PDA

View Full Version : British Universities - our first opponent on ENG tour

fwullah
April 3, 2005, 12:55 PM
How strong is the 'British Universities' team? Can we beat them?

The following are taken from the matches of the 2004 year:

Essex has beaten Cambridge University by 153 runs, but Durham has drawn with Durham UCCE, Oxford UCCE has just barely drawn with Surrey, Worcestershire has beaten Cardiff UCCE by an innings & 224 runs, Yorkshire bt Bradford/Leeds UCCE by 481 runs ...............

Scorecards of universities during 2004 (http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/2004/ENG_LOCAL/UCCE/SCORECARDS/)

Well, is a win possible against a combined British Universities XI? Or, will draw be a more achievable target for us? After all, its going to be only a 3-day match.

Schedule (http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2005/BDESH_IN_ENG/BDESH_IN_ENG_MAY-JUL2005_SCHEDULE.html)

jeesh
April 3, 2005, 01:04 PM
I think so. But if its a 3 day match, i doubt it. Since its the first match, the guys will need some time to adjust!

bourny3
April 4, 2005, 04:49 AM
yes i doubt there will be a win. But a draw is a possibility.

dukha
April 4, 2005, 04:57 AM
haha amra eto kharap team jey amader University team er logey kheltey hoi . Australia never play with any uni team ? why should we ? On this stage we should win all 3 day match with no hesitations.:fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::fanflag::f anflag::fanflag::fanflag:

Edited on, April 4, 2005, 9:58 AM GMT, by dukha.

Sam
April 4, 2005, 06:03 AM
In fact, for good performing teams 3-day matches are likely to end up in draws rather than any result. Bangladesh may likely defeat uni's but will draw with the county teams.

dukha
April 4, 2005, 06:22 AM
hahaha , amader jittei hoibo .............

reverse_swing
April 4, 2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by dukha
haha amra eto kharap team jey amader University team er logey kheltey hoi .

This is nothing new. Last year New Zealand played against them and that match was abandoned because of rain.

Edited on, April 4, 2005, 11:32 AM GMT, by reverse_swing.

Shehwar
April 4, 2005, 06:34 AM
I'm sure we'll have a chance of winning if we really want it.....But I'd rather see our batsmen bat big..with all of em getting amongst the runs and the bowlers also putting up a decent effort with the ball to gain the confidence straight away...And In doing so if the result of the match comes our way --- we'll take it.....If it doesn't --- Then that won't be the end of the world...

Yameen
April 4, 2005, 06:56 AM
Really, since its Bangladesh's first match on the tou, they should try and adjust to the conditions instead of trying to win. The batsman should play themselves in, and get used to the english wickets and also the seamers should try to get some rhytms going on these seamer friendly wickets. It will be a draw anyway, even if either team has the upper hand in the match as the english weather will intervene as usual!