PDA

View Full Version : Some classic Federer pics

Arnab
April 6, 2005, 01:11 PM
Aesthetically very pleasing to watch. If you are not a tennis fan, at least know that these are as aesthetically pleasing as Lara's strokes.

http://imgs.pravda.sk/sk_stenis/A050123_P05_23FEDERER2_V.JPG

http://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/01/25/um/federer.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/aa/FedereAO05.jpg

http://www.nrk.no/img/443458.jpeg

chinaman
April 6, 2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Arnab
Aesthetically very pleasing to watch. If you are not a tennis fan, at least know that these are as aesthetically pleasing ..

Aesthetic explanation here as well :)

Arnab
April 7, 2005, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by chinaman

Aesthetic explanation here as well :)

Well, these are all follow throughs after Federer made a forehand shot.

The first thing to notice is that he is in the air. But that is not really the aesthetic part. Anybody can be caught in the air while making a shot. It's the alignment of various body parts. For example, notice which foot he is going to land on first. Now notice how in each photo that leg is straight as an arrow. Now notice the other leg in each photo. They are slightly bent at the knee. That is very deliberately done. There is a very classically aesthetic quality to this posture. It gives a sense of a carefully orchestrated style. Federer didn't have to bend that knee like that. But he does it all the time. And it is very aesthetically pleasing. It seems natural and fluid.

jewell
April 15, 2005, 07:31 AM
wow federer is an absolute machine,but a graceful one at that.

Akib
April 15, 2005, 03:59 PM
LOL nice pictures...

French qualifier Richard Gasquet ended Roger Federer's 25-match winning streak with a stunning 6-7 (1-7) 6-2 7-6 (10-8) win at the Monte Carlo Masters.

:bravo: to Gasquet for beating the world number one.

Shehwar
April 16, 2005, 01:30 AM
Nice pics....Arnab Buddy Cud u find me some classic Sania Mirza pics?...I'm sure I'll find it 'Aesthetically' very pleasing to watch...:lol:...cheers...

Arnab
April 17, 2005, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Shehwar
Nice pics....Arnab Buddy Cud u find me some classic Sania Mirza pics?...I'm sure I'll find it 'Aesthetically' very pleasing to watch...:lol:...cheers...

Saniz Mirza's style is minimalist with no flourish. Hardly aesthetic other than the nod toward minimalism and the regularity of such minimalism in her style throught a match.

Locutus
April 28, 2005, 01:43 PM
This guy is amazing!

Edited on, April 28, 2005, 6:43 PM GMT, by Logen.

FaltuRidwanBhai
April 28, 2005, 03:27 PM
yeap plays pretty good.
bhai akdin ami namsilam tennis khelte. shai ak birat history buchhen bhai. amare bollo aktu jore marba jeno oi mazhkhaner net ar upor diye jai. ami bollam thik ase. tarpor amon jorse marsi. mazhkhaner net ki akdom main net par hoye bol mather baire land korse. akdom prothom mair a chokka. tarpor amare bollo bhaijan aktu aste. oto jore na. aitato baseball na je home run niba. ami bollam o achha thik ase. aibar taile aktu astai mari. aibar abar amon aste marse dekhi bol ar mazhkhaner net topkaite pare na. shai theke amar ki dukkho.

Locutus
May 2, 2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
yeap plays pretty good.

Sorry, but Pretty good? I have watched a lot of tennis and a lot of tennis players but no one plays like him and there is no one like him. The way he he uses his techniques to beat the best of his opponent and the way he uses his game mentality to figure-out the oppositions weakness is amazing. And his skill is unquestionably the best.
So he is the best Tennis player alive today!

Shehwar
May 2, 2005, 01:08 PM

Saniz Mirza's style is minimalist with no flourish. Hardly aesthetic other than the nod toward minimalism and the regularity of such minimalism in her style throught a match.

U missed the whole point buddy ! :P

Arnab
May 2, 2005, 05:45 PM
U missed the whole point buddy ! :P

I understand your point very well, but that is not the point of this thread. So it seems like you're the one missing it. :)

FaltuRidwanBhai
May 2, 2005, 10:11 PM
sorry logens.
actually i dont see tennis that much. i have really very little knowledge about tennis players. but looking at federer i thought he plays pretty good because i thought there are players who can play better than him. but u r saying no. he is the best. then i agree he is the best.:bravo:

Arnab
May 2, 2005, 10:31 PM
Well, Federer is the number one player for the last 80 weeks. So...

Locutus
May 6, 2005, 07:28 AM
Right now Andy Raddick is Number 1 I believe but Raddick has never beaten Federer.

Edited on, May 6, 2005, 12:30 PM GMT, by Logen.

Arnab
May 11, 2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Logen
Right now Andy Raddick is Number 1 I believe but Raddick has never beaten Federer.

Federer has been the number one since Jan 2004. You are 17 months late.

Arnab
May 11, 2005, 07:46 AM
Some more Fed pics:

http://tinypic.com/51st3o

Edited on, May 11, 2005, 12:48 PM GMT, by Arnab.

RazabQ
May 15, 2005, 09:47 PM
Somehow, I never saw it coming ... It all makes sense now. Veiled insults against married people with comments such as androgynous, etc. Contribution to Orphy's misogynist thread. All becomes clear ... Mid riff baring shorts of Federer, with navel shots too, posted by another dude. Jol er moto schochcho ... ;)

*putting on my asbestos suit - for the inevitable*

Arnab
May 16, 2005, 12:20 PM
I think what' more revealing is how you are sniffing my threads all around the forum.

Admit it, you love me. I am what you dreamed to become but couldn't. :P

RazabQ
May 16, 2005, 07:06 PM
actually I was just sniffing around cuz it was 3 am and I didn't feel like working on my pricing model any more. Yours is, to borrow from mr. bush, merely collateral damage :)

Arnab
May 16, 2005, 07:32 PM
Getting back to relevance:

Federer today won the most prestigious sports award for 2004-05: Laureus world sportsman of the year.

He beat out Lance Armstrong, Michael Phelps and Michael Schumacher. Nuff said.

Locutus
May 17, 2005, 02:10 PM
Way to go Federer!:up:

Locutus
May 17, 2005, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Logen

Federer has been the number one since Jan 2004. You are 17 months late.
You are right. I had a look at it again. Federer is number one.