PDA

View Full Version : Flash Ad Problem

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2005, 03:53 PM
www.todaysparent.com

if you go to this link and enter "articles" in the search engine on the upper left corner of the page, you come across a list of links to different articles. if you click on one, it will take you to that particular article. refresh until you get a "Disney Flash Ad" at the bottom of the article. try printing the page at that instant (go file-->print...). only the flash ad prints.

a solution to this problem would be to wrap div tags around the ad reference and implement a noPrint style in the head. however, that isn't working. removing the iframes from around the ad reference doesn't work either.

the source code can be viewed (at least the relevant parts) by right clicking on the page. currently, we're going nuts trying to fix this and looks like nobody has a solution.

any help will be appreciated. thanks in advance.

AsifTheManRahman
April 5, 2005, 04:00 PM
if you don't want to go through all the processes mentioned above, here's the summary: the article pages on the site have a big box ad at the bottom that's randomly generated. on certain occassions, the ad is a Disney Flash Ad, and when users try printing the article out at that point, only the flash ad prints, although it is at the bottom of the article. The article body is lost in the print out.

Mahmood
April 6, 2005, 08:13 AM
I refreshed many times, I do not see the add at the bottom of the page, all I see is Rogers.

AsifTheManRahman
April 6, 2005, 09:09 AM
oh i forgot to mention that it sometimes shows up within the body of the article too. i'll check again and get back to you. thanks.

AsifTheManRahman
April 13, 2005, 09:21 AM
well, the ad has been removed until a solution is found :o (why would anyone wanna do that? that's stupid - ads make money!)

anyways...i know it's difficult to see what's going on without the ad hanging around, but do you still have any suggestions?

Mahmood
April 13, 2005, 10:12 AM
I need to see the code. Is it possible for you to make a sample page with that add, and put it somewhere so I can take a look.