playing.

It would cost Rafique and Bashar much more if they got injured during the NCL, which is not worth the time or the money.

Blah

Navarene
April 4, 2005, 09:38 AM
Well, injury is a part and parcel of the game. It doesn't necessarily mean that our big boys would get scared the hell out of playing in NCL since they might get injured. What guarantee you have that Bashar will not get injured while playing this charity match in WI? I can't take this crap that big shots like Bashar and Rafique did good not to play in NCL only because they might get injured or its not worth to play for some "lousy money". Do you think that guys like Pilot, Ashraful, Tapash, Masree..all these blokes played in the NCL cause of very little money they are offered? Sham is correct Bashar (and also Rafique) should have concentrated more on longer version matches of NCL rather than taking all the effort to waste some tiresome days going all the way to WI.

Huda
April 4, 2005, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Sham
I still think its stupid. Huda, the actual time between boarding a plane in Dhaka and arriving back in Dhaka will take more than 3 days. After all, he isn't going to step off the plane, go straight to the ground, play the match and board a plane again! Anyway, whether he goes for 4 days and takes 3 more days to recover or less, is this necessary? If he has to miss training, I wish he would have played another round of the NCL. He scored a duck and 11 in the last game and he could do with a good long innings. Even if he plays a decent odi innings in WI (unlikely) what good will it really do? I'd rather he stayed with his team or get longer version match practice at home!

from that point of view i agree with you with getting a longer innings under his belt, but i was commenting on ur previous comment, about returing tired jagged, etc