PDA

View Full Version : The 2 new faces: Shahriar Nafees & Shahadat Rajib

fwullah
April 4, 2005, 11:22 AM
I saw them on channel I & ntv news today. Nafees has long hair (kinda like Dhoni - the keeper of India during the current IND-PAK series) and Rajib is quite tall.

Here is a link to the Bangladesher Khela report on them:

2 new faces (http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/default.asp?strrefer=displayocr&straction=headline&iItemID=12900&iCategoryID=1)

Rubu
April 4, 2005, 11:52 AM
the article has two bad news, one about each of them:

abir's batting in zimbo:27, 8, 15, 59, 5, 86. nothing impressive really.

shahadat does not care about in swing, out swing or slower delivaries. all he cares is bowling faster and even faster. speed without variation is not a good weapon in crecket now a days.

Shehwar
April 4, 2005, 12:31 PM
Trust me bro.....Abir's batting in Zimbo means nothing.....Hez all class and will deinitely rise to the occasion if considered...In about 5 years from now...Shahriar Nafees will lead the Bangladesh batting and he will be the mainstay...U folks can write it down..cheers...

Sham
April 4, 2005, 12:40 PM
Lets hope you are right!

Huda
April 4, 2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
the article has two bad news, one about each of them:

abir's batting in zimbo:27, 8, 15, 59, 5, 86. nothing impressive really.

shahadat does not care about in swing, out swing or slower delivaries. all he cares is bowling faster and even faster. speed without variation is not a good weapon in crecket now a days.

spot on. prolbem with rajib is not tryin tog et overly fast but try to deliver variation and abirs batitng was a dissapointment in zimbo series

AsifTheManRahman
April 4, 2005, 01:37 PM
rajib should quit trying to bowl fast not only because that'll hamper his variation and ability to bag wickets, but also because a guy bowling at 78 mph has no hope of becoming one of the fastest in the world, and has no business big-mouthing about his speed.

Shehwar
April 4, 2005, 01:48 PM
agreed....

shovon13
April 4, 2005, 11:00 PM
i dont think rajib (the country's fastest bowler according to many) bowls at 78 mph but more like close to/over 90 mph. rajib bowled at around 78 mph in the pacer hunt (according to news source) where they used speed guns that reduced a bowlers speed by 10% (as coach said). and i dont think he was really pushing it at the pacer hunt....he probably just went there and bowled a few deliveries without even warming up or stretching.

Edited on, April 5, 2005, 4:01 AM GMT, by shovon13.

Rubu
April 4, 2005, 11:33 PM
i'm not really worried about his speed. he is probably the 2nd fastest bowler of the country right now (polash is the fastest). but its his performance in england with u19 that worries me. he got slammed by u19 england team. what can he do to seniors?

shovon13
April 4, 2005, 11:41 PM
true. we're trying to groom shahadat as the next strike bowler, but dont know if he's ready yet. as of right now, i'd trust talha more than shahadat in a test match.

but thats what the practice matches are there for.

IanW
April 5, 2005, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by AgentSmith

You know, this is a common opinion of people who dont have pure, raw, unadulterated speed on their side.

Sure, if you have a trio of darn good fast bowlers, you can leave a genuine quick in the cupboard.

But for an attack that's otherwise based on slow left armers ... speed. Give me pure raw unadulterated speed. Masrafee can keep his end up, and someone should sit Aftab down with the tape of Bob Massie at Lords.

John Snow. Jeff Thompson. Colin Croft.

I want mean. I want vicious. And I want fast. As fast and as aggressive as we can get.

You may go down, but go down swinging.

Ian Whitchurch

cricket_pagla
April 5, 2005, 07:16 AM
:up: let's hope that...they will play at least some positive cricket!

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2005, 09:05 AM
yeah, in the end - who cares about speed/technique/ability/etc etc as long as they are performing? :)

it all comes down to performance. let's hope they do well.

fwullah
April 5, 2005, 10:38 AM
I think performing/not performing - won't get us anywhere - not against England this year. Because each of us know that drawing a test match is the best that we can achieve from this England tour - (obviously, we can't win, unless England play realy badly in one of the games) and in the process, if we can get a fast bowler (not medium fast or fast medium like Tapash or Mashrafee) to trouble the top order English batsman, then it is worth it.

Just see this Malinga guy for Sri Lanka, or Monde Zondeki for South Africa against Zimbabwe. They were FAST and it was a treat to watch them! Ofcourse, they are probably both accurate, may be more accurate than Rajib (I wouldn't know, just guessing as I haven't seen Rajib's bowling until now) - either way, I won't be expecting us to win against England, but it'll be fun to watch a fast bowler of ours hitting the helmet of Trescothick or Vaughn.

tansir
April 5, 2005, 10:58 AM
I don't care about the swing or variations or slower deliveries. The first thing is first, and that's raw pace. The other things would surely come as Rajib'd get more experienced. First, the only thing I'd like to hear right now is the bone crashing sound :lol:. I won't be satisfied with Rajib hitting the helmet of Vaughn or Trescothick....I want to see their nose bleeding with Rajib's fireballs, having their eye sight blurred 'cause some of them would hit their head evading helmets..........:great:

Tokai
April 5, 2005, 12:56 PM
shahadat ray neya beshi lafalafi na korai valo.
if he is not ready and forced to face english batsman, his confidence will soon "shahadat boron korbay"

Mr-khan
April 5, 2005, 01:51 PM
lol..Shahadat k sobai akhon e Shoaib Akthar vaba suru kore dise.English county te arokom speedy bowlerder ovab nai but tobuo ami asa kori j Shadadat k niye sobar dhanora jeno sotti hoy.

couger
April 5, 2005, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by shovon13
i dont think rajib (the country's fastest bowler according to many) bowls at 78 mph but more like close to/over 90 mph. rajib bowled at around 78 mph in the pacer hunt (according to news source) where they used speed guns that reduced a bowlers speed by 10% (as coach said). and i dont think he was really pushing it at the pacer hunt....he probably just went there and bowled a few deliveries without even warming up or stretching.

Edited on, April 5, 2005, 4:01 AM GMT, by shovon13.

Well, by that calculation we have at least a dozen bowlers in BD who can bowl faster than 90 MPH. That's fabulous. Now only if that were true.

couger
April 5, 2005, 02:10 PM
I see a lot of posts here emphasising variation over pace. All valid points but raw pace has its own value. I think an express bowler can scare the living daylights out of batsmen in one end on the other end a more accurate clever bowler can pick up wickets. Its all about 'hunting in tandem'.

This works---at least in theory.

Shehwar
November 30, 2006, 12:42 PM
Trust me bro.....Abir's batting in Zimbo means nothing.....Hez all class and will deinitely rise to the occasion if considered...In about 5 years from now...Shahriar Nafees will lead the Bangladesh batting and he will be the mainstay...U folks can write it down..cheers...

I told you so !

sadi
November 30, 2006, 01:11 PM
Lol... not yet buddy. You need to wait another 3 years before we can decide whether your prediction came out true.

Just kidding!!!

Fazal
November 30, 2006, 06:39 PM
The 2 old faces: Md Rafique & Habibur Bashar
<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I saw them on channel I & ntv news today. Rafique has dark complexion (kinda like a typical indian player during the current IND-SA series) and Bashar is quite short.

Here is a link of their picture:

2 old faces (http://www.newagebd.com/2005/jan/13/spt-b.jpg)

<!-- / message -->

Shehwar
December 1, 2006, 01:23 PM
The 2 old faces: Md Rafique & Habibur Bashar

<HR style="COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I saw them on channel I & ntv news today. Rafique has dark complexion (kinda like a typical indian player during the current IND-SA series) and Bashar is quite short.

Here is a link of their picture:

2 old faces (http://www.newagebd.com/2005/jan/13/spt-b.jpg)

<!-- / message -->

Priceless !

Shafin
December 2, 2006, 02:32 AM
U should apply to tehsin vai for hijacking the 'oracle' nick!!

Sam
December 2, 2006, 07:56 AM
Fazal, you are simply amazing, bro.:-D :-D