PDA

View Full Version : Kapali scores a 77 (double lucky ;))

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2005, 02:32 PM
Well, I'm beginning to believe that dropping him from the team for England just might be the turning point in his career. He got his 77 against a decent bowling attack too.

Farhad Reza is on 171 and still going after the first day of the latest round, however, he's facing a very poor bowling attack. Nevertheless, a great effor from the guy.

Scores are up on cricinfo.

Beamer
April 5, 2005, 02:47 PM
Indeed. This is his third fifty in a relatively short period ( including a fifty in the one dayers ). He has been bowling well too. Who knows what can happen in the future. if anyone gets injured, he might still find himself as a replacement in the English tour. He should continue what he is doing. Take wkts and score runs, everything will take care of itself...

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2005, 02:50 PM
to be more precise, three fifties in three consecutive innings (?)

Beamer
April 5, 2005, 02:54 PM
AK-77

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2005, 02:57 PM
The FBI's after you

Beamer
April 5, 2005, 02:58 PM
:lol:

aosaif
April 5, 2005, 03:11 PM
Kapali might be a big man for the future. Many players go through this kind of career: start with a bang....then play bad.....get dropped.....and come back better than ever (e.g. shahid afridi). I think Kapali has a lot of talent, and what's important here is that he's still trying his best even though he's been dropped from the team. That kind of hunger will hopefully be rewarded in the near future.

Mon
April 5, 2005, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by aosaif
(e.g. shahid afridi).
Afridi diguest me as a cricketer. I would not compare him to Kapali.

feisal
April 5, 2005, 08:04 PM
Mon,

ok.. how about martyn or heyden?? or even ponting??? but these are agin other extremes..

aosaif
April 5, 2005, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Mon
Originally posted by aosaif
(e.g. shahid afridi).

I think the typo in your reply was meant to say "disgusts". If this is so then I totally disagree with you. If you've followed Afridi's exploits in recent times.....you'll see that he's done things that Kapali can only dream of. I don't deny that Kapali could one day become better than Afridi.

insideedge
April 5, 2005, 10:58 PM
Originally quoted by Mon

Afridi clicks in one match out of ten and wins that match singlehandedly. In case of Kapali he does not even click in one match out of ten. Even when he clicks, he can hardly win matches for his team.

It is the other way round. A perennial failure like Kapali does not merit comparisons with a proven performer like Afridi.

little_master
April 5, 2005, 11:29 PM
I just wonder whether Kapali has any first-calss century! Cricinfo stats shows he does not have. and his first class average is not so good.
If he does not have any century with POOR AVERAGE, why everyone think him a-so-called-talented-batsman?:drool:

Rubu
April 5, 2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by little_master
I just wonder whether Kapali has any first-calss century! Cricinfo stats shows he does not have. and his first class average is not so good.
If he does not have any century with POOR AVERAGE, why everyone think him a-so-called-talented-batsman?:drool:

because ..........

se oken din ager kotha. araber lokera tokhon..... thukku... se oken din ager kotha, kapali had couple 80's against WI. he got the level "talented" then and there and had it copy righted. so people still have to say both words, kapali and talented togather.

little_master
April 5, 2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by AgentSmith
Originally posted by little_master

because ..........

se oken din ager kotha. araber lokera tokhon..... thukku... se oken din ager kotha, kapali had couple 80's against WI. he got the level "talented" then and there and had it copy righted. so people still have to say both words, kapali and talented togather.

That's it?
It was only two occasions he had superb batting ( an ODI 89* and a test 80+). But that two inings did not make any difference on our defeat.
I doubt about his talent. If a batsman cant make handsome runs often, we should not call him a talent.
Lots of run-making batsman are coming out from this NL.
So let them come and dont make any Kapali-barrier before them.
Oh, I of course praise Kapali's fielding.:lol:

Ahmed_B
April 6, 2005, 12:53 AM
There u go again...!!
The 'Kapali praising & bashing' game starts again!

It's really time we stop talking about players like Kapali who had their hardest times in the National Team. Lets giv this guy some breathing space pls.

It's not even a matter of concern for now whether he will come back soon or not.... lets have patience and wait for long future.

James90
April 6, 2005, 02:12 AM
There's a lot more than statistics can tell. If that were the case John Wisden would have shrines and have a Bradmanian-like religion. Young kids would all aspire to be the next John Wisden but they don't because 1000 first class wickets over 8 years at an average of 10 was doable in the early county cricket with uncovered pitches.

Alok is an awesome fielder, has a solid technique and is a joy to watch. He can produce devastating spells with the ball and bring people to games. All he needs is some self-belief. Watch one of his good innings, like his two 80s against the West Indies or his 3 40's in one-dayers against Australia (sure it's just a 40) but look at the strokes he played to get there and the position they were in. The kid has potential he just needs to do something with it.

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 12:11 PM GMT, by Habibul_fan.

insideedge
April 6, 2005, 06:16 AM
Kapali does not have a first class century to his credit and he is regarded as a talented test class batsmen?God save the team he bats for.

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 11:18 AM GMT, by insideedge.

Sham
April 6, 2005, 06:24 AM
James, don't bother with these guys. All they look at are scorecards and the only measure of talent is the number next to the player's name. These guys wouldn't know a good innings if you bound it in leather and bowled it at them!

James90
April 6, 2005, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Sham
James, don't bother with these guys. All they look at are scorecards and the only measure of talent is the number next to the player's name. These guys wouldn't know a good innings if you bound it in leather and bowled it at them!
But they'd soon see how good I am at bowling leatherbound innings

AsifTheManRahman
April 6, 2005, 09:06 AM
see the thing with kapali is that he <i>does</i> have talent: he is probably more capable than any other batsman (including ashraful) in the national team. however, that talent means nothing if he's not performing. i wouldn't want him or anyone else to occupy a space in the team that could be given to someone more productive. i'll make fun of him as long as he's harming the national team or even thinking of being included when he doesn't deserve to be. however, he is a big big talent no doubt. if he gets back to touch and proves himself, i'd say its worth re-capping him. the key pair here is "prove himself", which goes for his performance and not his talent.

Rubu
April 6, 2005, 12:37 PM
if people like us were only stat junkies, we'd have been behind playes like ash because of his average or prefered chacha over rafique in odi becuase chacha has better ODI bowling average than rafique. we adore them. but we are always behind kapali. why? it can't be only stat.

gotta agee i've not see any of his 80's. how was the pitch on that day or how was the bowling attack and staff is impossible to know now from stats. but, there are still something to consider.

what is talent? what is technique? and what is style? it is easy to mix up one or two of them in any case. but keep in mind that they are 3 completely different thing. u can't be possible sure about telent without performance. what are the visual clues about telent?
technique is more obvious. if a player can treat the ball in the copy book way. tell u what, even after so many years of cricket, this book is not still complete. not to mention, a player like shewag can rewrite the entire book. going back, if someone has technique, why would he get out so easily? i don't know the answer.
3rd is style. it is the visual satisfiction a batsman can give to spectators while facing a ball. and i think thats what kapali is. he has style and thats what many people take as talent or technique. u can cover up many things with style. if u've seen the movie "catch me if u can" (a true story) u'll have a better idea what i'm trying to say. the guy can make people believe what he is not.

yes, as atmr mentioned as long as he is out of national team i've no problem with him. the problem comes when people talk about bringing him in. starting from after that WI innings, he had been in the team taking up a space. does not matter how bad he did, he got selected and kept the position. if selectors were fair another person would get the chance and prove himself. there were many, many people who would have permanent impact on the team if they would get 1/4th of the chances kapali got. but no, selectors had to choose kapali. which harmed the team two way. blocking the way of another player and team playing with 10.
thanks god he is finally out of the team and we've enough batsman coming in that we dont need to worry about him anymore.

Mon
April 6, 2005, 01:24 PM
I think the typo in your reply was meant to say "disgusts". If this is so then I totally disagree with you. If you've followed Afridi's exploits in recent times.....you'll see that he's done things that Kapali can only dream of. I don't deny that Kapali could one day become better than Afridi. [/quote]

wow. Thanks for correcting my grammar . :)

pagol-chagol
April 6, 2005, 01:30 PM
Check out his bowling figure on the second day.

9-5-5-0.

Is he that scary?

Whats going on?

Sham
April 6, 2005, 02:04 PM
Must be match-fixing!

Fazal
April 6, 2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
Check out his bowling figure on the second day.

9-5-5-0.

Is he that scary?

Whats going on?

Khaisee Pagla Khepse...:fire::fire::fire:

Sham
April 6, 2005, 02:25 PM

what is talent? what is technique? and what is style? it is easy to mix up one or two of them in any case. but keep in mind that they are 3 completely different thing. u can't be possible sure about telent without performance. what are the visual clues about telent?

Talent is when a batsman can play a world class fast bowler with time to spare ala Ashraful. Style is when a player plays a shot and looks good doing it. What is there to confuse? Take Lara for example, highly talented, highly stylish and brilliant technique. Even when he hits out, his technique is never compromised. What about Mark Waugh? Highly talented, highly stylish, but technique wasn't all that great. He didn't really get to the ball, but his hand eye coordination was superb and boy did he look good batting. Steve Waugh? Fair amount of talent, good technique, but no style. Plenty of grit though. As for Sehwag, I don't think he is stylish (but some might), poor technique but awesome talent! Just because he scores runs doesn't mean he is going to rewrite orthodoxy! His technique is poor, but his hand-eye coordination, his reflexes are so good that his lack of technique doesn't hurt him! Bashar is the same, but to a lesser degree!

So, I don't think there need be any confusion among the different aspects of batting that are visible to us spectators. The one thing thats hard to see is the mental element and that in the end is the difference between a lot of players. Take Tendulkar and Kambli for example! One had it and one didn't! Same with Mark Ramprakash. Excellent talent, good technique, very stylish batsman but lacked mental toughness, so did Hick!

Now to get on to Kapali. Good talent, good technique and very stylish. But, he hasn't performed in a long time. Now we can all come up with a hundred reasons why that might be the case. Maybe poor concentration, lack of mental toughness, complacency, lack of desire, lack of commitment? I don't know. But if you have seen one of his 80s, surely you aren't going to deny that he has talent. That is something I refuse to accept. Have a go at him for not performing, for some poor shot selection in recent times, lack of commitment even, but to say that he doesn't have talent is bunch of crap! Its like saying Hick didn't have talent or Opee didn't have talent!

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 7:34 PM GMT, by Sham.

shovon13
April 6, 2005, 02:30 PM
agentsmith...i understand the points you are trying to illustrate. but since you haven't watched kapali bat in his prime form, please dont say "we dont need to worry about him anymore". we'll let the selectors decide on that one.

Sham
April 6, 2005, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I feel for those who haven't seen him bat! What a player. Ashraful apart, I havent seen any other Bangladeshi batsman play world class bowlers with such ease. If some of these guys had had the fortune to see him in action, they would be praying for Kapali to be back in the BD fold making runs rather than hoping that he never comes back!

Rubu
April 6, 2005, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by shovon13
agentsmith...i understand the points you are trying to illustrate. but since you haven't watched kapali bat in his prime form, please dont say "we dont need to worry about him anymore". we'll let the selectors decide on that one.

i never said i have not seen him bat for crying aloud. i've not seen him on that two rare occations when he got the 80s. but i've seen him bat in several occations including once in naked eyes (4 off 14 balls) against zim.

to add to my previous coments, give me another example of a player getting more chance than kapali in bangladesh or world. it is like that old saying "jar hoila noiye, tar hoina nobboiye" [rough transilation: if u can do it at 9th (age/attempt/try..), u can' do it on 90th.]

who can't prove himself after given so many chances, will never be able to prove. besides that two fluke 80's what have he done to deserve a national cap? only thing he can do is to blocking other players way.

i really find it funny. whats the point of telent style and technique if thats not ever converted to score?

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 8:04 PM GMT, by AgentSmith.

Beamer
April 6, 2005, 03:13 PM
As Sham said very eloquently I don't need to further elaborate on that point. But anyone who has seen him play, has any cricketing sense and overall has the eye for judging a cricketers stock, won't disagree with the level of talent that Kapali is naturally blessed with. I have said it before and saying it now, that very few people in Bangladesh can play the way he does. It is so unfortunate for him and for us that he hasn't been able to transform that God given ability into meaningful contribution for the team. The selectors do see what he is made off. That is the only reason they kept on picking him series after series hoping he will come around. To be fair with them, they have afforded kapali more chances than anyone else in recent memory, and I am sure very painfully they took the decision to leave him out of the 20 men squad. I hope he continues to do well in NCL, regain his confidence and form, take wkts and do claim his place back in the team. He can be an awsome sight when in full flow unlike that pathetic Rana who some people think is a batsman beacuse of his relatively better avg.

AsifTheManRahman
April 6, 2005, 03:27 PM
actually those two 80's were not fluke. i watched them, as well as the 50 odd in the same series (his first test match), and a couple of other innings where he scored runs. trust me agent - this guy's got talent. he <b>does</b> have the ability to play world class bowlers with plenty of time in hand. one of his sixes - the one he simply <b>lifted</b> over mid wicket (the ball was roughly around good length and was about waist high) - was one of the best shots i've ever seen: best in terms of the ease with which it was played and the difficulty that any regular batsman would face trying to play that shot. that was just one example. time and again, he has shown hints of greater maturity and ability than anyone else in bangladesh. he is pure, raw, classic talent.

however, like you said, there's no business having him in the team if he isn't performing. his talent is useless if he cannot use it to generate good performances, and i think right now he is going through a really bad patch. he deserved to be dropped from the side, and i wouldn't lose my sleep over a couple of half centuries and decent bowling spells (like the one today) yet. i won't want him back unless he convinces me that he'll not repeat his failures in the international scene. however, i wouldn't say that we're done with him; and yes, i'd rather have the talentless, classless, enough-shots-under-the-belt-less rana in my 16 over kapali under the current circumstances.

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 9:04 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

Sham
April 6, 2005, 03:28 PM

to add to my previous coments, give me another example of a player getting more chance than kapali in bangladesh or world.

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 8:04 PM GMT, by AgentSmith.

Sanath Jayasuriya made his debut for Sri Lanka in the 91/92 season and scored his first hundred in the 95/96 season! And in those 4 years, he had one score above 80. What fools those Sri Lankans, they really should have dropped him for his lack of talent and his one flukey 80 and never picked him again!!

And in case you were wondering, in those 4 years, he took a grand total of 4 test wickets!

AsifTheManRahman
April 6, 2005, 03:34 PM
much of sri lanka's success has come from playing a fixed 11 on a regular basis, irrespective of the performance of those eleven. this is an excellent tac tic for a developing team. in fact, that's what we're doing now, which makes me hopeful. however, i stand by what i said about kapali's inclusion in the team.

Rubu
April 6, 2005, 03:40 PM
Sanath jayasuria was considered a spinner at that time and no one expected him have 50+ runs (until dav transformed him).

now, will not this be funny if u drop enamul or nazmul because they are not having any decent runs? compare him with someone who is considered a batsman or even allrounder.

AsifTheManRahman
April 6, 2005, 03:41 PM
haha agent! sham's gonna have a go at you now! you didn't read his last line! :)

Rubu
April 6, 2005, 03:43 PM
He can be an awsome sight when in full flow unlike that pathetic Rana who some people think is a batsman beacuse of his relatively better avg.

u know what, the pathetic rana saves your bottom (and the country's) when your genius kapali create the deep $hit coming before him. yeah, thats the difference. one takes u into trouble and other takes u out of it.

almost from all perspective: rana = 1/kapali.

ok enough with this conversation what will not take us anywhere. just tell me this: if he is such overflowing talent and technique why have not he performed in years after years?

if he has not done that in years, when will he perform?

and if he never perform why are u will to keep him in the team?

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 8:48 PM GMT, by AgentSmith.

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 8:53 PM GMT, by AgentSmith.

Sham
April 6, 2005, 03:44 PM
Actually, Sanath is quite a good example! He scored three half centuries in his first 6 test matches. And then he went through 10 test matches where he scored one further half century and averaged a mere 17!

Yeah, the more I look at his figures, the more I wonder why the stupid Sri Lankan selectors kept picking him. They really shouldn't have 'worried about him anymore' after such a pathetic run of scores!

Sham
April 6, 2005, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
haha agent! sham's gonna have a go at you now! you didn't read his last line! :)

Haha! I don't even know how to have a go at him anymore. Had a feeling that he doesn't read posts in full before replying. Made quite a fool himself on thi occasion! Now he has decided that this conversation isn't going anywhere! Well done Agent, happy to call it quits if you are!

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 8:51 PM GMT, by Sham.

Rubu
April 6, 2005, 03:52 PM
its not my conversation that not going anywhere. its the argument thats not going anywhere.

i'll call it a quit if ever kapali can prove me wrong with bat, not before that. which does not appear to be happening in few decades.

btw, 4 test wicket + how many ODI?

i did see the line but did not worry much because "figures can't lie, but liers can make the figure". i've seen a lot of those static manipulations to go in your favore and dont care much about it.

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 8:58 PM GMT, by AgentSmith.

Sham
April 6, 2005, 03:55 PM
Now I'm curious, what is your take on Jayasuriya? 4 wickets and 231 runs in 10 Test matches over three years? What was that all about and why the hell was he picked again?

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 8:56 PM GMT, by Sham.

Rubu
April 6, 2005, 04:04 PM
Now I'm curious, what is your take on Jayasuriya? 4 wickets and 231 runs in 10 Test matches over three years? What was that all about and why the hell was he picked again?

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 8:56 PM GMT, by Sham.

could be many many things, some example:

* did not have a better choice.
* did always better in other class tournaments.
* did good in ODI, and having two team for test and odi is a very recent trend.
* had backing.
* just an incidence. attapattu was drop after just one test after scoring 1 and 0 and took years to come back again into the team. why, u know? its not that they did this with every single player.

o btw, who u think kapali should replace (and therefore better talent and player)? rajin, ash, bashar, aftab?
2 opener + 4 batsman + 1 keeper + 4 bowler = 11. which slot u wanna consider him for?

Sham
April 6, 2005, 04:09 PM
Right now? None! But if he can get back his form and get back to his best? Ashraful and Bashar apart, I'd give him anyone's slot! But I wouldn't make him an opener, so I guess Aftab's or Rajin's!

Sham
April 6, 2005, 04:11 PM

i did see the line but did not worry much because "figures can't lie, but liers can make the figure".

This is when I decide that you aren't worth my time or effort. So, I'm done answering to your posts on this thread!

RazabQ
April 6, 2005, 04:42 PM
i did see the line but did not worry much because "figures can't lie, but liers can make the figure".

This is when I decide that you aren't worth my time or effort. So, I'm done answering to your posts on this thread!

Now now, let's be civil :)

Sham
April 6, 2005, 05:00 PM
That is as civil as I could be!

AsifTheManRahman
April 6, 2005, 05:15 PM
haha...chaten ken bhai bonera...after all kapali's not making it to the england tour anyways...:lol:

Rubu
April 6, 2005, 05:32 PM
in the time frame given above, jayasuria got 65 wickets in 32.8 average and scored 9 half centuries and 1 centuries. enough reason to be in odi? how about a time when same team used to play test and odi? brings jayasuria into test team as well ah?

this is what i call................

Rubu
April 6, 2005, 05:34 PM
Right now? None! But if he can get back his form and get back to his best? Ashraful and Bashar apart, I'd give him anyone's slot! But I wouldn't make him an opener, so I guess Aftab's or Rajin's!

back to his form? couple 80's and few double figures in pak, is was the best for he ever achieved. i'd not even replace taposh's batting for that.

Sham
April 6, 2005, 05:46 PM
Wonderful. Thank you for your opinion!

Fazal
April 6, 2005, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
haha...chaten ken bhai bonera...

Who is licking what.:-/

I would request every one to save our tongue for a while, because after the England series, we will be pretty busy licking our wounds....

I think people are bored and therefore making something out of nothing in the argument.

No one in the right mind can deny the following:

1. Aloke has some god gifted talent. Now the question can be how much.
2. Recently Alok failed to justify his inclusion in the team and therefore justifiably omitted from the team.
3. He needs some time and some more good performance before he should be considered to the national team. Now the question can be how much performance and how long he needs to perform in local league to justify his next inclusion.
4. Once omitted, a player (in this case Alok) needs to compete with other prospective players who have done well as well as an opening in the national team due to bad performance or injury in the national team.
5. One can complain his inclusion before the game or after a bad performance. But no Bangladeshi will hope for Alok’s failure once he is batting or bowling in the national team (regardless he is a alok’s fan or not). If you can replace the name ‘Alok’ with ‘Rana’ or ‘Hannan’ or ‘Jodu’ or ‘Modhu’ it should be true.

Therefore which side you are in, there is nothing to get emotional and exited about this issue. Therefore relax and enjoy the good days before it gets really ugly. In test we are still undefeated (I mean in this year).
:fire::fire::fire:

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 11:06 PM GMT, by Fazal.

AsifTheManRahman
April 6, 2005, 06:21 PM
umm...i meant raagen keno...how do you represent the purpose that "jof-ala" plays (when speaking, not necessarily when spelling) when writing bangla words in english? :info:

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 11:24 PM GMT, by AsifTheManRahman.

al
April 6, 2005, 07:44 PM
good for kapali. he is the man. he should get a recall atleast for the A team

oracle
April 6, 2005, 08:40 PM
Nah.. this time not even injuries will make it easier for Kaps to be with the team in England. But if things keep going as they are I see him back in selection before the Sri lankans come.

I am particularly keen to find out if his bowling has really taken a new dimension, with some variations, then I see him reaping something at home pitches. Together with a resurgent batting he is not out of the selection equation yet.

Beamer
April 6, 2005, 09:46 PM
He can be an awsome sight when in full flow unlike that pathetic Rana who some people think is a batsman beacuse of his relatively better avg.

u know what, the pathetic rana saves your bottom (and the country's) when your genius kapali create the deep <b>potty</b> coming before him. yeah, thats the difference. one takes u into trouble and other takes u out of it.

almost from all perspective: rana = 1/kapali.

ok enough with this conversation what will not take us anywhere. just tell me this: if he is such overflowing talent and technique why have not he performed in years after years?

if he has not done that in years, when will he perform?

and if he never perform why are u will to keep him in the team?

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 8:48 PM GMT, by AgentSmith.

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 8:53 PM GMT, by AgentSmith.

How can Kapali create the problem when he bats at no.5 or no6? Usually the time and spot he bats at, we have a pretty good indication of which way the innings is going. Either our top order collapsed and he is made to rebuild along with no.7 and lower or we had a good start but he failed to add on to it. Not his creation in either way.
Try to have some rational arguement against Kapali or for Rana or whoever you choose. Fourth grade rhetoric such as, rana=1/kapali won't fly...

How does Rana save my "bottom" ? Don't even know him.

As for cricketer Rana, he is mushfiq babu waiting to happen. watch...

Rubu
April 6, 2005, 11:57 PM
kapali did not bat at 5 and 6 for all of his career. even so, he created the problem by getting out quickly when the team needed him. top order collaspe has been pretty regular and he was just one of them instead of ever holding thing togather. and rana saving u, just go back and look at some of the games he played. a few highlight to mention are: his innings with ashraful in asia cup, he winning the series against zim for u, getting one of bd's best opening pair innings with hannan and ........ well, this thread is about alok. so, i'll stop there and have another say about alok.

flip a coin once or twice or even thrice. u might get all head. but filp it 100 times. u'll get ~50 head and ~50 tails. roll a dice for a big number of times (sample space) and u'll see 1,2,3,4,5,6 appearing equally. make nepal play football against brasil. nepal can win at any given day but make them play 100 times and the result will be very close to 100 and 0. say 99 and 1. the point is, if the sample space is very big reality will come up. in one or two occation the result can be what it is not supposed to be, but when u do it for a huge number the actual result will be, well, the truth. now, going back to alok kapali. he already have got a huge sample space (way, way, bigger than any bangladesh ever did, and taking sham's jayasurai into account ONE OF THE hight chance getting of the world). u take the outcome and thats what he actually is. statistically, he is a crap, crapali. well, u might argue that stat's rule does not aply to him. in that case u've to show why. show me a few example where stat's rule does not apply.

as long as kapali is out of team it is not my concern but when people stats advocating for me it drives me creazy. how come people forget the damages he has done to the team? when everyone knew he is gonna fail, and fail again he was included. blocked the chance for another player's oppertunity and made the team play with a player less.

how rana saved your bottom? he did not, if u do not considered bangladeh's bottom as the same as yours. he saved bagladesh quite a few time from a shameful performace that would made the media to jump on my country like a heyanas. and what was the begining of those enevents? some top order batsman irregularly (all) and someother regularly (alok) failed coming before him. still, when u take kapali's side and deny rana, i can't help but calling it ungrateful.

jabbar
April 7, 2005, 12:17 AM
Agentsmith, just a word of advice: it's "talent", not "telent".. :)

Edited on, April 7, 2005, 5:17 AM GMT, by jabbar.

mahbubH
April 7, 2005, 01:53 AM
Time to have some polls to evaluate BC members preference of these two popular players.

Edited on, April 7, 2005, 6:55 AM GMT, by sports_fan_bd.

insideedge
April 7, 2005, 06:01 AM
Well said, AgentSmith:great:

The laws of statistics and probability apply to everyone, including Kapali. If he fails repeatedly ad infinitum , then he is a failure. It is illogical to find class and talent in a heap of failure. Finding needle in a haystack may be easier.

It is unfortunate that some people insist on making Kapali a life member of Bangladesh team, despite his non performance. If Kapali has just played two good knock out of 100 innings and has failed to repeat that , then that performance should be considered a flash in the pan, a fluke and given no credence.

PoorFan
April 7, 2005, 06:35 AM
Kapali got his long deserved exclusion from national team, and it's best for him and the team, without any argument. Now he must get on his feet by performing consistently in domestic league before even disappear from league like Hannan. In that regards, Kapali is doing just fine so far and should continue to get a call from A team. ( not national team! )
We should not forget the other promising young players in the queue who also deserve a call from A team and then national team. There is no way to bring him back in national team unless he performs consistently in A team first! I believe he will be able to do that, with his so called talent and there will be no argument since his performance in A team will say everything, not his talent. No need to mention that his talent didn't even helped him in recent Duleep trophy. One may argue that all others also failed, should remember that those others didn't failed so remarkably and consistently like Alok did. So we understand the simple difference.

Nice to see he is working on his way, but I think he needs more time to get rid of his poor performance in international match. Once he start to perform international match consistently, everybody of Banglacricket forum will be happy for sure since it's good news for BD.

chinaman
April 7, 2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by jabbar
Agentsmith, just a word of advice: it's "talent", not "telent".. :)

Typos do occur. We'd highly appreciate if you guys leave it to the poster. Afterall english is not our first language. Thank you very much.

dukha
April 7, 2005, 08:41 AM
haha 77 korley ki hoisey ? amagor ganja khor Opi o to 100 er upor korlo ......... ohon national Team e khelley ghar , bari ,gari shob pawon jai ......... heil leigai to shob ganja chaira amagor shob player bhalo kheltasey ......... lol ..................:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Fazal
April 7, 2005, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by PoorFan
We should not forget the other promising young players in the queue who also deserve a call from A team and then national team.
:up:

Originally posted by PoorFan
Once he start to perform international match consistently, everybody of Banglacricket forum will be happy for sure since it's good news for BD.

:up::up:

We need some more 'voice of reason' like this.

You may have a bad day at work with your boss or simply a bad day. But is this the place to show your dark side of your character? There is one thing to argue different point of view, it is completely other thing to personally attack people calling name, or calling the idea stupid (or something like that) just because you don't like it. Criticizing public figure (political figure, players, coaches, etc) is different thing though, and I understand that.

There is some attitude that "Daddy knows all" or "My way or Highway" instead of trying to understand and respect other people's view-point (even you may not agree with that). Some time both view point may be true, sometimes both may be wrong. However I am not saying, we shouldn't dispute a view-point with counter points. It’s ok as long as we don't take it personally and don't start using qualifiers that is very close to attacking others personally.

Let all members express their view point, without the fear of being ridiculed (by some). After all this entire message board is all about BD cricket Fans with different personalities and background.

bty: I am not saying I don't do that. However I try to avoid that. And if did at past I apologize.

Edited on, April 7, 2005, 8:26 PM GMT, by Fazal.

Tokai
April 7, 2005, 10:43 AM
talent is a qualititive word and can not be measured. the only way to measure talent is by performance. it is not logical to say that someone does not have talent but regularly performs or someone has huge talent but cannot perform. talent is a mean to an end, performance. of course there is bad patch that we need to consider. question comes, how long are we willing to consider someone's bad form as bad patch? as for kapali, it can't be. too long to be consider. there must be something else. could it be psycological barrier? my humble opinior is, u can not consider someone to be talented until he can overcome psycological barrier. i'll consider it this way: he is not talented until he can overcome psycological barrier and perform. once he can, he has learned the skill or gained the talent. in otherwords, when he starts performing.

labeling someone talented when he cannot perform is illogical.

Ishtylish cricketer
April 7, 2005, 06:02 PM
Nice! Kapali topic never seems to be a cold one. I guess he does deserve to be dropped off given his form but i agree with Sham he's got serious Talent.

ialbd
April 7, 2005, 06:28 PM
Bepar ki ei bishoye poll koi? ekta poll dorkar chhilo to...
________
BUY CANNABIS SEEDS (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

rana
April 7, 2005, 07:06 PM
move on.........

Edited on, April 8, 2005, 12:10 AM GMT, by rana.

rana
April 7, 2005, 07:09 PM
As for cricketer Rana, he is mushfiq babu waiting to happen. watch... [/quote]

it dosen't look nice
:wow:

Edited on, April 8, 2005, 12:11 AM GMT, by rana.

shaoun
April 7, 2005, 07:55 PM
i am sick of hearing about kapali. big deal he scored 3/4/5 half centuries in a complete batting track. so what? he is out of the team and he should have been out alloooooonngggg time ago. rana and aftab is doing good in the national team. if kapali performs good in the ncl sent him to the a-team. mehrab hussein score 168 last match too. and we all heard about his talent. talent doesnt matter. we need performance. even if ashraul doesnt perform for awhile he should be out too. we need performing players in the team. forget talent talent is no good if it is not shown in the field. a player can play bad for 2/3 serieses its forgiveable but playing bad for straight 2 years and still being in the team is just unexceptable.. so bye bye kapali you have done enough damage to the team. stay out for 2 yrs now and if you really have the talent then you will be back.