PDA

View Full Version : Umpire for Lords test

oracle
April 6, 2005, 04:11 PM
Read recently that umpires have been appointed for the first test. I need clarifications as to whether Krishna Hari Haran will be the Umpirte for the first test . I believe the umpire selected is an ICC announcement. Will get details

Sham
April 6, 2005, 04:16 PM
Krishna Hariharan will make his Test match on-field umpiring debut at Lord's in the first Test between Bangladesh and England. Darryl Harper is the other on-field umpire set to officiate in that game!

RazabQ
April 6, 2005, 04:50 PM
Oh lord! Yet another debutant. As for Harper, how's his record against us?

AsifTheManRahman
April 6, 2005, 07:44 PM
As long as Aleem Dar or Billy the Clown Bowden aren't there....:)

al
April 6, 2005, 07:47 PM
I think, Billy and Aleem dar were more favorable. It was jeremy Llyod who gave all those LBW. But it happens. Nobody is perfect. Move on and do better next time

couger
April 7, 2005, 12:46 AM
No need to do us any favors. As long as they're fair I'm happy.

deshibhai
April 7, 2005, 10:23 AM
as long as ashocker desilva is not the "umpire"

Tintin
April 7, 2005, 10:45 AM
I need clarifications as to whether Krishna Hari Haran will be the Umpirte for the first test .

Hariharan is not in the current elite panel, whose term is about to come to an end. Sheppard is retiring and there may be one or two other changes. This might be a hint that Hariharan is going to replace Shep.

http://www.icc-cricket.com/umpires-referees/

Tokai
April 7, 2005, 10:49 AM
umpire e hok ar jaampire e hok, asol kaaz khela. amra kheltay parlay umpire ki kortay parbo?

Carte Blanche
April 7, 2005, 11:53 AM
Correct Tokai, there's nothing we can do about the umpiring and I'm pretty certain the team is not even worried about this. Nonetheless Harper is a good umpire, and Hariharan... umm he reminds me of my favourite singer. I just hope his umpiring skills are as good as his namesake's music.