PDA

View Full Version : Mehrab Hossain Opi is back - scored 168. 3rd in total runs (608) despite playing 1 less game.

pagol-chagol
April 6, 2005, 01:18 PM
He has been producing consistently in the league. His second century was a big one. Despite playing one less game he has become the 3rd player to pass 600 runs this year. (behind Golam Rahman and Hasanuzzaman)

Has he finally grown up?

Edited on, April 6, 2005, 6:31 PM GMT, by pagol-chagol.
Reason: 608 runs

Sham
April 6, 2005, 01:27 PM
Four centuries today! What an NCL this has been!

BD Tigers
April 6, 2005, 03:10 PM
I hope he makes lot of run to make a comeback or atleast to the BD A team.

Congrats Opi.

AsifTheManRahman
April 6, 2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Sham
Four centuries today! What an NCL this has been!

i've had a look at the scores, and actually your statement hides a lot. there've been a lot of 80's and 70's and "lesser" half centuries in this round. this is scary. i'm starting to believe that they are playing on pieces of Batsmen's Heaven.

Tintin
April 6, 2005, 03:35 PM
Also a century stand for the last wicket :bravo:

cricket_pagla
April 6, 2005, 07:16 PM
mayb Mehrab Sr. (Opi) going to replace Javed Omar Belim, on next tour!;):lol:

couger
April 7, 2005, 12:50 AM
Sorry Opi-------too little, too late.

bdboy
April 7, 2005, 05:41 AM
Too little, too late.
But Not end of the World. Work hard will get result.

Opi is in third position in my favourite player list.

Fazal
April 7, 2005, 08:57 AM
Congrats Opi. !!!

May be its too little, too late. But this kind of performance by national team reject players set the standard higher for players who is trying to come-back (or even for first time) to the national team.

AsifTheManRahman
April 7, 2005, 09:23 AM
my opinion: a single inning of 160 odd from Opi is nothing to go crazy about. on the other hand, it's also never too late for anyone. it shouldn't be. a nation should field its best eleven, be it full of 40 year olds or whatever.

pagol-chagol
April 7, 2005, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman
my opinion: a single inning of 160 odd from Opi is nothing to go crazy about. on the other hand, it's also never too late for anyone. it shouldn't be. a nation should field its best eleven, be it full of 40 year olds or whatever.

you're right. A single innings is no big deal. The consistency is. Specially from a gifted old timer who also has Bangladesh's only ever one day century. Most people thought if he has his head straightened up he would have been awesome. I hope he finally has grown up. (Not necessarily for BD team's sake)

couger
April 7, 2005, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by AsifTheManRahman

Right. The question is would he ever become one of those 'best 11'. As i see it we have plenty of alternatives, younger players with lot more (than Opi) to offer.

aosaif
April 8, 2005, 03:12 AM
I hope Mehrab makes a comeback. He's got tremedous talent along with great technique. I reckon he could become a more flamboyant form of Rajin Saleh.